73rd Golden Globe Awards

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Yeah I'm for Ridley Scott too! Inarritu won awards last year for Birdman, didn't he? Spread the wealth! Plus The Martian was great on so many levels. I'll probably wait a long time before I'll be in the mood if ever to look at The Revenant or The Hateful Eight. I mean, got to get a rest from overly intense adventure stories and violent genre movies, though I did enjoy Tarantino's Django Unchained (once I got around to viewing it on DVD). ;) Apparently the characters in Eight are complete turn-offs.

Gosh they keep editing out what people are saying. Did Inarritu swear or something? :confused: :duh:

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I just want to say this much about Denzel. I had the honor to meet him when part of the movie, The Great Debaters was being filmed in my hometown. He is so nice and very kind. I have a lot of respect for him not just as a person but as a director and family man. You go, Denzel! :respec:

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
The Miss Golden Globe has had a workout tonight--I think maybe three of the winners have gone the right way.

Lacey

Oh no, Maggie Gyllenhaal, your dress is hideous, green and gold do not film well and actually clash with your beautiful blue eyes.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Taraji P. Henson wins Best Actress TV Series Drama for "Empire" (And then her Cookie character hands out cookies to the people seated around her. :rofl: )

:lol: Girl had 'tude in her acceptance speech. And I don't blame her. Speak up for yo'self you fine diva you! Go Lady! :cheer2:

Taraji and Terrence go way back. Both got their breaks in that well-acted but not very fresh character story about a pimp and whore. :yawn: That year, I was appalled when the song for that movie won the Oscar for Best Song. "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp." :rolleyes: :blah: The overall movie was good though, the script okay and excellent acting. I can't remember name of the film.

smurfy

:lol: Girl had 'tude in her acceptance speech. And I don't blame her. Speak up for yo'self you fine diva you! Go Lady! :cheer2:

Taraji and Terrence go way back. Both got their breaks in that well-acted but not very fresh character story about a pimp and whore. :yawn: That year, I was appalled when the song for that movie won the Oscar for Best Song. "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp." :rolleyes: :blah: The overall movie was good though, the script okay and excellent acting. I can't remember name of the film.

Hustle and Flow

aftershocks

Banned Member
Yeah, they needed Jim Carrey a lot earlier, with all those not funny gags and skits. Carrey comes out and just smiles and it brings up so many funny memories. His timing and wit are unbeatable. Plus Jamie Foxx is always smooth, cool, and funny. Jamie was so proud of his daughter serving as Ms Golden Globe -- his daughter is very lovely too.

I'm so glad that The Martian won and glad for Ridley Scott accepting as producer, since he didn't win Best Director.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Leo wins because it's so overdue. :) Tough year it's gonna be at the Oscars with all the deserving talent.

I had read a kind of middling review of The Revenant. So now, after hearing Leo talk about it, maybe I will see it in the theater.

Allskate

"The Martian" wins Best Movie Comedy or Musical. Even director Ridley Scott disagrees it was a comedy. :lol:

Most of the best actor - comedy - nominees were in movies that were only borderline comedies -- The Big Short (Christian Bale and Steve Carrell), Danny Collins (Al Pacino)

BigB08822

Thrilled for Larson! I want her to get the Oscar so badly.

I hate when actors use their speech to get all political. It is rarely done well. I think Arquette did a great job last year since it dealt directly with her line of work but it usually just makes me uncomfortable.

Speaking of Arquette, didn't she win the Golden Globe last year for Best Actress? I wonder why she didn't come back to present. I don't remember Moore winning.

peibeck

Simply looking
Brie Larson wins Best Actress Drama for "Room" (and best dressed from me)

Leonardo DiCaprio wins Best Actor Drama for "The Revenant"

Jay42

Between the click of the light
So Envy Adams beat Galadriel and it's possible my nerd self is exploding:lol:. I would have been happy either way. I like both Brie Larson and Cate Blanchett a lot. But Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is one of my all time favourite movies so I'm pulling for Larson over Blanchett this year.

peibeck

Simply looking
Speaking of Arquette, didn't she win the Golden Globe last year for Best Actress? I wonder why she didn't come back to present. I don't remember Moore winning.

She won supporting actress last year. She was on earlier.

vesperholly

So Envy Adams beat Galadriel and it's possible my nerd self is exploding:lol:. I would have been happy either way. I like both Brie Larson and Cate Blanchett a lot. But Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is one of my all time favourite movies so I'm pulling for Larson over Blanchett this year.

So that's where I knew her from!! I loved Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - absolutely hilarious.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Arquette did present. I like her. CSI Cyber is a ridiculous show, but I watch it because I like her.

Allskate

I've never even heard of Scott Pilgrim v. The World.

I guess I'll put "The Revenant" on my list of movies to see.

BigB08822

She won supporting actress last year. She was on earlier.

Oh yes, I forgot, she was in Supporting. So Moore won last year for Actress? Which movie was that? My memory is not what it used to be. lol

Edit: Still Alice. Geez, how could I forget. In my defense, I never saw the movie. lol

A little ironic about my memory comment considering the movie.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
So that's where I knew her from!! I loved Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - absolutely hilarious.
It's such a great movie:D. @Allskate, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is a comic book movie directed by Edgar Wright. Brie Larson's role was quite small but she was still fantastic in an already fantastic movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information