Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

Meoima

Ha ha so Yuzuru just repeats himself again, always messes up SP in his first GP http://youtu.be/n4d5PK6Oqfo
I have seen this too many times I don't know what should I feel lol. At least the 3A saved him. This is still better than last year SC lol. Good luck in the LP!

Meoima

SuzyQ from GS forum has translated a part of an article about Yuzuru.
SuzyQ said:
I roughly translated the bold part:
He damaged his left foot instep before the Nationals in December last year, and he did not skate for two months after the Worlds end March - April this year. It was the first time for him not skating for such a long time. It was nearly autumn when he was allowed to do one quad jump a day.
Besides this, he damaged his right ankle and left knee, so that he could not use his body fully. He suffered an array of health problems, and caught a cold this autumn. His practice time is less than 2 hours a day, and 5 days a week at most. He has to reduce his amount of training comparing to other skaters.
Hanyu is aware “Quality over time for training” and “It is not easy to acquire stamina.” The biggest enemy for him to win the second Olympics may be injuries. This will be the Olympic pre-season for him fighting against that enemy.
As far as I read Japanese, it is present tense. So, I think his training is still limited.

Bellanca

Apologies, if this has been answered already, but is Yuzuru completely healthy at this time?

Meoima

Apologies, if this has been answered already, but is Yuzuru completely healthy at this time?
Yuzuru is not back to his best form yet. His left foot is still not fully recovered. My friend who is a doctor says it might be chornic and he will need therapy for the rest of his career. But she also says with adequate training and resting, he might handle it ok enough.

Bellanca

Thank you for your quick reply! I appreciate it! :)

So many skaters compete with chronic ailments, let's hope Yuzuru will overcome any hurdles this chronic injury might bring to him. He's a positive guy, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue for him -- mentally speaking, and w/ proper physical rehab, it sounds like Yuzuru is in good hands.

Meoima

Thank you for your quick reply! I appreciate it! :)

So many skaters compete with chronic ailments, let's hope Yuzuru will overcome any hurdles this chronic injury might bring to him. He's a positive guy, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue for him -- mentally speaking, and w/ proper physical rehab, it sounds like Yuzuru is in good hands.
Yuzuru is indeed in good hands. My friend trained at CC for a short time said whenever Yuzuru pushed his limits too much, either Tracy or Brian or other coach would shout at Yuzuru and told him to stop. Usually he's reluctant but in the end he still followed their orders. All for his health.

kittysk8ts

Yuzuru is indeed in good hands. My friend trained at CC for a short time said whenever Yuzuru pushed his limits too much, either Tracy or Brian or other coach would shout at Yuzuru and told him to stop. Usually he's reluctant but in the end he still followed their orders. All for his health.
Tracy even says that the 4Lo was NOT their idea and that they felt he had plenty of content. Obviously, LOL. Haha. She says he refuses to simply maintain. They are in awe of him and rightly so. :)

handomi

It's just Skate Canada but he should have won it overall. It's hilarous how low GOEs he received for his stunning jumps in LP .For his perfect 3a combos 1.8 and 1.2 (!?!) :blah:
I am not even going to talk about judges who throwed 0's for Hanyu 4S, 3F and 3lz.:blah:

But he is in good condition. Nailed quad toe so late in program easily. His technique on jumps even improved I think.

Last edited:

kittysk8ts

It's just Skate Canada but he should have won it overall. It's hilarous how low GOEs he received for his stunning jumps in LP .For his perfect 3a combos 1.8 and 1.2 (!?!) :blah:
I am not even going to talk about judges who throwed 0's for Hanyu 4S, 3F and 3lz.:blah:

But he is in good condition. Nailed quad toe so late in program easily. His technique on jumps even improved I think.
Well, I do not necessarily agree that he should have won, but I love him a lot and his 3A is a dream..... I respect him for disagreeing with his coaches about adding a 4th quad and wanting to ensure he can win. I also respect and admire his sportsmanship. He is awesome.

handomi

Well, I do not necessarily agree that he should have won, but I love him a lot and his 3A is a dream..... I respect him for disagreeing with his coaches about adding a 4th quad and wanting to ensure he can win. I also respect and admire his sportsmanship. He is awesome.

