Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

brennele

I find Yazuru so inspiring. He has so many qualities I admire and value. He is more than a skater. He is someone to look up to. Watching him literally is like a breath of fresh air. We hear that expression a lot but in his case it is true! Does anyone know whether he has expressed anything about what he might want to do when he retires from competitive skating. Has he ever said anything along these lines.

Meoima

I find Yazuru so inspiring. He has so many qualities I admire and value. He is more than a skater. He is someone to look up to. Watching him literally is like a breath of fresh air. We hear that expression a lot but in his case it is true! Does anyone know whether he has expressed anything about what he might want to do when he retires from competitive skating. Has he ever said anything along these lines.
Yuzuru says he has no intention of retiring yet. He has to heal first and go for the Quad Axel. He will continue competing.

Meoima

Let's be sure to send him positive "vibes" to expedite his healing. Is it just his ankle which has been injured?
He has been injured in may parts of his body before. But yes currently only his right ankle has not healed. It is important because the right leg is the leg he uses to land his jump. So he needs to heal it properly first.

I have updated all of his replies in the press conference this morning in my post on the previous page, enjoy.

Sally1214

Meoima, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the information on Yuzuru. He is so very, very special...both as a skater and a person. A legend in his own time, and yet so humble. I pray that he will make a full recovery from his very serious ankle injury and be able to continue skating & attain even more of his goals. I wish him the very best that life has to offer and I thank you for sharing so much of his young life so far with us.

Meoima

Yude from GS forum has summarized a bit of Yuzuru’s new book (actually it’s more like a collection of his interviews). She said:
Anyways, I bought Yuzuru's new book and Oda's book published some weeks ago. I've read the chapter 10 of Yuzuru's book at first, it was basically about his thoughts towards PC Olympics and how hard it was to spend his time after Sochi Olympics. When he started talking about the importance of his mother and family, he cried and he was surprised at himself, he said it was the first time for him to cry during the interview. I really like the interviews of "Ice Jewels" because it seems Yuzuru opens his heart to the interviewer every time compared to other interviews. I really want to know who he/she is but maybe we'll never know. Also we don't know when this interview was given, guessing from his comments, it was probably in the beginning of this season.

Some points:

・He feels it is getting hard to learn how to jump only by his physical ability and imagination. He could do that when he was trying to learn 4T and 4S, but he can't do it easily in learning 4Lo and 4Lz. He thinks he needs more technique and knowledge.

・His life has been like a roller coaster with a lot of ups and downs, and he feels it will be the same from now on.

・After Sochi Olympics, he was thinking he would retire after PC Olympics. And to be really honest, he was still thinking the same until two seasons ago. But he remembered he had to challenge 4A and he could not quit without doing it.

・Studying at the university is fun. He wants to learn and gain knowledge more, so he wants to continue studying a little bit longer. (does this mean he'll take another year on purpose? I don't know.)

・Eventually he is interested in coaching. He wants to leave the data for future skaters and teach them. And if possible, he would like to do ice shows or skating class with the skaters he admires like Stephane, Johnny, Plushenko.

This interview happened before his injury in November 2017 though. At least we know he still aims for that 4A. Now I hope he will rest very well and heal. He will get that 4A as long as he is fully healed.

kittyjake5

^ Thanks for sharing, great interview! Do you think we will we see Yuzu at Worlds? He is still listed.

Meoima

kittyjake5

I guess he was getting his ankle check these days. Maybe we will have updates about his condition next week.

Btw: https://twitter.com/makimaki4715/status/970150783516749824?s=20
Yuzuru giving Alina Zagitova a Pooh at GPF 2016 and she still keeps it in her room. She showed her fan the Pooh Yuzuru gave her sometimes ago.

I guess I was hoping that no news was good news. We will just have to wait and see.

Oh that is so sweet! I missed that one.

Meoima

I guess I was hoping that no news was good news. We will just have to wait and see.

Oh that is so sweet! I missed that one.
Yuzuru is like a Santa who gives Pooh to everyone. I wonder if the Pooh that Zhenia brought home was given to Pooh from Yuzuru as well.

A great fancam from Yuzuru’s SP at the Olympics https://youtu.be/YXDbLkBEILs

clairecloutier

I saw my parents this weekend, they are casual skating fans, not very serious, but of course they were aware of the Olympics.

