3 Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD FRA 193.47 3 3
4 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS USA 185.07 5 4
5 Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLER CZE 184.84 4 5
6 Olivia SMART / Tim DIECK ESP 180.67 6 6
7 Oona BROWN / Gage BROWN USA 177.21 7 7
8 Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEK CZE 170.84 8 9
9 Hannah LIM / Ye QUAN KOR 169.11 9 8
10 Holly HARRIS / Jason CHAN AUS 156.98 10 10

FD protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Pl. NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
COPRSKDed.
-
StN.
1​
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATESUSA
128.09​
72.03​
56.06​
9.43​
9.39​
9.21​
0.00​
#10​
2​
Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHACAN
119.19​
67.81​
51.38​
8.61​
8.54​
8.54​
0.00​
#9​
3​
Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUDFRA
116.27​
65.69​
50.58​
8.54​
8.39​
8.36​
0.00​
#8​
4​
Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONSUSA
110.02​
60.86​
49.16​
8.29​
8.18​
8.11​
0.00​
#6​
5​
Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLERCZE
109.63​
59.55​
50.08​
8.25​
8.36​
8.43​
0.00​
#7​
6​
Olivia SMART / Tim DIECKESP
108.71​
60.23​
48.48​
8.14​
8.21​
7.89​
0.00​
#5​
7​
Oona BROWN / Gage BROWNUSA
105.87​
58.65​
47.22​
7.86​
7.75​
8.00​
0.00​
#4​
8​
Hannah LIM / Ye QUANKOR
103.62​
58.70​
44.92​
7.64​
7.39​
7.43​
0.00​
#2​
9​
Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEKCZE
102.89​
56.19​
46.70​
7.89​
7.64​
7.82​
0.00​
#3​
10​
Holly HARRIS / Jason CHANAUS
94.99​
53.21​
41.78​
7.14​
6.93​
6.82​
0.00​
#1​

Press conference will be streamed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJAPhxyyDDA

VGThuy

L/l it takes a while to build but by the end i was enthralled. They also skate very close. Lahga looked like he was in pain the whole time though so idk work on your emotional faces sir.
It’s true. He seems to have only one expression he can do well and dials it up to a hundred. With the way ice dance judging is, they need to look more like “stars” than “trying too hard”.

skatingguy

decently
Lajoie, Marjorie/Lagha, Zachary 🇨🇦
Coach: R. Haguenauer, M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Denis
Music: Roses by Jean-Michel Blais

Straight Line Lift 4
OFTW4(3 after review)+OFTM4
Choreo Spin Move
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Char Step Sequence
Stationary Lift 4
DiStW3+DiStM3
Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Dance Lift

I thought they pulled off this material very well. I was taken with their speed, and flow throughout the program.

119.19 = 1st Place
196.99 = 1st Place

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
If I was a skating judge, I would petition the ISU dance committee to implement no approaching the judges rule… or at least no approaching “me” rule.
I think it's called a restraining order.

Madison's dress reminds me of a Salvador Dali clock.
But why is his a combination of a track suit and a rejected early draft from Merce Cunningham's "Beach Birds" costumes?

Gah, after the vocals set in, what a snoozefest.
Green/Parsons returning to the modern dance aesthetic pleases me, but this needs more milage.
I wonder whether they did more than run-throughs since their last comp, since they created a new RD in that gap.

So great to do see Zach so happy and into it both at the end of the program and in the K&C! Have always wondered if he was really enjoying himself
For ten whole seconds in KnC -- a PB.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Chock/Bates FD is smart, which is not the same as being good.

I feel like it's when you go to a party and there are some really good appetizers there, and you eat enough, but you leave vaguely unsatisfied and end up driving through McDonalds because you realize you haven't actually had a meal. And even though a chicken nugget meal is not as tasty as the apps, it actually fills you up. (I've had a lot of 🍷 yesterday and today and this is the best metaphor I can come up with)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I think it's called a restraining order.

But why is his a combination of a track suit and a rejected early draft from Merce Cunningham's "Beach Birds" costumes?

Gah, after the vocals set in, what a snoozefest.

I wonder whether they did more than run-throughs since their last comp, since they created a new RD since then.

For ten whole seconds in KnC -- a PB.

I had to google your reference. Now I would stan ANYONE who did a FD like that :lol:

topaz

I think the French were robbed a little. One of my favorite performances of the day.

Chock/Bates - It's a good program for them highlighting their lifts. However, if they havent' been dinged on their speed, edges and lack of complex entrances/exits now, thet're never going to be. It is just the way it is folks.

I thought L/L were overscored however, their program is more difficult, has more details and more intricate than Chock/Bates.

I am extremely impressed with the French team. They are better skaters and performers than last year. This FD is a departure of them. The fight for 2nd/3rd place at Euros is going to be interesting. This team is in the mix.

Mzareks - A shame about the missed element but their potential to be a great team was display. The speed, edge quality was simply outstanding. Katia needs to work on her posture but Daniel is so good. His posture, performance were on display today.

Taschlers - Natalie was not happy with those marks. Natalie looks a little sloppy at times, she needs to work on control. The speeds was one of the best if not the best of any team at this competition.

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Chock, Madison/Bates, Evan 🇺🇸
Coach: M.F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Time

Stationary Lift 4
Rotational Lift 4
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
OFTW4+OFTM3
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Assisted Jump
Choreo Char Step Sequence
Straight Line Lift 4
DiStW3+DiStM3

Choreo Dance Lift

Interesting balance point to start the program - now they need a more interesting way to get out of the program. I will be interesting to go back & compare this performance to Worlds and see how much of the choreography survives. The lifts, both the elements, and transitional moves, were the highlights, and I think they'll spend the season filling in the rest.

