Vaytskhovskaya's interview with Arutyunian

hoptoad

Alexander Abt.

I believe he and his team has young skater (around age 10-11?) who has advanced to Sectionals in Juvenile Girls.

Thanks! I remember Abt well, but I don't think I ever knew who coached him.

Japanfan

Thanks! I remember Abt well, but I don't think I ever knew who coached him.

Does anyone know what became of Abt? IIRC he was living in California and coaching awhile back.

A video of him drunk on a plane was posted some time ago - it was really sad, as he was totally out of it, and hostile towards another passenger - don't recall whether there an actual physical altercation was involved.

I hope he is doing okay.

lala

Happy birthday Sasha! Abt was 40 y.o. yesterday! He lives with his family in US if I'm not mistaken..

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Happy birthday Sasha! Abt was 40 y.o. yesterday! He lives with his family in US if I'm not mistaken..

41;) Happy birthday! I also heard he was coaching, but I don't know any details.

lala

41;) Happy birthday! I also heard he was coaching, but I don't know any details.

oh yes!! :) He was born in 1976! I was very careless the Japanese fans greeted him yesterday on Twitter thus I must to know..

Last edited:

zebraswan

Does anyone know what became of Abt? IIRC he was living in California and coaching awhile back.

A video of him drunk on a plane was posted some time ago - it was really sad, as he was totally out of it, and hostile towards another passenger - don't recall whether there an actual physical altercation was involved.

I hope he is doing okay.

That was years ago (2008). He lives in Tartu, Estonia now with his partner and child, and still coaches. He has his own training camps and helped out at Mishin's camp in Estonia as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BakSEq8hrtm/?taken-by=alexabtcamp

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I loved that flying spin he did. Was it when he was with Zhulin? He did two or three flying entrances one after the other.

When I think of him I also think fo what Raf said when he moved on to another coach. When asked why Abt had left him, Raf said, "He left because of stupid."

SkateFanBerlin

Raf seems to long for a factory to get better material. But the factory often produces successful products not interesting skaters. I like the American system where you get personalities and one-of-a kind items. Cohen, Brown, Galindo, etc. One thing we could take from Russia is how to develop competitors. So many beautiful American skaters who don't produce at clinch time.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
When I was growing up, there was a small Armenian community in the town on the NJ side just after the Lincoln Tunnel. A couple of my friends grew up there, and didn't speak English until they went to kindergarten.

What he says was what my friends were up against when they were college-bound.

Tinami Amori

Raf seems to long for a factory to get better material. But the factory often produces successful products not interesting skaters. I like the American system where you get personalities and one-of-a kind items. Cohen, Brown, Galindo, etc. One thing we could take from Russia is how to develop competitors. So many beautiful American skaters who don't produce at clinch time.

........ kind of like a mother saying about her daughter "she is not the pretties or smartest, but she has a nice personality"..... :lol:

hanca

Values her privacy
That would be good as a rep level - “longing for a factory to get better material.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information