What song are you listening to?

Susan1

Brandy - Looking Glass (only mentioning this because every time I hear the song, I picture the bar in Dark Shadows - in black and white, which is totally ridiculous)

Susan1

Colour My World - Chicago (American top 40, the 70's). I used to be able to play that on the piano. They are doing the top songs of the whole year 1971. Excellent year.

Yo-Yo - Osmonds. I still have that 45.

That's the Way I Always Heard It Should Be - Carly Simon. (have that 45 too.) It was #47 for the year. This program is only on for another 25 minutes. I wish they would play the top 40 for this year next week. But they only play what they are given for that day in music.

Last edited:

vgerdes

Brandy - Looking Glass (only mentioning this because every time I hear the song, I picture the bar in Dark Shadows - in black and white, which is totally ridiculous)
When I hear that song, I think of Guardians of the Galaxy. It actually played a role in the plot of GOTG Vol. 2.

Cachoo

Had another earthquake this morning and one radio station played Carole King (I Feel The Earth Move.) I laughed although I'm worried about what this does to the home foundation over time.

Susan1

Had another earthquake this morning and one radio station played Carole King (I Feel The Earth Move.) I laughed although I'm worried about what this does to the home foundation over time.
Our tornado siren was stuck on for over an hour this afternoon. Not the really loud close one. I could only hear it outside. I don't really know where it was. People were asking on my city's FB page. Where is that????? Maybe they'll say on the news. It wasn't from the weather. Just from 2020

Good one to say good-bye to 2020 to - Can't Find My Way Home - Traffic

Susan1

They are doing the top half on 1971 this week!! I will resist the urge to post every one.

Never Can Say Good-bye - Jackson 5

Cachoo

I want to feel loud and proud after yesterday's Georgia results and what is happening to Cheeto today. Bring on Twisted Sister:
Never liked this band but that song is a good cast off the bad from your life tune...

Susan1

I probably posted this before - A Song For You by Leon Russell. I love the Carpenters version, but this is my favorite. He wrote the song.

Susan1

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon
(We used to make up "50 ways to kill your lover". There are a couple written in my yearbook!)

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
newest discovery: Scratchcard Lanyard by the band Dry Cleaning

Susan1

I've Seen That Movie Too - Elton John

They do a lot of non-hits from Good-bye Yellow Brick Road on this station ? channel ? - I've heard Harmony and Grey Seal. Also random things from Caribou. I guess you can tell I have those albums.

Susan1

Not at the moment, but this morning's American Top 40 the 70s was 1975. Angie Baby by Helen Reddy - still gave me chills.

briancoogaert

The fantastic italian song by Gino Paoli :

Susan1

Right now - Atlantis by Donovan

And I had to stop typing my update earlier to listen to Bluebird By Paul McCartney and Wings

Susan1

Since I turned on my computer this morning -
Friends - Elton John
Lucky Man - ELP
Every Picture Tells a Story - Rod Stewart

Good morning to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information