You Go...GOGO - Stephen Gogolev Fan Thread

coppertop1

and training club, training city and training country.

Kaitlyn Weaver is from the USA, skated for Canada but trained in the USA. It's not uncommon to train in the USA. There's no reason why Stephen would change countries. Single skaters don't change countries very often and Stephen wil have no trouble getting international assignments on the JGP and I'm sure Skate Canada is waiting for him to be old enough to join the senior ranks. They have always been good at promoting their up-and-comers and getting them out to international assignments. You are reading way too much into this.

barbarafan

Kaitlyn Weaver is from the USA, skated for Canada but trained in the USA. It's not uncommon to train in the USA. There's no reason why Stephen would change countries. Single skaters don't change countries very often and Stephen wil have no trouble getting international assignments on the JGP and I'm sure Skate Canada is waiting for him to be old enough to join the senior ranks. They have always been good at promoting their up-and-comers and getting them out to international assignments. You are reading way too much into this.
Maybe and maybe not. Here's hoping. I am more worried about him being injured as he is still growing so the bones are still vulnerable.

Sylvia

TBD
Stephen debuted his Junior SP (score not available at this time) at the Glacier Falls Summer Classic club competition in Irvine, California yesterday afternoon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-mzuKwOb64

Captioned in the video:
"Grand Waltz" by Valery Gavrilin from the ballet 'Anyuta' & "Yablochko" (Russian sailor dance) by Reinhold Glière.
Choreographed by Nadezhda Kanaeva
ETA: He scored 73.67 [36.35 TES / 37.32 PCS].

ETA #2: Gogolev's FS music (as skated at Glacier Falls today) is to Peter Gabriel's "The Rhythm of the Heat" and "Red Rain."

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information