Joshua Farris: Not Allergic To Gold - the Uber thread!

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I told a friend of mine, who is a huge Jeremy Abbott fan, that Josh Farris was going to become a real favorite of hers.

She didn't argue the point.

I really see Josh having a major career, based not just on jumping skills, but with true musicality and creativity.

It's going to be a lot of fun watching Josh over the next few seasons.

OnyxRose81

I hope he can pull up a couple of spots after the LP. His long is much better than his short but all in all, I'm hoping for a great end to the week for Josh.

Mrs. P

I hope he can pull up a couple of spots after the LP. His long is much better than his short but all in all, I'm hoping for a great end to the week for Josh.

Agreed! The FS is fantastic, so I'm hoping for good things in the next few days.

Jammers

I'd like Josh to be a bit more forceful in his skating. He seems a bit too reserved at times.

laire

Look who's not stumbling on the step sequence :lol: I like this performance, he looks relaxed, he doesn't seem to think on every step like he did the previous times he performed this SP. I'm sad we won't see it again, I think this SP had great potential. Oh well.
Now best of luck to Josh in the LP!

OnyxRose81

I'd like Josh to be a bit more forceful in his skating. He seems a bit too reserved at times.

I do agree with you. I hope he can come out of his shell a bit more but I have hopes he'll eventually get there. It just takes time for a lot of people.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
The video is blocked in my country. :wuzrobbed

EDIT:

hehehehehehehe you can't stop me, Youtube copyright claim!

In terms of passion and fire it wasn't as awesome as his performance at Nationals, but he certainly nailed the steps (surely I wasn't the only one who did a little "YES!" when he got through the tricky bit?), and technically it was probably the best he's done it all season. Taking out the quad has clearly helped. Shame he couldn't get the 3T after the 3F. LOOOOOOOOOOVE the 3A. Straight up and down and barely moved an inch either side in the air. Gorgeous.

Now, for a glorious Schindler's List and a magic moment for him!

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I thought he had great attack in his SP today! If he hadn't doubled the 3T he'd be in third place, but he's still right in the mix for a medal. The 3A was simply gorgeous! I think he has my favorite 3A of all the men.

misskarne

I thought he had great attack in his SP today! If he hadn't doubled the 3T he'd be in third place, but he's still right in the mix for a medal. The 3A was simply gorgeous! I think he has my favorite 3A of all the men.

I never thought I'd see the day where I found a 3A as good looking or better than Plushenko's or Gachinski's, but he has it. It's simply STUNNING.

TanithandBenFan

I'm setting my alarm for 5:45am tomorrow for the free skate. Hoping for a beautiful performance to start the day! :)

misskarne

Hmph. Poor Josh was buried all the way down on page 9 by the time I found this thread!

Anyway, per his Twitter, he had his wisdom teeth out the other day, so I hope he's resting up well and eating plenty of non-dairy icecream.

He's also taking music suggestions on Twitter, if any of you are so inclined. ;)

Dr.Siouxs

Ugh, this thread title irks me. :yikes:

Anyway...Hmmmmm what should Joshie Harris skate to.....:COP:

I'm thinking something Jules Massenet...

Mrs. P

Joshua Farris
‏@joshDfarris
So excited to announce that I will be performing in the full @starsonice US Tour!! #dreamcometrue
11:31 AM - 12 Mar 2014

Thrilled for Josh! What a great opportunity.

TanithandBenFan

Joshua Farris
‏@joshDfarris
So excited to announce that I will be performing in the full @starsonice US Tour!! #dreamcometrue

So excited to see this news!! :)

misskarne

So pleased for him! I wonder what ex we'll see? I loooooooooooooooove his "When I Was Your Man" but he might get to have fun experimenting and I'd be interested to see a different kind of ex from him other than a Generic Male Ballad ;)

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
Joshua Farris
‏@joshDfarris

Rad news! :cool: The more experiences he has to perform in front of crowds, the more his skating and performance ability will benefit. I'm sure he is going to have a blast and that fans will love seeing him skate! :):encore:

dinakt

This is great news!!! I am very happy for him. I won't be able to make it to SOI, so I dearly hope there'll be videos. All my favorite US Men are there.

misskarne

The Walker - men's group

Josh is brilliant in this! He's really growing into a performer on the ice.

And maybe we'll see something in the same vein this season...?

One skater bursting with excitement is Josh Farris, the 2013 world junior champion who finished fourth at the U.S. Championships in January. Farris is considering John Mayer or Jason Mraz songs.

“I really want to [skate to lyrics],” he said. “I’ve been talking with my coaches about it. I think it’s a great idea. I want to do something that’s light hearted.”

But Farris also cautioned.

“I think I need to get opinions of the officials,” he said.

I'm looking forward to light-hearted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information