War in Israel

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sorry if this has been posted earlier in this thread, but most of us know about the brutal murder of a six year old child of Palestinian parents by their landlord.
So sad! I can't imagine what the parents must be going through. The child's mother was seriously injured in the attack.

This article is about how sweet the poor little guy was.

I have posted a different article - with a political slant- in the PI forum.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Sorry if this has been posted earlier in this thread, but most of us know about the brutal murder of a six year old child of Palestinian parents by their landlord.
So sad! I can't imagine what the parents must be going through. The child's mother was seriously injured in the attack.

This article is about how sweet the poor little guy was.

I have posted a different article - with a political slant- in the PI forum.
If you need a painful story - go here - imagine what their parents are going through.

MsZem

I see the sea
I am already very sympathetic to the Israelis. What's your point? I should be sympathetic to only the Israelis and not the suffering of others?
No one deserves a tragedy (Hamas and other obvious exceptions notwithstanding). But you already posted this horrible story in the I/P thread, and it's been discussed in the hate crimes thread as well. I don't think it needs to be in multiple threads.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
No one deserves a tragedy (Hamas and other obvious exceptions notwithstanding). But you already posted this horrible story in the I/P thread, and it's been discussed in the hate crimes thread as well. I don't think it needs to be in multiple threads.
Fine. Don't read it.

Allskate

Israel is claiming the hospital bombing was a result of a failed rocket launch by Islamic Jihad.

Islamic Jihad reportedly has been firing rockets from Gaza and has a failure rate of 30%. But, it sounds like this was a very large explosion.

It is horrific no matter the cause. In addition to the horror for those at the hospital, this result is terrible for the prospects of being able to negotiate a better humanitarian situation in Gaza and may increase the level and breadth of the conflict, which is bad for everyone but the terrorists. Abbas reportedly is canceling the scheduled meeting with Biden.

:wuzrobbed

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
Israel is claiming the hospital bombing was a result of a failed rocket launch by Islamic Jihad.

Islamic Jihad reportedly has been firing rockets from Gaza and has a failure rate of 30%. But, it sounds like this was a very large explosion.

:wuzrobbed
One claim I've seen is that it struck some kind of weapons/ammo cache. The reported loss of life is truly staggering.

Allskate

One claim I've seen is that it struck some kind of weapons/ammo cache. The reported loss of life is truly staggering.
The rocket reportedly hit a courtyard at the hospital. If Hamas had a weapons/ammo cache there to try to protect the weapons/ammo, that would not be surprising.

There are a lot of accusations flying around. I'm not sure how we can know what it is true. I don't think it is in Israel's interest to target this hospital, but that doesn't mean the bombing wasn't the result of Israeli shelling even if the hospital was not the target. I don't doubt that Islamic Jihad has been launching rockets and has a lot of failed rockets, but that doesn't mean that was the cause. What I think is clear is that this is tragic in so many ways. Whatever the truth is about the cause of this tragic explosion, the explosion will be used as propaganda.

ETA: According to my tv, Al Jazeera reported a rocket misfire from Gaza around the time of the hospital explosion.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The supporters of ‘free Palestine’ and by larger extent, Hamas, are never going to believe anything besides what makes Israel look like the instigator anyways. So there’s no point, regardless of evidence. Because when it’s actual evidence, it will be turned into ‘evidence’.

Fine. Don't read it.
I’m shocked that this is coming from the keyboard of the same person who polices threads constantly, says where things belong, and rants about misspellings as if it’s the end of the world.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
No meetings with the leaders of Jordan and Egypt…not just the cancellation of the Palestinian Auth leader. Very sad.
All this because they all believed Hamas more than they believed Israel. They were never neutral.

It does complicate the hostage situation though.

Also, if they really wanted to do something about the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, they would not have canceled in such a knee jerk way.

Allskate

All this because they all believed Hamas more than they believed Israel. They were never neutral.

Who knows what these leaders really believe. They canceled before there was time to obtain intelligence. But, it's clear what the majority of people in their countries will believe regardless of what the truth really is. And there also will be a period of mourning. Biden still wants to meet with them at some point, but I'm not optimistic that the leaders will be willing to be seen with him since they will prioritize their political interests. I'm probably being unrealistic, but I hope that there still are some talks going on behind the scenes between these countries to try to contain things and to try to ensure a humanitarian corridor in Gaza.

becca

Also, if they really wanted to do something about the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, they would not have canceled in such a knee jerk way.
Why would Hamas attack one of the working hospitals they might need?