Actually I don't know why BOrser don't want him to do 4 quads. Of course it's more risky injuiry wise, and he may loose few competitions because of that, but why hold him back when he is capable of doing that along with beatifull program
There will be no time to add new hard quad in olympic season so he must start doing it now to gain consistency on this layout

kittysk8ts

Actually I don't know why BOrser don't want him to do 4 quads. Of course it's more risky injuiry wise, and he may loose few competitions because of that, but why hold him back when he is capable of doing that along with beatifull program
There will be no time to add new hard quad in olympic season so he must start doing it now to gain consistency on this layout
I agree with you! And he obviously convinced Brian and Tracy as well. I think they were just being protective of him and felt it was not necessary to add 4Lo when he has proven (last year's WRs) as long as he skates clean, he wins, and rightfully so, in my opinion.

Meoima

Well Yuzuru is also kind of crazy, when he misses some elements in practice he just does it over and over again, and Borser and Tracy have to shout at him to stop. I am glad there are people to watch over him.
But Orser still allows Yuzuru to jump 4lz under his eyes as I have heard. Will Borser ever let Yuzuru bring 4lz to competition is another story though.

Meoima

English sub for Yuzuru's exhibition program at Skate Canada 2016 https://youtu.be/jVf64IKxZ_E

This music was actually a suggestion from Tarasova. She sent Yuzuru the CD of her favorite music a while ago and Yuzuru chose this song to skate in exhibition gala this season. Tarasova was very happy of course.

Our dear Fairuza's translation of Tat's comment about Yuzuru's gift to her:
-----
TAT: You know I had a nice surprise yesterday - the Japanese Federation found me yesterday and gave me a gift from Hanyu. I had sent him some music. I had the music and I thought it would be good for his Ex. He was in his costume - there was a photograph - with 'To Dear Tatyana' written on it, the photograph of the ex, and a two-page long letter of gratitude. They gave me all that yesterday and I was stunned, since it's not usually done with us (Russian athletes) - thanking a coach for...
Gr: Why isn't it done?
TAT: Well, that's the way things are... I was very pleased, very-very touched. Thank you, Hanyu!

Meoima

English sub for Yuzuru's exhibition program at Skate Canada 2016 https://youtu.be/jVf64IKxZ_E

This music was actually a suggestion from Tarasova. She sent Yuzuru the CD of her favorite music a while ago and Yuzuru chose this song to skate in exhibition gala this season. Tarasova was very happy of course.

Our dear Fairuza's translation of Tat's comment about Yuzuru's gift to her:
-----
TAT: You know I had a nice surprise yesterday - the Japanese Federation found me yesterday and gave me a gift from Hanyu. I had sent him some music. I had the music and I thought it would be good for his Ex. He was in his costume - there was a photograph - with 'To Dear Tatyana' written on it, the photograph of the ex, and a two-page long letter of gratitude. They gave me all that yesterday and I was stunned, since it's not usually done with us (Russian athletes) - thanking a coach for...
Gr: Why isn't it done?
TAT: Well, that's the way things are... I was very pleased, very-very touched. Thank you, Hanyu!
Subtitle for Tarasova's comment about Yuzuru skating to her music choice. There are options to choose English sub or Japanese sub.
https://youtu.be/zI7YRAu1sy0

Meoima

Orser's new interview: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2016/11/10/208573330
---------
Icenetwork: Yuzuru has a different strategy, then?

Orser: Yuzu is very focused on his quads at the moment. There are six quads in his two programs this season, two of which are quad loops (one in the short and one in the free). He has really stepped it up technically this season. It's a tall order for him, and I needed some time to understand what his strategy was. He wants to use this season to get mileage on these new elements. That means that he had to sacrifice some of his skating at the start of the season. His speed, his spins, his elements were not so good at first, because he was focusing so much on the quads. His step sequence was maybe 70 percent of the level it should be. Once he explained his strategy to me, I totally understood. I understand Javier's strategy as well.

Icenetwork: Do you think that explains why Yuzuru lost at Skate Canada?

Orser: Skate Canada would have been an easy win for him, but he wanted to get some mileage with the quads. He is considering the bigger picture. Now he wants to train the program so the quads will be clean. He wants to feel good prior to the last quad (two of the quads are in the second part of his free skate). Later in the season, he will shift gears to go to a different mindset. The one who has to be patient is me! And the federation, of course, and the fans, who expect something perfect each time. But he is making me a believer.

Meoima

Video preview of NHK http://dai.ly/x52rbm7
At around 5m, Yuzuru said: "I think there is no such thing as 'the limit' or 'the strongest' program in the world. I would like to make further efforts aiming at the quality only I can achieve, the program elements only I can execute, and the expression only I can make." - Sophie Moroi's translation

Meoima

Last edited:

Fairuza

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information