128.09 = 1st Place
212.96 = 1st Place

skatingguy

decently
Mzareks - A shame about the missed element but their potential to be a great team was display. The speed, edge quality was simply outstanding. Katia needs to work on her posture but Daniel is so good. His posture, performance were on display today.
No missed element - just a missed transition in the program.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Thoughts

Lim/Quan: Great senior GP debut. Some nice senior level storytelling, lots of interesting lifts, end seemed to be mostly highlight moves. Work to do on cleaning up the technique, but they skate confidently and with maturity.

Mrazkova/Mrazek: I'm fine with them using this ballet program as a chance to stretch and grow. Fantastic speed and edge quality. Obvious error going into the dance spin. Performance not as organic as the Koreans and definitely some work to do on carriage to effectively convey ballet.

Brown/Brown: I was surprised this scored as high as it did. They don't really take the ice with command and the technique wasn't overwhelmingly good (speed definitely didn't compare to M/M for example). OTOH, the theme didn't bother me and there were moments where they expressed the angst/loneliness with good emotion.

Smart/Dieck: I don't even know what to say about that. He was certainly giving it a lot of performance. Looks too much like a typical IAM hoodwinkery program where we'll avoid thinking about the skating because the concept is developed and there's some showy highlight moves. I like their RD better.

Green/Parsons: Conceptually, the program is fine and they performed it better than at their Sr. B. But there were several sticky places where they didn't get into or out of an element cleanly. You watch the French and the Canadians here and they come out of the gate like they're ready to contend and build on their previous success and G/P look like they need to work themselves back up to where they were at the end of last season. Their world team spot looks tenuous with both C/P and Z/K coming for them.

Taschlerova/Taschler: I love their speed and deep edges. The program, however, didn't feel like a complete concept to me. I would like more storytelling and/or theme from them (without it being climate change, please and thank you).

Lopareva/Brissaud: Seamless. :inavoid: A few seasons ago, I just loved them, and lately they haven't worked so well for me. I'm now wondering if that was a TV screen issue v. being in the arena. Live, they were fantastic. They created a mood, they skated close together and the program was a cohesive whole.

Lajoie/Lagha: I adore their technique. Incredibly hard twizzles without a million steps between and performed with speed. Intricacies throughout their performance. Like the French, everything was performed smoothly. Well done.

Chock/Bates: Incredible acrobatic performance. Clocks have been done before, but never with this degree of unusual and difficult lifts. OTOH, the program was skated slowly and quite a bit of the program is them standing around (lifting around?) and not doing any edgework.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I loved C&B (I think it's so much better than where they were at SA last season), and I really love LaLa but don't think the program does anything for them. It's 1am and I'm sleepy so I don't have coherent thoughts.

Wanted to say something to the Taschlers but they didn't have that approachable vibe, so I didn't (afterwards, at the hotel). Must be disappointing. I wasn't pleased with their scoring.

Lim/Quan are another team I just enjoy watching, and I liked Harris/Chan too but maybe it was just because her dress was so beautiful, but so was Marjorie's.

skatingguy

decently
Both Czech teams received a ! for their Choreographic Character Step Sequence which means that it did one or more of these 3 things happened:
1. both of the partners more than 2 meters from one of the barriers
2. a retrogression is performed
3. pattern is repeated as exactly the same as the Step Sequence, even if the ChSt is skated first

I think the Taschlers had a regression in the pattern, but I'm sure what the issue was with the Mrazeks. This call by the technical panel cost both teams more than 2 points, and the GOE for the element went into the negative for both teams. I have updated the play-by-play posts to reflect this.

Anyone with more technical knowledge have any thoughts?

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Both Czech teams received a ! for their Choreographic Character Step Sequence which means that it did one or more of these 3 things happened:
1. both of the partners more than 2 meters from one of the barriers
2. a retrogression is performed
3. pattern is repeated as exactly the same as the Step Sequence, even if the ChSt is skated first

I think the Taschlers had a regression in the pattern, but I'm sure what the issue was with the Mrazeks. This call by the technical panel cost both teams more than 2 points, and the GOE for the element went into the negative for both teams. I have updated the play-by-play posts to reflect this.

Anyone with more technical knowledge have any thoughts?
I think there’s a recent rule change whereby you also get a ! if you skate more than 2 arm’s lengths apart and that’s what got them both because their coach hasn’t touched up their programs yet.

dupa

Home Sweet Home
I went through two vinyl copies of DSOTM, one CD, and I have it in my digital library. Listening to it is always a start to finish thing, which is what Chock & Bates gave us. The entire album, almost seamlessly and respecfully cut, interpreted brilliantly. My new favourite program of all time.
I totally agree but editing the orgasm out of the "orgasm song" should be against the rules. ;)

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Thoughts on ice dance:
I'm a sucker for Umbrellas of Cherbourg and L/Q did it justice. Was not a huge fan of V/M, but their Umbrellas is one of my favorite FDs of all time.

While I think S/D's program was a long way from being good, it wasn't the complete disaster I expected from reading the thread. While I don't think it succeeded, I like the idea of a darker Elvis. It needed more Vegas sleaze to completely pull it off. And maybe different versions of Elvis songs. Maybe not Elvis.

The Czech boys should move to Canada where they can skate with each other. This is the pairing we all want and need right now.

I want to see that L/L program that y'all saw. I'll trade you the L/B program I saw. Looooooved L/B.

I could be very into G/P's program. By Nationals, that could be a winner. I really liked it.

I want to sit the Browns down and make them watch the Shibutanis and the Kerrs until they get it right. If the Browns could get it together program wise, the C/P versus G/P would be academic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information