Vanessa James | Morgan Cipres

olympic

In an episode of TSL, Dave stated that Vanessa texted him and that they were aiming for Euros. I assume that meant a debut at Euros this season. Is that enough time to work out the kinks by Worlds

aftershocks

Banned Member
Dave stated that Vanessa texted him...

Dave stated that he texted Vanessa to ask about J/C's competitive plans, and she responded...

Well, they're certainly back in training in time to prep for Nationals if they want to skate there. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on in this photo though!

:eek: The question is how did they get into this position, let alone out of it safely. Unless perhaps they employed visual camera tricks. That's some boffo core muscle strength in any case. Amazing.

Sylvia

TBD
From the Canadian Pairs news thread today:
We've heard different things about their plans due to them juggling Vanessa's appearance on BOTB. The latest I heard, based on a brief interview Jackie Wong had with Vanessa for Ice Talk, is that they are prepping for Euros. Initially, J/C had planned to compete at French Nationals and Euros, and skip Worlds this season. But Vanessa explained that those plans became uncertain when they weren't able to get the training time they had anticipated during her stint on the show.

Since Vanessa and her Canadian hockey star partner were eliminated earlier than expected from BOTB, perhaps she and Morgan have gotten caught up with their training. The interview with Jackie is posted in their fan thread. Vanessa mentioned Euros, but I didn't hear her say anything definite about Worlds for this year. They may be playing it by ear...
Link to listen without downloading the podcast episode:
Oct. 23, 2019 (Jackie's brief chat with Vanessa James starts around the 8 min. mark ...:
James/Cipres are not listed for French Nationals (Dec. 19-21 in Dunkerque) according to the competition thread in the Kiss & Cry section.

Last edited:

kirkbiggestfan

It just sounds like Didier's typical game plan. He tried to overmanage the end of so many skater's careers: Surya, Brian, Gwendal & Marina...He wants them to do half or shortened seasons to increase the length of their competitive careers.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
It just sounds like Didier's typical game plan. He tried to overmanage the end of so many skater's careers: Surya, Brian, Gwendal & Marina...He wants them to do half or shortened seasons to increase the length of their competitive careers.
As much as I dislike the man, considering how mad he was at J/C at the beginning for skipping competitions, I really don't think it's part of any game plan of his. He ended up supporting it because he had no other choice. It's entirely J/C's decision. Gailhaguet is no longer the almighty king on his throne. He has been very sick and has had to delegate a lot of his power for some years now. Katia Krier has been calling the shots for a while (with his approval but sometimes without) and it isn't a bad thing if you ask me. Anyway, it would be hard to do worse than Gailhaguet :lol:

BTW J/C won't be at Nationals because their programs aren't yet ready. They already knew that back at Masters and Ciprès confirmed it to some of us at Grand Prix de France.

Orm Irian

BTW J/C won't be at Nationals because their programs aren't yet ready. They already knew that back at Masters and Ciprès confirmed it to some of us at Grand Prix de France.

Thanks for the update, cholla (and the goss re DG!). While I'm impatient to see what they're working on, I certainly wouldn't want them to present half-baked programs at Nationals - definitely better to skip it this year!

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Thanks for the update, cholla (and the goss re DG!). While I'm impatient to see what they're working on, I certainly wouldn't want them to present half-baked programs at Nationals - definitely better to skip it this year!
FTR, it's not gossip, I would not report gossip, especially when it involves someone's health troubles. ;)

Mad for Skating

Gailhaguet is no longer the almighty king on his throne. He has been very sick and has had to delegate a lot of his power for some years now.

Ohhh, so THAT's how we got Novoselov released without having to pay the old man off! I see!

aftershocks

Banned Member
Vanessa and Morgan with Shae-Lynn Bourne, looking very happy with what they've been working on!

Thanks for sharing. Vanessa's post says: "It's the BEGINNING of... (you finish the sentence!)"

Okay...

It's the BEGINNING of making a new program :cheer2:

It's the BEGINNING of a new collaboration :watch:

It's the BEGINNING of the reigning GPF & European pairs champions' next chapter :love:

It's the BEGINNING of an exciting choreographic journey, in preparation for J/C's eagerly anticipated return to competition!!! :encore:

ETA:
I like the comment by a poster on Vanessa's Instagram who feels:

It's the BEGINNING of Magic!

Someone else suggests:

It's the BEGINNING of the Beguine*

*Begin the Beguine
is a popular song by Cole Porter, which references a West Indian dance, now a ballroom dance similar to a rumba.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information