2016 Academy Awards (Oscars) - Ceremony & Red Carpet

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
Alejandro G. Iñárritu makes it back to back wins as best director. This means that The Revenant will probably go on to win best picture.

Awards Table (thus far)

1. Mad Max: Fury Road - 6
2. The Revenant - 2
3. Spotlight - 1
= The Big Short - 1
= The Danish Girl - 1
= Ex Machina - 1
= Bridge of Spies - 1
= Inside Out - 1
= The Bear -1
= A Girl in the River - 1
= Amy - 1
= Stutterer - 1
= Son of Saul - 1
= The Hateful Eight - 1
= Spectre - 1

sweetsparky

Good Ice Dance = THE SEX
Apparently the song title and movie it came from are the only thing on the ballot. (Not the singer or song writer.)

Is this something new? It really surprises me they exclude the song writer.

Wow, Iñárritu wins his second Oscar. Impressive.

mtnskater

Aside from Mad Max, we have Bridge of Spies, Room, The Revenant (I guess that's violent), The Big Short, The Spotlight, Brooklyn and The Martian, so I am kinda :huh: about the guns criticism.

I was not restricting my criticism of Hollywood movies to just the Oscar nominees. However The Revenant was included in that criticism.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Inarritu is a wonderful director, but I'd much rather have seen someone else win this award this year. Spread the wealth.

The voiceover said Inarritu has four Oscars, so apparently two for Best Director, and then some producer awards I imagine, unless he's won for writing which I don't think.

Last edited:

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Did Inarritu just re-christen Tom Hardy as Tom Hardly? :rofl: I understand nerves and all, but that gave me a chuckle

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I was not restricting my criticism of Hollywood movies to just the Oscar nominees. However The Revenant was included in that criticism.

Okay. That leaves six out of eight just from the Best Picture nominees alone that do no merit that particular criticism. And it seems to me that there are plenty of other movies that don't either if you aren't restricting yourself to the Oscar nominees.

:huh:

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
Brie Larson wins. That's the first award of the night for Room.

Awards Table (thus far)

1. Mad Max: Fury Road - 6
2. The Revenant - 2
3. Spotlight - 1
= The Big Short - 1
= The Danish Girl - 1
= Ex Machina - 1
= Bridge of Spies - 1
= Inside Out - 1
= The Bear -1
= A Girl in the River - 1
= Amy - 1
= Stutterer - 1
= Son of Saul - 1
= The Hateful Eight - 1
= Spectre - 1
= Room - 1

Jimena

Haven't seen The Revenant, but it's impressive that González Iñárritu won twice in a row. I think he's an extraordinary director. Amores Perros is one of my favorite movies ever. The one thing I wish is that people would remember that his first surname is González. He's not just Iñárritu.

And that's my snobbish Latina post of the night. :)

aftershocks

Banned Member
I would have liked to see Saoirse win, if just to hear her voice. :encore:

Rampling is a wonderful actress, but she was unlikely to win even had she not misspoke re the 'diversity' issue. Oscars usually go to the bright young talented ladies, unless once in awhile Helen Mirren or Meryl Streep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information