Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

Meoima

Yuzuru Hanyu replied JOC interview in summer 2017, translation by Iron_Klaus

"I don't have any concrete plans yet. If your objectives are too clear (and set in stone), it feels like you have set limitations on yourself and I don't like this. Right now, I want to let my instincts guide me in how I skate. Because it's the off-season, I can practice different things. I can enjoy skating to the fullest, reflect on myself and expand my repertoire."
First part: https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/873167347040890881

"Male skaters don't peak a quickly as the ladies. Skaters in their teens are landing different types of quad jumps and the media tends to focus on this and their youth. However, it should be noted that it is possible to be a top skater twell in your lates 20s. It is a sport where making new challenges is fun. That's why I'd like to say that you haven't seen anything yet. The (technical level) will keep on becoming higher. Much higher. My primary objective now is to be heakthy at the Pyeongchang Olympics, so that I am able to execute 120% of what I can do."
Second part: https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/873142013385900032

Last edited:

Meoima

"It's unusual for a Japanese person to be thí exceptional in a presentation sport. Even mỏe so when it is a Japanese men we are talking about. Daisuke Takahashi too was one of the top skaters in the world but Hanyu is a different type of skater and the pheromones he produces is of a drifferent type. Hanyu has long arms and legs and well-proportiioned body. Whether he is on or off the ice, his facial expressions also draw us in. At the very end of a skating program, that moment comes when it's comparable to waht final poses a Kabuki actor strikes at the end of the show. The look on his face at that very moment makes you want to shout in appreciation. He has the gift of flexibility and his movements are characterized by gracefulness. He is known for the beauty of his Biellmann spin. Some say he has more flexibility than some of the ladies in the sport.
Some camemramen have said that even though they are supposed to be photographing firgure skating, they end-up trying to capture each and every nuance Hanyu has to show. In this sport, performance, composition and interpretation of music are also evaluated, and Hanyu is unrivalled in terms of artistry. It should be noted that this artistry is on top of a solid technical foundation."
From https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/880138188395859968

GreatLakesGal

After seeing the music other skaters are skating to this season, I'm feeling much, much better about Yuzu keeping Chopin for a third season.

I hope Meoima is okay. Haven't seen any posts by her recently.

Meoima

After seeing the music other skaters are skating to this season, I'm feeling much, much better about Yuzu keeping Chopin for a third season.

I hope Meoima is okay. Haven't seen any posts by her recently.
I am here. It's off season so there's not much to post. I think Yuzuru will do okay with Chopin 3.0
At least no one has ever skated to the same music in competition before. So we can say it's unique and only his until now. I think thanks to the Olympic, his choices will become iconic and will be remembered for years to come.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I think his Chopin SP is excellent and it has the world record (it brings the good vibes), honestly I wouldn't mind if he went back to his LP from 2016 either. I was floored by his LP at 2017 Worlds and that wasn't even my favorite program of his, I think he's going to be okay regardless of which direction they take artistically.

He's freaking awesome. It's going to be a difficult season for all of the top men, but I'd love to see Yuzuru as a two-time Olympic champ at the end of it all. :cheer: I think he's without question the best men's skater, he just has to hit to his potential.

Fiero425

I think his Chopin SP is excellent and it has the world record (it brings the good vibes), honestly I wouldn't mind if he went back to his LP from 2016 either. I was floored by his LP at 2017 Worlds and that wasn't even my favorite program of his, I think he's going to be okay regardless of which direction they take artistically.

He's freaking awesome. It's going to be a difficult season for all of the top men, but I'd love to see Yuzuru as a two-time Olympic champ at the end of it all. :cheer: I think he's without question the best men's skater, he just has to hit to his potential.

I wouldn't mind if Hanyu stayed with the current programs to be a 2 time Olympic champ with them as signature pieces that would be looked back on with such adulation! Supposedly you couldn't hear the last minute of his music the applause was so sustained at Worlds last March! It really was a flawless performance seeing as the air has been known to be quite thin since '99 Worlds were held! Yagudin squeaked by a surging Plushenko back then who had kept his long program from the previous season! I loved that New Age music from Jarre! :plush:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USGtqEuK7Ys&t=169s -

Last edited:

kiches

I wouldn't mind if Hanyu stayed with the current programs to be a 2 time Olympic champ with them as signature pieces that would be looked back on with such adulation! Supposedly you couldn't hear the last minute of his music the applause was so sustained at Worlds last March! It really was a flawless performance seeing as the air has been known to be quite thin since '99 Worlds were held! Yagudin squeaked by a surging Plushenko back then who had kept his long program from the previous season! I loved that New Age music from Jarre! :plush:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USGtqEuK7Ys&t=169s -

