Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think I just hate Elvis programs.
Maybe it's like LaLa Land programs. It seems like it's not skatable music but every once in a while someone does a good program to it. I am not a big Elvis fan but he does have some good songs that, in theory, should work.

Also, how was that the worst FD of the event so far???

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Yikes. That was a rough score. We'll have to see how the multiple entries play out to determine whether or not 19th place will be enough to earn ESP a Direct Entry past the QRs next year.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Maybe it's like LaLa Land programs. It seems like it's not skatable music but every once in a while someone does a good program to it. I am not a big Elvis fan but he does have some good songs that, in theory, should work.

Lack of content, very few transitional movements or intricacy going into and out of the elements. Skating skills aren't super amazing, two elements with big mistakes. It's been a well-skated event otherwise.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

L1 on the dance spin and the accompanying negative GOE was what did it.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I can't seem to get used to the added tango beat. But they're skating it so beautifully.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The fandom is strong with this team, and while the program is nice and light, I get nothing out of it. I found this team much more exciting as juniors, too.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
So are they passionately in love and celebrating being together forever, or are they going to be parted and are in despair? I can't tell.

skatingguy

decently
Hannah LIM / Ye QUAN 🇰🇷
Coach: M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Umbrellas of Cherbourg by Michel Legrand

Straight Line Lift 4
One Foot Turns W:2 M:2
Synchronized Twizzles
W:3 M:3 (W:4 M:3 after review)
Diagonal Step Sequence W:3 M:2
Curve Lift 4
Dance Spin 4
Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Hydroblade Movement
Choreo Character Step Sequence

Choreo Dance Lift

Such wonderful, and strong performers. They use the music and project so well for a team that is still so relatively young.

114.62 = 2nd Place
186.51 = 4th Place

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information