Yuri!!! On Ice

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
So out of sheer boredom I have decided to give it a try and pretty much binge-watched the entire first season.

Well...some parts of it really have made me cringe...but now I really want to try katsudon and actually the animation is pretty good.

KatieDraper

Hi everyone!

My name is Katie and I am a Masters student at Oxford University, UK. I study online communities and am researching Yuri on Ice fan groups for my thesis. There are mixed opinions of it in the skating world and I am particularly hoping to hear real figure skaters' and skating fans' perspectives.

I found this great thread and was wondering if some of you would be interested in having a short interview with me (30 minutes, via Skype, Google Hangouts or messenger) about your experiences and thoughts. The interviews are informal and all details are anonymised.

If you would like more information, just message me - I am very happy to answer any Qs, provide info sheets, links to my profiles elsewhere and/or the contact details of my supervisor.

If you like the sound of the project but would rather not have an interview, I also have a short questionnaire, which takes 5-10 minutes to answer and is available here: https://oii.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2i3UfD2lhU3fj3n and can be shared with any skaters who you think would be interested.

Best wishes!

Katie Draper

PS: This post has been admin approved

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Thanks! It takes you off guard how absolutely wonderful it is. :swoon: it's like being transported to a Disney Land that only you (and a select few) know about. :watch: I cant wait to see what's next, this could honestly be a big hit long-term IMO. It's so cute and funny. :D Pork cutlet bowls! :rofl:

Justathoughtabl

Oh no. The YoI fandom can already be bad enough, can we not corrupt them further by exposing them to Weir and making them think Weir is some kind of representative of real figure skating?

Actually, the creator of YOI loves Johnny. Johnny posted this on Twitter. Johnny's skating is as real and inspirational as anyone else's.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFq381LWAAUpL-X.jpg

Admin Edit: Please do not embed images from other sources here.

Last edited by a moderator:

nimi

Yuri On Ice Is Coming Back With Season 2 and Movie Release Dates

The Yuri On Ice Movie was announced at a Yuri on Ice fan event in April 2017. The film will definitely be new material, rather than being a compilation from the existing season. The movie will be released sometime in August 2018. No specific release day has been confirmed as of yet.
The creative team have been hard at work on the production of the feature film but it doesn’t mean that season 2 isn’t on the way. The team at Yuri On Ice have stated that they expect Season 2 will most likely be coming before the end of 2018.

S

SmallFairy

I'm so late to the party, but I was finally able to binge watch the whole thing during the past three days. Thank you summer! OMG I LOVED it, I loved everything about it, and I loved re-reading this thread. I'm so with you on everything. @Kateri where was the PBP threads when we needed them? And oh the nudity, and the craziness, and the references and everything. I laughed so hard. And what cute love. Awww, bless.
BUT OTAPEK WAS SO ROBBED!!! (And it was sad watching him also, thinking of Denis...:( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information