What song are you listening to?

PeterG

I thought about Burton Cummings the other day for some reason. Tried to look up his discography at wikipedia, but the place where I am house-sitting has his page blocked with a parental warning. :huh: They did just set up this new Mac 12 hours before they left, so obviously I'm the one to work out the bugs! :lol: I was able to check out The Guess Who's discography, so here's one I ended up listening to:

Dancin' Fool

After reading about The Guess Who, I recognized one of the band members names and thought, "hey is that that guy..."? And it was!

Troiano - We All Need Love

Man, I remember loving that song back in the day! :D :respec:

And then last night while listening to my mp3 player while about to go to sleep, this one came on, a definite classic oldie that deserves a listen:

The Supremes - Livin' In Shame

PeterG

Ronney Abramson - Your Love Gets Me Around

This is a song from 1977 that probably only got airplay in Canada. I'm curious as to whether anyone remembers it? I had completely forgot about it until I found a website that lists various singles released in Canada by year. This song is pop, but has a light jazz feel to it. Perhaps a bit of a Phoebe Snow/Maria Muldaur/Terri Gibbs vibe??

quartz

scratching at the light
Just bought Alan Parson's "Gaudi". Listened to the first track on my way to work, La Sagrada Familia which is fabulous! Someone should skate to it!!

orbitz

Carly Rae Jepson's new music "E.MO.TION" is pretty good pop music. The following songs of hers are on constant repeat on my iphone: Your Type, Run Away With Me, All that, Gimme Love, and I Didn't Come Here To Dance.

PeterG

Apparently there is a Brit? group called "Texas" who had this really feel-good song in "Bend It Like Beckham" called "Inner Smile." It always brightens my mood: https://youtu.be/b0-m2XNxOLA

According to Wikipedia, they have sole over 35 million albums worldwide. I think their lead singer (Sharleen Spiteri) has an amazing voice. The song of theirs that I'm most familiar with is Say What You Want.

Megi

Not a song, but rather a whole DJ set by Tiesto from this year's Tomorrowland.

Amazing energy! The guy has been doing this for like 30 years now and he still throws down than better anyone else. :respec:

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Luminous by Max Richter from the Perfect Sense soundtrack.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Post Modern Jukebox toured Australia recently. They have kind of gone viral here with their clips. I wouldn't have minded seeing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information