Which 2 Russian ladies go to the Olympics with Janny?

Who will be Kelly and Michelle to Janny's Beyonce in Pyeongchang?

• Sotskova

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Pogorilaya

Votes: 61 64.9%
  • Zagitova

Votes: 61 64.9%
  • Konstantinova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tsurskaya

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Radionova

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Leonova

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Sotnikova

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Tuktamysheva

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Areski

Leonova & Sakhanovich - it's obvious . :glamor:

Though most likely Zagitova & Pogorilaya. Radionova also stands a chance ... WTT was promising and she's a fighter.

RoseRed

I think it'll be Zagitova and then probably Anna, but if either Maria or Elena is more consistent they could go. Oh and if Polina is actually healthy she has a good shot.

Of all the new challenges that Tchernyshev has been given to choreograph for, I think Maria could be the most primed for a transformation in the performance department. She is far more than that sugary sweet pink thing she had last season.

Check out her instagram though. She puts a hashtag saying "for me world is pink" on every single picture. So I think she probably likes that.

Marco

Medvedeva, Pogorilaya and Zagitova make the most sense, but if Sotnikova comes back strong, I would love her to make it instead of Zagitova.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Pogo and Zagitova tie. :cheer:

I think they're the clear favorites, but I just have a feeling one of them isn't going to make the team.

I'd love to see Tuktamysheva rediscover her 2015 form and really fight for the team. Or even better, Sotnikova, but my delusion only goes so far! :slinkaway

d BTW- I know Sotskova really gets no love here but I think she would be the 'spoiler' if there were any. I have a feeling she's going to come into next season ready to fight.

Yes, I can see this happening. She has a good foundation. If she can continue to improve the speed, clean up the under rotations a bit, and gets more engaging programs, she could very easily make the team. It sounds like a lot, but she had some great junior programs, the personality is there. And her skating skills improved quite a bit after working with Buyanova for a few months.

Bellanca

Expect the unexpected, would be my answer.

Russia's has so many talented ladies who could (realistically) make their team, and to think Liza, a World Champion in this quad, may not be @ the Olympics, seems surreal, sad, but not entirely surprising, given the depth of their program. It is just a bummer to entertain this, but who knows!

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I remember at this time last season, people were predicting Polina Tsurskaya as the next Olympic champion.. making the team was a shoo-in. wow @ how time changes things. The only person in ladies skating (this entire quad) to consistently be at the top has been Medvedeva.

I agree with other people re: Zagitova, she has to keep it up to make the team. If she does it's a yes though.

I'm not nearly as sold on her as Medvedeva though and find her extremely overhyped right now (more than Med has ever been). Skating in seniors changes everything, she'll be viewed with much harsher eyes next year (plus it's an Olympic season, so double that). Her quality of movement still has a long way to go IMO, she's not the prima ballerina that Eteri wants us to believe she is (yet).

I mean yes she's very good, huge potential there, but so are 15 of the others. They can fade away just as quickly as they rise (except for Janny). I'm not ready to crown her with a team member jacket just yet.

Last edited:

Jammers

I remember at this time last season, people were predicting Polina Tsurskaya as the next Olympic champion.. making the team was a shoo-in. wow @ how time changes things. The only person in ladies skating (this entire quad) to consistently be at the top has been Medvedeva.

I agree with other people re: Zagitova, she has to keep it up to make the team. If she does it's a yes though.

I'm not nearly as sold on her as Medvedeva though and find her extremely overhyped right now (more than Med has ever been). Skating in seniors changes everything, she'll be viewed with much harsher eyes next year (plus it's an Olympic season, so double that). Her quality of movement still has a long way to go IMO, she's not the prima ballerina that Eteri wants us to believe she is (yet).

I mean yes she's very good, huge potential there, but so are 15 of the others. They can fade away just as quickly as they rise (except for Janny). I'm not ready to crown her with a team member jacket just yet.
Exactly right. People are acting like Zagitova has been putting out consistent performances for years when she has had exactly one year in Juniors where she was mostly consistent. She's due for a big growth spurt seeing that she was all legs last season and just being a little off with her jumps makes her as vulnerable as any other Russian lady.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I'm not necessarily hoping for that to happen, but it's happened to all of them at one point or another (besides Janny), so why would the trend just stop?

Pogo and Tuk FTW! :cheer2: (If Radio's arms are better, her too!) team "old ladies"! :kickass:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information