My dad only watched a few programs at the Olympics; the one he commented on the most was Hanyu's gala program. He was very impressed with Hanyu's basic skating and feeling for the music--completely aside from his jumps.

I thought it was interesting to hear those comments from a casual observer, as I feel many serious fans tend to disregard or undervalue Yuzuru's basic skating quality and see him as a bit of a jumping bean.

clairecloutier

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Yuzuru's gold medal in 2018 was truly a miracle. I never thought anyone could restart training 3 weeks before the Olympics or worlds and win. His OGM was the highlight of the 2018 Olympics for me. Unlike in 2014, many men skated very well in 2018. That makes his achievement even more special.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Hanyu does not deserve to be in a "Trash Can."
Welcome to the Trash Can - I did say this is where admins see fit to put all the gushing about skaters.
And not so many of them provide such juicy materials as divorce or custody of children - by sheer fortune of them mostly being single and child free. This is an extremely young sport - you’re a veteran in your early twenties, and a dinosaur if you’re over 26-27.
So most of the posts will be just that - gushing. If you want to go into full gushing about Yuzu, welcome to our fan forum planethanyu.com
And anyway, Yuzu provides pretty little stuff to gossip about. He’s very private, you know...

Trashcan is just a name of the forum. It does not mean a place to put all the negatives in (or all the gushing or gossip). This forum contains everything that is related to skating and skaters. The GSD forum usually has articles, interviews, news about FS. The rest usually goes to the Trashcan forum. It may contain polls, speculations, cheer threads, and many other things (even kids or pets of skaters, in a few threads). There is an occasional mixing of the two.

Newcomers to fsu are often confused about the different forums. I have seen more confusion about The great Skate debate(GSD) forum than about any other. I had not seen anyine calling the Trashcan a gossip forum or a gush forum until today.If a new poster is asked to move the thread to the Trash can, sometimes they feel insulted, even after explaining that the trashcan forum is not for 'trash'. It is just a name.

I think it is better for new members to get acquainted with the board, and even ask some old members, before drawing the wrong conclusions. We are always happy to see new members and gelp them if they so desire.

I appreciate the hard work of Meoima and others who keep this thread updated on Yuzu.
"Trashcan" is a subfourm of FSU, it is just a name nothing personal against any skaters.
I have never heard any complaints before.

Thank you so much for this post. I have seen many misconceptions, mostly by brand new members. I agree the names of the two main skating forums are somewhat confusing, but after spending some time reading, it is not confusing anymore. I joined around 2001-2002, so i don't remember if i was confused. I am willing to help, but not many want help because they don't know what they don't know.

Big thanks to Meoima for bringing us all the updates on Yuzuru. The more i know about him, the more I admire him.

Spun Silver

Yuzuru has finally WD from Milan WC: https://twitter.com/crazykuroneko/status/971298276979957761
His injury needs 2 weeks of rest and 3 months of rehabilitation.

His injury is diagnosed as "right ankle joint lateral ligament injury, peroneal muscle tendon injury".
Well, it is good that he is taking care of himself! Especially considering what his next goal is! There was absolutely no need for him to do anything more this season. I wish him a good and complete rest and rehab.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Yuzuru has finally WD from Milan WC: https://twitter.com/crazykuroneko/status/971298276979957761
His injury needs 2 weeks of rest and 3 months of rehabilitation.

His injury is diagnosed as "right ankle joint lateral ligament injury, peroneal muscle tendon injury".

I will miss him while watching Worlds but his long term health is more important. Best wishes to Yuzu for a complete recovery, and I hope to see him compete for many more years. I also hope that he lands the 4axel in a future competition.

dearskate

Has anyone found a good video of Yuzu's Olympic free programme? I found one that seems to be speeded up but I can't find a really good one. After Sochi there were lots of official videos. What has happened this time?

Meoima

Has anyone found a good video of Yuzu's Olympic free programme? I found one that seems to be speeded up but I can't find a really good one. After Sochi there were lots of official videos. What has happened this time?
Here are videos of all his performances at the Olympics 2018 including Short Program, Free Progra, no commentary versions. You can either download each video or watch them online: https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1ydQxk0AW2wCRKLNhnw9psLqB0KCIcNRa

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information