2023 Skate America Free Dance - Don’t Miss with Texas

floridaice

Is there some connection between Thus Spake Zarathustra and Elvis that I’m not aware of? Because Smart/Dieck are not the first ice dance team to use it to open an Elvis programme.
Did he use it as intro music in one of his big concerts in the early 70's?

Primorskaya

Is there some connection between Thus Spake Zarathustra and Elvis that I’m not aware of? Because Smart/Dieck are not the first ice dance team to use it to open an Elvis programme.
There you go. I had no idea, just googled it.

ETA: I still find it weird that more than one team would even think of using this as an opener to an Elvis programme...

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The music reminds me of the Vitamin String Quartet covers that were so popular In the mid 2000s. I saw that Miura/Kihara are using them for their new SP. Oh yay.

The program doesn't have enough highs and lows for me, and I don't think the elements are done in places to have big wow or high-GOE moments. It's all very nice, and the twizzles were good, but it just doesn't stand out or build.

Even the audience Immediate response, in the US, was very tepid.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
G/P - A very expressive team. I love their interpretation of the opening theme with the bass.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Well I’ll probably be the only one but I enjoyed Olivia and Tim more than G/P. This might have been technically good but it seemed kind of zzzzz. I did enjoy their RD though.

VGThuy

I really enjoyed this as a think piece. It’s intricate and well-choreographed to go with the music with lots of things to pick up. Maybe they need more oomph to sell it to the audience and judges though. It seems like the judges are becoming stingy with them with GOE and PCS.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I liked the first minute of Green & Parson's FD, but then it just started feeling like it was dragging. Thinking of their probable US rivals, it's definitely not as sophisticated as CarPom's FD, or as audience friendly as ZingKol's FD. The last minute just doesn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information