Word Games

Jenny

From the Bloc
Wordle was tough today. So was Quordle.
Indeed - I was on the verge of losing for the first time, but then it hit me.
Once again it was about remembering that letters can be doubled, in this case twice, making it that much tougher because you were really only looking for 3 letters out of 26, and not exactly the most common ones either!

Wordle 251 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

For Quordle, with the luxury of 9 guesses, I've been doing two words out of the gate that usually cover all the vowels plus y, and a couple of the Wheel of Fortune tried and trues and that's working for me.

Daily Quordle #32
6️⃣9️⃣
7️⃣4️⃣

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩⬜🟩🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

nlloyd

Tough for me, also. I thought it might be my first defeat and resorted to a completely new word on my fifth attempt, just to rule out some possibilities.

Wordle 251 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Allskate

It turns out that you can create your own Wordle and challenge someone with it. My niece and nephew, who are in primary school, just spent the last hour and a half trying to stump me, including a nine letter word. :D Then I did a couple for them.

Susan1

I only read these Buzzfeed things if you don't have to open everything separately, but I saw that picture so I had to open #1. I remember that day. I remember there were 7 choices with that one space left. But I did get it.

Here's a good tip from the comments for those of us who had 4 letters early.
"The trick is to waste a turn which takes up the letters it might be.. maker for example."
I don't think that fast.

Last edited:

Susan1

Finally! My first TWO.
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Wordle 254 2/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

"magnificent"
Since I've now hit 40 games (that I have been keeping track of in Excel) -
40 games / 6 losses / 34 wins
Is still only 90%

Got one in 2 words; seven in 3; fourteen in 4; seven in 5 and five in 6

Jenny

From the Bloc
Wordle 253 2/6

🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pure luck.
Maybe give yourself more credit. Playing every day can build up a bit of experience that can contribute to being more intuitive about it.
There's luck involved, no question, but it's also very much a skill game IMO.
Here's a good tip from the comments for those of us who had 4 letters early.
"The trick is to waste a turn which takes up the letters it might be.. maker for example."
I don't think that fast.
I do that with Quordle, said before my opening guess is actually two opening guesses to cover a lot of ground, and when I'm stumped or getting nowhere I do go completely off the clues just to see what happens and that usually saves it for me.

Then again, I'm not as invested, not keeping a tally on that one, consider it more like a warm up for Wordle at this point :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information