WHAT WERE YOUR FAVORITE KID T.V. SHOWS AS A KID?

aftershocks

Banned Member
Huckleberry Hound, Casper,

Oh yeah. You're bringing back memories! I loved Casper, the friendly Ghost on Saturday mornings. I had a friend with a white cat named Casper. :D That was one of my favorite cartoons, along with Road Runner, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Woody Woodpecker, and Huckleberry Hound. I also loved watching The Little Rascals and The Three Stooges tv re-runs. And I was a huge fan of Shirley Temple movies.

Also, Mr. Ed (the talking horse) was a huge favorite of mine.

Bellanca

Favorite was Mr. Rogers. But my sister and I also loved to watch Julia Child, and try to talk like her!
Yup. 😂

Also, Graham Kerr aka The Galloping Gourmet, he was a must see and a hoot!

Anybody else grab dining room chairs and exercise along with Jack LaLanne?

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Thundercats, cause I was not the brightest child, Jem and the Holograms (my absolute favorite, and no, the movie does not exist. DOES NOT EXIST), this anime (I think), anyway it had a girl whose name might have been Holly (?) and she was really a princess or something and she had a rose on the bottom of her foot that proved it (no one ever knows the show I'm talking about...but I bet someone on FSU does), a weird wild-west Texas Space cartoon because it was in-between two cartoons I did like, Gummy Bears, Maya the Bee, David the Gnome (saddest. ending. ever. but also really sweet), the slime show on Nickelodeon, Carmen Sandiego, My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite, Double Dare, Kids Incorporated, Kidd Video, Galaxy High, Punky Brewster, She-Ra, Muppet Babies.

My dad really liked cartoons too but we had different opinions on what were proper cartoons/kids shows. I liked pretty things and/or music. My dad liked all those terrible cartoons on USA Network--one was neanderthals with lasers. I hated that show.

Bellanca

At the risk of revealing my age .... Perry Mason and the Ed Sullivan Show! (misread the question as asking about favorite shows as a kid, not limited to kid shows)
Perry Mason - own the complete box set! 😍 👍 Enjoy now as a “big kid” ;)

Susan1

Yup. 😂

Also, Graham Kerr aka The Galloping Gourmet, he was a must see and a hoot!

Anybody else grab dining room chairs and exercise along with Jack LaLanne?
Funny, I mentioned the Galloping Gourmet too.

Mozart

I've got 99 problems but a colon ain't 1
Not so much my favourite but I did watch Today's Special (I think that is what it was called. It had mannequins that came to life)

Bellanca

The list could go on... Yikes, did we really watch that much television?! :lol:

Some additional (now classic) must see TV viewing included: Columbo, The Bob Newhart Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, I Dream of Genie, Bewitched, Gilligan’s Island, Get Smart and Star Trek (the original) because my brothers were all over that baby everyday after school. So, naturally I went along and yes, guilty as charged, I am a longtime, faithful Trekkie! 👽

Susan1

Thundercats, cause I was not the brightest child, Jem and the Holograms (my absolute favorite, and no, the movie does not exist. DOES NOT EXIST), this anime (I think), anyway it had a girl whose name might have been Holly (?) and she was really a princess or something and she had a rose on the bottom of her foot that proved it (no one ever knows the show I'm talking about...but I bet someone on FSU does), a weird wild-west Texas Space cartoon because it was in-between two cartoons I did like, Gummy Bears, Maya the Bee, David the Gnome (saddest. ending. ever. but also really sweet), the slime show on Nickelodeon, Carmen Sandiego, My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite, Double Dare, Kids Incorporated, Kidd Video, Galaxy High, Punky Brewster, She-Ra, Muppet Babies.

My dad really liked cartoons too but we had different opinions on what were proper cartoons/kids shows. I liked pretty things and/or music. My dad liked all those terrible cartoons on USA Network--one was neanderthals with lasers. I hated that show.
Talking about the movie Yesterday, I forgot - The Beatles cartoon!

liv

Romper Room
BarbaPapa
Mr. Dress Up
The Friendly Giant
The Little Rascals
Hammy Hamster
Wonderful World of Disney
Gilligan's Island
Wide World of Sports on Saturday afternoons was a big thing but it was for everyone...(I loved their opening montage, especially with the guy crashing off the ski jump)
Hogan's Heroes
Little House on the Prairie

cartoons:
Looney Toons
Scooby Doo
G-Force: Battle of the Planets
The New Shmoo
Astro Boy
Inspector Gadget
Smurfs

I also watched soap operas because my mom did. I remember General Hospital from when I was not even going to kindergarten yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information