Where/How to Watch ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series 2021/22

Sylvia

TBD
ISU's press release (October 19, 2021): https://isu.org/isu-news/news/125-g...igure-skating-series-2021-22?templateParam=15
Viewers will be able to watch the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating series either via their national broadcaster / channel or via the Skating ISU YouTube Channel for countries where there is no broadcaster agreement in place.
Although the live stream will be available in a number of countries, below is a list of territories where geo-restrictions could apply. Best efforts will be used to communicate any changes and updates to the list of geo-restricted territories. For precise coverage details please check local broadcasters’ listings.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
When will the long programs from Skate Canada be shown on US TV?
I watched the ladies and mens short skates on NBC yesterday. I used the link to the schedules that Sylvia provided to find that out. I just checked for today, and I found that NASCAR is being shown on NBC today - https://www.nbcsports.com/live

I know if you have peacock premium that you can watch it there, too.

Lacey

EXCELLENT STUFF, IF YOU CAN GET IT, I'm in the US, Olympic Channel is nationwide I think

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Wow, Charlie's getting good at this. (Tanith, of course, has always been good at this!) I feel like I learned a ton just listening to their analysis.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Prepare yourselves, US viewers of traditional TV: absolutely zero NBC “recap” this weekend of GP Italia...instead, it’s coming on Sat, Nov 13, with the NHK “recap” show coming one day after (Sunday 14th).

Peacock streaming should be in real time.

Oly Channel cable (in some places) should follow the usual patterns.

Lacey

If anyone wants to hear Tanith and Charlie White's coverage of Skate Canada, at least Dance, this is what I know about the Olympic Channel's coverage this week:

It's under "ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating"

Monday was the RD and FD BOTH, 8:00-9:00pm and 9:00-10:30pm

It's also set up for the following this week:

Tuesday: 8:00-9:00pm, Ladies Short
Tuesday: 9:00-10:30pm, Ladies Free
Wednesday: 8:00-9:00pm, Pairs Short
Wednesday: 9:00-1030pm, Pairs Free
Thursday: 8:00-9:00pm, Men Short
Thursday: 9:00-10:30pm, Men Free

I believe the Olympic Channel repeats, so if you missed last night you might put in a One Pass and get it again upon repeat: Charlie's deep coverage of Dance was fantastic, and Tanith's lead was good as usual. On my random tv cable coverage, Olympic Channel was 1222, yours of course might be different.

Otherwise, your One Pass will do for the rest of week: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday above.

I don't know who will be commentating Ladies, Pairs and Men's later this week, but Tanith's and Charlie's coverage of Dance was FABULOUS. Maybe they will do the whole competition?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
If anyone wants to hear Tanith and Charlie White's coverage of Skate Canada, at least Dance, this is what I know about the Olympic Channel's coverage this week:

I believe the Olympic Channel repeats, so if you missed last night you might put in a One Pass and get it again upon repeat: Charlie's deep coverage of Dance was fantastic, and Tanith's lead was good as usual. On my random tv cable coverage, Olympic Channel was 1222, yours of course might be different.

Otherwise, your One Pass will do for the rest of week: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday above.

I don't know who will be commentating Ladies, Pairs and Men's later this week, but Tanith's and Charlie's coverage of Dance was FABULOUS. Maybe they will do the whole competition?
We are not so lucky. Johnny and Tara will be on the men, ladies and pairs with Tanith serving in the Terry role.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Tanith and Charlie doing SC FD right now on Olympic Channel

Tanith is the lead, Charlie is making real and somewhat bold to me commentary
I guess the crud forced NBC to allow exceptions to the nepotism rules. And this is a GREAT exception.

eta, and Charlie’s comments on LaLa and FearGib were spot on. He gave us permission to absolutely love them despite their issues. I half expected a “bless their hearts” after Lilah’s and Lewis’ skate.

A.H.Black

I don't know who will be commentating Ladies, Pairs and Men's later this week, but Tanith's and Charlie's coverage of Dance was FABULOUS. Maybe they will do the whole competition

One caution. If you have a timer set on your DVR from last year (or years before) sometimes your DVR skips recording as "not a new episode". Very frustrating. Make sure you check.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I've lost all my past events on Peacock. So the entire GP up until now is not showing up. Since I didn't get to watch the Mens FS or the last group of the Free Dance due to falling asleep, this is bumming me out.

Is this happening to anyone else? If it's just me, I might try rebooting my cable box or something like that.

ETA oh I finally found them! They are under something called "Hub". WTF?

maureenfarone

I've lost all my past events on Peacock. So the entire GP up until now is not showing up. Since I didn't get to watch the Mens FS or the last group of the Free Dance due to falling asleep, this is bumming me out.

Is this happening to anyone else? If it's just me, I might try rebooting my cable box or something like that.

ETA oh I finally found them! They are under something called "Hub". WTF?
Hub replaced "View All" maybe a couple of months ago. I have no idea why Peacock did this because View All made a lot more sense. I was looking for something one day and View All was gone and I wondered why there was a tab with a picture of Nathan Chen and what Hub (in tiny letters) was supposed to be.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
As a heads up for the Australians who may have missed it over the weekend:

SBS will NOT be live streaming Rostelecom. They will only have full event replays for ladies and dance (wtf) and event highlights for the rest - a decision that was clearly made prior to Brendan being named to Rostelecom.

However, Australia has been unblocked from the ISU Youtube stream, so we can still livestream Rostelecom.

SBS WILL be showing the GPF live.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Hub replaced "View All" maybe a couple of months ago. I have no idea why Peacock did this because View All made a lot more sense. I was looking for something one day and View All was gone and I wondered why there was a tab with a picture of Nathan Chen and what Hub (in tiny letters) was supposed to be.
There was nothing about "Hub" that made me think I should click on it. I only did it out of desperation. 🤷‍♀️

Aceon6

Peacock people. Go to Sports. Click down to the Figure Skating row, then click across until you see the picture of Nathan in the white shirt with black pants. Clicking on the picture of Nathan with the three dots brings up EVERYTHING! That’s how I navigated to the IdF men’s free replay.

Aceon6

One more thing. I think NBC has mislabeled the IdF replays on OChannel as they did with the NHK last week. Record everything, and if you’re lucky, the dance will turn up at some point.

Aceon6

Update: NBC sent updated info to providers. If you want the Tanith/Charlie replays, they are scheduled for Tuesday at 8 and 9 EST on OlyChannel. Of course, the tags could still be wrong as they were for NHK, but fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information