As someone who was there in Helsinki that night the applause was thunderous. I remember clapping like crazy after he landed the lutz and continuing to clap well after he finished his program (I think many did this as well). No lie, but I'm pretty sure I slightly bruised one of my hands clapping that night. It was absolutely incredible. Whatever he decides to do if he can create another performance of that caliber and win gold I'll take it.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
He's very versatile and can handle many different styles and types of music, I agree it doesn't matter what he chooses. He will turn it into gold somehow! :rockstar:

I do hope he's not going after the 4axel though in training, if he wants to do that I hope he waits until after the Olympics. Please just don't do it until then. :scream: His 4lutz can make an appearance though and that'll be fine, even if he doesn't necessarily need it. :D I've rarely been as impressed with skating as I was with his LP at Worlds, even 50 years from now people will be in awe of the quality and ease of that performance.

Meoima

Last edited:

clairecloutier

Well, of course I loved Seimei .... and whatever he needs to do to win, I guess.

However, from my own personal standpoint as a fan, I am disappointed. I was hoping to see some truly brilliant new programs from him this season.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
It makes my job easier to already have clips from previous programs that are being recycled, so I'm very happy and grateful about his decision. :COP: Shae-Lynn was able to make "Moulin Rouge" a fresh vehicle for Ashley and there wasn't even a break in between, I have faith that it'll be the same thing here with Yuzuru. I do agree with you though as a general theory, but I like these programs more than 2017 so it kind of balances out.

Please get a new costume! It could be improved IMO, even if it's authentic to the theme. Make it prettier, cooler, and less busy. But even if not, please skate well because you're freaking amazing.

Last edited:

nimi

I'm totally fine with Seimei pt2. (I mean, he could've decided to do Romeo&Juliet pt3 instead...)

Please get a new costume! It could be improved IMO, even if it's authentic to the theme. Make it prettier, cooler, and less busy.
I agree wholeheartedly with the "less busy" part -- fingers crossed!

Meoima

"There will be some critics about this decision (choosing Seimei for Olympic)... I know it's the right decision. Because again that piece deserves to be at the Olympics." - Brian Orser talked to Japanese media about Yuzuru's decision.

nimi

Yuzuru will do 5 quads in the free skate, the music is Seimei but with new music cuts (as that movie has a very long list of songs). https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/163950208929/yuzuru-hanyu-2017-18-media-day-master-post

I guess this mean 4lz will appear.
https://youtu.be/EbKAvvQ77Ng

Because he does 3A2T then 3A as the last jump. With 5 quads and two 3A, I think he will show a new quad soon.
In the tumblr post you linked to it's explained like this (in the translated interview excerpts): he'll do 4Lo and repeat both 4S and 4T, so five quads with only one 3A planned. But if he pops 4S/4T, he'll do another 3A instead of 3Lz as his last jumping pass to make up lost points.

So, when he does 3A as the last jump in that clip, he's practicing his plan B.

He's being really smart with the points and calculations and scenarios here, IMO.

Also, I agree with Orser -- SEIMEI is totally Olympics-worthy.

clairecloutier

Only one 3A in the program?? Sorry but that makes me :( even if it's the right strategy, points wise. Yuzuru's 3As are one of the most glorious things I've seen in all my years as a figure skating fan. (Not to mention it's his bread-and-butter jump.) hmmm......

umronnie

In the tumblr post you linked to it's explained like this (in the translated interview excerpts): he'll do 4Lo and repeat both 4S and 4T, so five quads with only one 3A planned. But if he pops 4S/4T, he'll do another 3A instead of 3Lz as his last jumping pass to make up lost points.

So, when he does 3A as the last jump in that clip, he's practicing his plan B.

He's being really smart with the points and calculations and scenarios here, IMO.

Also, I agree with Orser -- SEIMEI is totally Olympics-worthy.
Wait, what? 4S/4T? Oh, you meant either. Cause Yuzuru is totally capable of going nuts with that...

I love Seimei. It does belong on the biggest stage of all. And since he will be more confortable with it I sure hope he goes clean with all planned content and breaks the roof. I guess 250 is mathematically impossible but it would be so sweet...

nimi

Wait, what? 4S/4T? Oh, you meant either.
Oh yes, '/' stands for 'or', not for '+'. Good for you to clarify that! I guess I should be more attentive to how I type things when we're talking about Yuzu... I wouldn't be surprised if there's some practice video floating around somewhere where he is actually going for 4S+4T or something. (Oh wait, is there? :confused:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information