2023 Skate America Free Dance - Don’t Miss with Texas

Primorskaya

I think I could like this programme, if it was skated to a totally different music. I tried muting and it worked way better.

Lizziebeth

this is a mysterious major music mashup if there ever was one :eek:

the stationary lift looked stuck but the judges gave it lots of GOE

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Love everything about SmaDie! I can't wait to see this team with more time to develop, but I love their personality on the ice.

I really hope they're the beneficiary of any ice dance spots that open up on the GP.

peibeck

Simply looking
This mess from the neither are Spanish but representing Spain team looks extremely under-rehearsed: nearly missing connections, sloppy presentation, tentative....

Sally1214

Loved Olivia and Tim's costumes. Not my fave mashup of Elvis music I've ever heard for sure but they did it justice for the most part. Agree with Chris (is that who it is on ISU YouTube) who said they lacked chemistry in the slower part. Oh well, lots of time to grow the program as the season progresses.

Desperado

Marjorie’s dress looks beautiful. What’s Zachary hiding under there? 🤔

Was Evgeniia’s dress beading always making it look like she was topless? 🤔

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Chock/Bates look tense. I do hope she's okay. I can't stop worrying about her since the fall, though she looked absolutely fine in the RD.

Primorskaya

Did Chris see the Twitter complaints that he was being too nice yesterday? First time I’ve heard him say anything specifically that he thought could have been better all weekend :lol:
Didn't know about the Twitter complaints but I was thinking, weird how he has Opinions all of a sudden. His commentary in Men's SP consisted mostly of "He didn't disappoint".

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I woke up from a dead-asleep nap in the middle of the Koreans. The horrible sound feed is really detracting from the event, at least for me.

I think I saw everyone in that group skate better in a Challenger but maybe I’m just groggy.

Sally1214

Well, Madison has finally managed to find something to wear that I don't like. Maybe it will grow on me.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
I really like this version of "Fever," but I will never get over the use of "Thus Spake Zarathustra" at the beginning. :lol:
Is there some connection between Thus Spake Zarathustra and Elvis that I’m not aware of? Because Smart/Dieck are not the first ice dance team to use it to open an Elvis programme.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I’m disappointed Lajoie is blonde again. I loved the red hair last season. I know that sounds shallow but I thought it made them stand out more as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information