⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Wordle 242 3/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’m glad we can only play these once a day….

Susan1

too many dang choices for the 4th letter again. Good luck.
Wordle 243 6/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

They were saying on the Today show (I only saw the end) that Wordle has gotten harder since the NYT took it over. I don't think so. I got it in 4 yesterday and 3 the day before. Today could have been in 3, if I made a different decision. When did they switch? And then I saw this.

Susan1

I just realized, maybe that's what people meant about it being too hard. If whoever made up today's puzzles picked a word that could be so many different words with just one letter change. Mean. But people mentioned it before today's puzzle, anyway.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I just realized, maybe that's what people meant about it being too hard. If whoever made up today's puzzles picked a word that could be so many different words with just one letter change. Mean. But people mentioned it before today's puzzle, anyway.
What fun would it be to get 3 of the 5 letters or whatever and automatically know the word? Not that fun for me.

The articles coming out complaining about it are :rolleyes:

gkelly

Even tougher:

But interesting enough to keep replaying.

Susan1

Even tougher:

But interesting enough to keep replaying.
Ho-oly crap. Way beginner's luck. I got the first word in 2 words. (Hint - it's a timely word this week.) There's no way to keep the score for just that one though. I did a snip. I can't copy it here. If everybody gets the same puzzle, tomorrow I will put it in my profile picture. The rest is too confusing.

Last edited:

Allskate

Whenever it takes me longer to come up with my next word guess it's almost always for the same reason - I've forgotten that the same letter can be used twice.

Susan1

Whenever it takes me longer to come up with my next word guess it's almost always for the same reason - I've forgotten that the same letter can be used twice.
Yeah, the day "cynic" was the word, I had "panic" on the third word, so I had the _ _ N I C and just couldn't think of anything to go with it.

Yesterday's Octordle. I had "super", then "abuse", which was the right word. Two words! Why can't I do that in Wordle. The rest was too confusing.

Susan1

Evil puzzle makers. Again. Too many choices. That does make it harder. You just have to be lucky.
Wordle 245 6/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Allskate

Evil puzzle makers. Again. Too many choices. That does make it harder. You just have to be lucky.
It was similar for me today. I got four of the letters and their placements pretty quickly but I had to try several different letters for that second spot.

Susan1

It was similar for me today. I got four of the letters and their placements pretty quickly but I had to try several different letters for that second spot.
That's happened three times lately. I can't even remember what the word was the other day, but when I got down to one letter left, there were SEVEN words it could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information