Bobrova and Soloviev out of Worlds

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Eh, your ENTIRE track and field team is banned from the Olympics. There is systematic doping in your country - that's a fact! 1/5 Russian athletes tested across all sports were using this PED last year - poor Russians with their dodgy tickers! The only way the system will change is if the Russian people demand change, but you don't even seem remotely embarrassed or ashamed? Just full of sh*t excuses.

lol someone needs anger management

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I have not read the article, but

'Even an ice dancer'- brought me a chuckle. They think ice dancing is 'easy', and not athletic at all.

What bothers me is that athletes from multiple countries have failed doping tests in the past and in the present, but the biggest headlines are saved for Russian athletes.

Because their whole track and field federation is suspended? And because the shenanigans with the drug testing labs in Moscow were widely covered?

Look, I take the entire game of baseball with cynicism since the late 90s. Those great American heroes were doped to the eyeballs and the voters in the Hall of Fame agree. If Russia is under the gun again there is good reason for it and I'm not naive enough to believe that ice dancers are naturally more pure hearted than runners or cyclists or baseball players.

poths

Well, you seem to suggest it's a Russian problem. It really isn't. If Putin wasn't such a moron and hadn't started a Cold War for no reason, This Russian doping scandal and ban would never have happened
Come again? :lol:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Well, you seem to suggest it's a Russian problem. It really isn't. If Putin wasn't such a moron and hadn't started a Cold War for no reason, This Russian doping scandal and ban would never have happened

Excuse me but while I blame Putin wholeheartedly for many things, Bobrova is not a victim of the new Cold War. She's a victim of her own use of a performance enhancing drug.

Xela M

Excuse me but while I blame Putin wholeheartedly for many things, Bobrova is not a victim of the new Cold War. She's a victim of her own use of a performance enhancing drug.

I wasn't talking about Bobrova, but about the highly publicised athletics scandal/ban of Russian athletes before Rio.

poths

No no, it's Putin's fault. Oh and also...other countries cheat too.

poths

I wasn't talking about Bobrova, but about the highly publicised athletics scandal/ban of Russian athletes before Rio.
And it has nothing to do with the fact the there is state sponsored doping program from which that 60% of the athletes who won medals in London have since failed drug tests? If you're going to cheat, at least have the self respect to use sophisticated PEDs !

Xela M

And it has nothing to do with the fact the there is state sponsored doping program from which that 60% of the athletes who won medals in London have since failed drug tests? If you're going to cheat, at least have the self respect to use sophisticated PEDs !

I actually agree with this :D Russia is way behind in the PEDs they're using. China and the US are infinitely more advanced

hanca

Values her privacy
Given the state of Russian ice dance, I wonder if the RSF needs to start identifying potential singles skaters (male and female) that could get into ice dance? I know the switch to ice dance from singles is difficult, and it takes a long time (one full Olympic cycle) for the teams to gell.

Vasilisa Davankova is in Israel as an ice dancer, from what I read here on fsu. Can she go back to Russia and find a partner there?

May be they need to use their political power to make Tiffany and Jon eligible?

I am grasping at straws.
You are grasping at straws. Rumour says that Davankova has changed to ice dance, but until we see the results I would not choose this strategy as a way to save Russian ice dance. Change from singles to ice dance did not work that well for Stavitskaya!

Nmsis

I actually agree with this :D Russia is way behind in the PEDs they're using. China and the US are infinitely more advanced
Methink local doping very much resembles local industry.
It may be privately (even orgachically) or governementally funded.
It may be wide-spread, centralized, centered on "attraction/excellency poles", delocalized, industrial, artisanal.
The economical mecanisms change but the goal and the reality are the same.
One thing is for sure, the more money a sport attracts / a country puts into sport, the more professional the doping is.
And for sure, Russian made HUGE investments in sports not long ago. Huge investment of public money. Ie there is a public demand for success.
But is the investment (and the pressure) really superior than the US' or China's ?
Not sure.

And the other thing I hold for sure is that the biggest sports of each country are at the same time the biggest local laboratories, the disciplines where government's / sport bodies' control is the most lenient and for which the audience doesn't really want to hear about the possibility of doping.
Human mind can be very ambiguous about doping.

Xela M

Methink local doping very much resembles local industry.
It may be privately (even orgachically) or governementally funded.
It may be wide-spread, centralized, centered on "attraction/excellency poles", delocalized, industrial, artisanal.
The economical mecanisms change but the goal and the reality are the same.
One thing is for sure, the more money a sport attracts / a country puts into sport, the more professional the doping is.
And for sure, Russian made HUGE investments in sports not long ago. Huge investment of public money. Ie there is a public demand for success.
But is the investment (and the pressure) really superior than the US' or China's ?

And the other thing I hold for sure is that the biggest sports of each country are at the same time the biggest local laboratories, the disciplines where government's / sport bodies' control is the most lenient and for which the audience doesn't really want to hear about the possibility of doping.

The biggest sport in the world - soccer - is the one sport that escapes all the doping scrutiny (except for the infamous cocaine Maradona incident)

Tinami Amori

Eh, your ENTIRE track and field team is banned from the Olympics. There is systematic doping in your country - that's a fact! 1/5 Russian athletes tested across all sports were using this PED last year - poor Russians with their dodgy tickers! The only way the system will change is if the Russian people demand change, but you don't even seem remotely embarrassed or ashamed? Just full of sh*t excuses.
IRE was sooooooo embarrassed after Michelle Smith, that the only doping they are not ashamed off is for footballers and horse racers....... :D, ah, but then it is a very small country.

Nmsis

The biggest sport in the world - soccer - is the one sport that escapes all the doping scrutiny (except for the infamous cocaine Maradona incident)
Exactly.
There are scandals about violence, about personal dislikes, about cheating thought bets.
But doping in football / soccer ? Rarely. (and in France, we have football players who have impliciltly admited to doping -even if it was for a team in a foreign country- and still entered the national squad, no questions asked. Journalists are not shy to say that it does exist, probably in a very large scale, but nobody is interested in digging).

Xela M

Exactly.
There are scandals about violence, about personal dislikes, about cheating thought bets.
But doping in football / soccer ? Rarely. (and in France, we have football players who have impliciltly admited to doping -even if it was for a team in a foreign country- and still entered the national squad, no questions asked. Journalists are not shy to say that it does exist, probably in a very large scale, but nobody is interested in digging).

I love both Holland and Bayern, but Robben should have been tested awhile ago imo ;)

Sylvia

TBD
Oct. 22, 2015 blog post/press release re. mildronate (meldonium) being added to WADA's 2016 Prohibited List: http://www.cleancompetition.org/Blo...NG-DRUG-TO-BANNED-LIST-AFTER-PCC-FUNDED-STUDY
Earlier this year, a special research project funded, in part, by the Partnership for Clean Competition, was tasked with evaluating global athlete usage of mildronate, which was not previously prohibited, to determine if the rates of use indicated any potential performance-enhancing concerns. Analysis of 8,300 random, anonymous urine samples collected at doping control sessions revealed that 182 (2.2%) contained the energy-shifting drug mildronate, a substance first discovered and used in the 1980s as a cardioprotective agent.

"From an anti-doping perspective, the 2.2% rate in this study was concerning," said Dr. Larry Bowers, Chairperson of the PCC Scientific Board, "This figure represents more than twice the overall rate of laboratory findings for a single drug than any of the substances on the Prohibited List."

Xela M

One thing I must say... I like Maria a lot, but my first tennis love was Kafelnikov and he is throwing huge shade on her on twitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information