2023 Skate America Free Dance - Don’t Miss with Texas

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
My problem with Chock and Bates can be seen right from the start of the bigger elements. They CRAWL into the twizzles and don't have anything difficult going in. The distance is nothing like most of the teams before them, either. Everything is just so small in general, doesn't have an oomph or push coming out, and it never changes whether it's the start of the season or the end. Lots of stop and go, not a ton of ice coverage. Lajoie and Lagha have it all over them in terms of complexity in between the elements, and almost every other team has them on speed. Everything looks so tentative!!

But don't fear, if the storytelling of the program doesn't go over well, they will change costumes and come up with a new concept ;)

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Interesting stationary lift. It was unexpected. Rotational lift is kind of random? Not fitting musically at all, and lifts are their highlights.

Twizzle GOE is a bit ridiculous, but that's to be expected. None of these elements are really highlighting the music. The whole program just feels all vibes.

I didn't really like this, and I don't know if I'll like it more as the season goes on.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
C/b sorry but this is brilliant. It hides their weaknesses and is just weird and cool. Like no we're not slow we're just doing time choreography respect our vision.

Isu guy in front of me applauded for that first spin/lift thing, first thing he's clapped for all event lol.

Allen

Glad to be back!
The last couple of years I've hated Madison and Evan's FDs the first time I saw them...this was no exception. We'll see if I come around on it.

skatingguy

decently
Natalie Taschlerova/FIlip Taschler 🇨🇿
Coach: M. Zanni, B. Reznickova, D. Loboda
Music: Bluecobalto, Terra Rosa, Son Felice

Straight Line Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
SeStW2+SeStM1
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
Curve Lift 3
Dance Spin 4
OFTW2+OFTM3
Choreo Dance Lift

Choreo Char Step Sequence !
Choreo Slide Move

This was a bit bland, and generic for this team. It doesn't take advantage of their performance ability, or their speed.

109.63 = 2nd Place
184.84 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

VGThuy

That opening section was inspired but the rest of it was not. Chock/Bates can’t really sell this program, at least not in its current iteration. They were given an FD with a vibe that’s closer to Delobel/Schoendelder’s “Pink Floyd” FD when they would do better with one closer to Virtue/Moir’s “Pink Floyd” FD.

Sally1214

Thank you, Madison and Evan. At last, something different that grabbed my attention and held it throughout every second of the performance. You never knew quite what to expect and I love that. I think this program will just get better and better as the season goes on as some of those lifts will get smoother. Congrats on your gold medal, guys!

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Most of the "interesting" bits are when they are stationary. It's obvious they haven't been training as hard as some other teams. This seems like last season where their programs are going to be a work in progress and what we see at Worlds is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information