All Thing PBS

A.H.Black

So who watched Escape Artist. I can't decide what I think. I can't decide if I am going to keep watching. It was scary. I don't really enjoy that kind of scary. I like that the guy is a serious father.

Skate Talker

I PVR'd it as I was busy and then when I found out it was part 1 of 2 so decided to wait until after the second part to watch it all together. I don't like scary but sometimes the British ones are just so well done that I have to watch despite myself - but it will be easier if I can watch it all at once.

dardar1126

So who watched Escape Artist. I can't decide what I think. I can't decide if I am going to keep watching. It was scary. I don't really enjoy that kind of scary. I like that the guy is a serious father.

That bad guy is sooooooooooooooooo creepy! :scream: As tense and nervous as it made me, I have to know how this story is resolved, so I'll definitely watch the finale...with the lights on and the doors/windows locked! :eek:

dardar1126

Twitter:

D Wallace ‏@dWallaceUS 1h
A Hawking documentary is on some PBS stations tonight. Good program and includes a brief bit of Benedict [Cumberbatch]. Check your TV schedule...

:)

Artemis@BC

Reminder: season 2 of Endeavour starts this Sunday (the 28th).

I didn't love this at first with the stand-alone pilot, but by the time they rolled out the first full season I was starting to enjoy it. Not my favourite detective series ever but still worth watching.

Artemis@BC

Also returning on Sunday: Last Tango in Halifax.

I loved season 1 and think this cast is terrific, but I thought it came to a pretty good conclusion. I hope the second season is as good and not just a response to its popularity.

Haven't had a chance to watch The Escape Artist yet ...

ioana

Reminder: season 2 of Endeavour starts this Sunday (the 28th).

I didn't love this at first with the stand-alone pilot, but by the time they rolled out the first full season I was starting to enjoy it. Not my favourite detective series ever but still worth watching.

I <3 Shaun Evans as Baby Morse. I wasn't crazy about some of the storyline, i.e. second episode with the Victorian ghost 'haunting', but overall it's definitely worth a look. Some of the aerial shots of Oxford are glorious.

Also returning on Sunday: Last Tango in Halifax.

I loved season 1 and think this cast is terrific, but I thought it came to a pretty good conclusion. I hope the second season is as good and not just a response to its popularity.

Fingers crossed. I loved the first season so much, I'm using the OST as part of my program music this season :cheer2:

Latte

You have made my day! I have always thought that DS was the perfect Poirot. Just as described in the books. I am so happy that he is doing a new season!

Artemis@BC

Suchet was pretty terrific as Poirot, but I got mighty tired of them by the end of the last run. However I haven't seen any for 10 years or more, so that should be a long enough break for it to feel fresh again. :D

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I don't know if it was posted earlier, but PBS is now showing season 2(!) of Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries. I'm in heaven :)

Grannyfan

I don't know if it was posted earlier, but PBS is now showing season 2(!) of Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries. I'm in heaven :)

I don't think my PBS station carries Miss Fisher, but I have been able to watch the first two seasons on Acorn TV. I love her!

Grannyfan

Seems like I read somewhere that two new episodes of Poirot will air on PBS, and the other new ones will be shown, one a week, on Acorn TV, and this will be the last of Poirot. I also read that David Suchet has filmed every single Poirot novel and short story, something like 65 shows.

Holley Calmes

Squeee!!!! (I just hope that they stick closely to the books)

And I wonder if they will cover the later books, with Clowance and Jeremy (and Bella) grown up?

Yes to all the above! Wasn't Ian Gruffud (spelling??) in one of the last years of Poldark before he did Hortio Hornblower, or am I imagining things?

A.H.Black

Yes to all the above! Wasn't Ian Gruffud (spelling??) in one of the last years of Poldark before he did Hortio Hornblower, or am I imagining things?

Took me a while to find him - it's actually Iaon Gruffudd. He was in a Poldark, but not the one most of us saw. It was this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117353/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_66 I'll give Poldark a look.

Interesting preview for Death comes to Pemberley - http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/previews/death-comes-pemberley-preview/

Holley Calmes

I love how Lizzy looks like a real human being in this preview of DCTP. Not like a perfect pretty Lizzy we all want to be....a REAL Elizabeth. Who's had several children and runs a huge estate (or the domestic parts of it which must be exhausting...) Matthew Rhys though.....damn....he's hot. Granny crush. Sorry.

ioana

Ah, Aidan Turner was the vampire on BBC's Being Human. Until he got himself killed off for a dramatic character arc so he can go off to New Zealand and film The Hobbit. I was a big fan of BH in their first few seasons, so will definitely give this a try.

Last edited:

skatesindreams

I'm interested in the new "Poldark"; and will watch.

However, I doubt that anyone can replace Robin Ellis in the role.
I'm glad that he will appear in the new series.

Jubak

I don't think my PBS station carries Miss Fisher, but I have been able to watch the first two seasons on Acorn TV. I love her!

I really love "Miss Fisher", too. Costuming is gorgeous! Pretty lightweight stories but cute series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information