Plus it was one big explosion. Hamas has weapons they don’t have weapons that big.

IDF already said hospitals would be a target when they order evacuation:

Besides Jordan right now have their population is Palestinian. The King cannot met with the US right now

Even if he wants to wait and see he cannot. His people will revolt

Debbie S

Why would Hamas attack one of the working hospitals they might need?
Evidence seems to point more toward Islamic Jihad. But either way....they (hopefully) weren't trying to hit the hospital on purpose (although they did tell Gazans to ignore evacuation suggestions). They launched a missile toward Israel that went horribly awry.

Plus it was one big explosion. Hamas has weapons they don’t have weapons that big.
Go find one of the news reports (CBS and others) that showed the weapons the IDF seized and/or recovered from Hamas. Their weapons (many likely supplied by Iran) are plenty big.

becca

Evidence seems to point more toward Islamic Jihad. But either way....they (hopefully) weren't trying to hit the hospital on purpose (although they did tell Gazans to ignore evacuation suggestions). They launched a missile toward Israel that went horribly awry.

Go find one of the news reports (CBS and others) that showed the weapons the IDF seized and/or recovered from Hamas. Their weapons (many likely supplied by Iran) are plenty big.
If Hamas had weapon that strong we would have seen it their weapons are not that powerful

becca

You mean 'seen it' like how they were able to pull off such a hush-hush big scale attack? :rolleyes: You nor I know anything about what they have, except we do know now from a Hamas official that 200-250 people were in fact kidnapped from Israel.
No one is not saying Hamas isn’t evil but if they had a weapon that big they would use it on an Israeli hospital.

They don’t have a weapon that big. Their attack didn’t involve big weapons

Besides Israel called and threatened the director of the hospital a day before. So they openly admitted was a target they even posted and said this and then took it off and chose to blame Hamas. When the international outrage started coming

Hamas is horrible group. But so is attacking hospitals. And attacking hospitals doesn’t keep Israel safe at all.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
No one is not saying Hamas isn’t evil but if they had a weapon that big they would use it on an Israeli hospital.

They don’t have a weapon that big. Their attack didn’t involve big weapons

Besides Israel called and threatened the director of the hospital a day before. So they openly admitted was a target they even posted and said this and then took it off and chose to blame Hamas. When the international outrage started coming
I mean I feel like sometimes I get more stupid just by reading some of the logic on this board, but even if Israel said they were going to attack the hospital, doesn't mean that they actually did it in the end. It could very possibly be a defense by the other side to pin it on Israel. It wouldn't be the first time things aren't exactly as they seem. Maybe Israel did it after all, but you don't know yet and I don't either. Apparently there's strong evidence floating around showing it actually didn't come from Israel, aside from the video I referenced earlier.

Israel has the Iron Dome. It has a huge success rate at shooting down missiles, and sometimes it doesn't even bother with the ones that it knows won't hit anything. That's how advanced it is (when it's supplied). What exactly is your evidence for all of what you are suggesting, and what weapon was used in this particular attack? Or is it all your hypotheticals at this point? Hamas has connections in a lot of other places and we likely don't know the first thing about what they have and what they would be capable of.

becca

I mean I feel like sometimes I get more stupid just by reading some of the logic on this board, but even if Israel said they were going to attack the hospital, doesn't mean that they actually did it in the end. It could very possibly be a defense by the other side to pin it on Israel. It wouldn't be the first time things aren't exactly as they seem. Maybe Israel did it after all, but you don't know yet and I don't either. Apparently there's strong evidence floating around showing it actually didn't come from Israel, aside from the video I referenced earlier.

Israel has the Iron Dome. It has a huge success rate at shooting down missiles, and sometimes it doesn't even bother with the ones that it knows won't hit anything. That's how advanced it is (when it's supplied). What exactly is your evidence for all of what you are suggesting, and what weapon was used in this particular attack? Or is it all your hypotheticals at this point?
Some of the videos posted show time stamps that happened before this incident so the videos are getting debunked. Israel ordered hospital evacuation.

Look Israel has lobbied 6k Bombs that’s a huge number.

If too many Palestinians are killed in this war long term Israel is going to be less safe. Israel cannot afford a war with 1 billion Muslims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information