1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yuri!!! On Ice

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Kateri, Oct 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Kateri likes this.
  2. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

So out of sheer boredom I have decided to give it a try and pretty much binge-watched the entire first season.

Well...some parts of it really have made me cringe...but now I really want to try katsudon and actually the animation is pretty good.

3. TheGirlCanSkate

TheGirlCanSkate Well-Known Member

Yuri on Ice tee shirts are now at Hot Topic (american teen store).

4. Kateri

Kateri void beast

just tuned in likes this.
  5. Sylvia

Sylvia Recovering from U.S. Sectionals

Karpenko, lala and TAHbKA like this.
  6. KatieDraper

KatieDraper New Member

Hi everyone!

My name is Katie and I am a Masters student at Oxford University, UK. I study online communities and am researching Yuri on Ice fan groups for my thesis. There are mixed opinions of it in the skating world and I am particularly hoping to hear real figure skaters' and skating fans' perspectives.

I found this great thread and was wondering if some of you would be interested in having a short interview with me (30 minutes, via Skype, Google Hangouts or messenger) about your experiences and thoughts. The interviews are informal and all details are anonymised.

If you would like more information, just message me - I am very happy to answer any Qs, provide info sheets, links to my profiles elsewhere and/or the contact details of my supervisor.

If you like the sound of the project but would rather not have an interview, I also have a short questionnaire, which takes 5-10 minutes to answer and is available here: https://oii.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2i3UfD2lhU3fj3n and can be shared with any skaters who you think would be interested.

Best wishes!

Katie Draper

PS: This post has been admin approved

EmpressAriana, Kasey and Kateri like this.
  7. Quintuple

Quintuple papillon d'amour

8. misskarne

misskarne #AustraliaForTheTeamEvent

9. Karpenko

Karpenko Not Impressed.

Is there going to be a season 2? :watch: I loved it.

10. Lara

Lara It's JJ style!

I'm sure it'll come but no word afaik since the movie (fingers crossed for an official/legal release outside Japan!) was announced.

Karpenko likes this.
  11. Karpenko

Karpenko Not Impressed.

Thanks! It takes you off guard how absolutely wonderful it is. :swoon: it's like being transported to a Disney Land that only you (and a select few) know about. :watch: I cant wait to see what's next, this could honestly be a big hit long-term IMO. It's so cute and funny. :D Pork cutlet bowls! :rofl:

12. Justathoughtabl

Justathoughtabl Well-Known Member

Actually, the creator of YOI loves Johnny. Johnny posted this on Twitter. Johnny's skating is as real and inspirational as anyone else's.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFq381LWAAUpL-X.jpg

Admin Edit: Please do not embed images from other sources here.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2017
  13. nimi

nimi Well-Known Member

Awwww. That's cute!

14. Sylvia

Kateri and alilou like this.
  15. Sylvia

Catching Up On 'Yuri!!! On Ice' With Figure Skater Johnny Weir (interview) by Lauren Orsini: https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauren...n-yuri-on-ice-with-figure-skater-johnny-weir/
    I got the opportunity to sit down with Weir at Crunchyroll Expo and talk to him about Yuri!!! On Ice and anime fandom at large. Weir, wearing a black gown of his own design, spoke in the same expressive, entertaining style fans might recognize from his TV commentary.