Vancouver to host 2018 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships

chantilly

By the way I rechecked tickets and there's two tickets for the short programmes so there's time to get out and grab some air/food.

Not sure how much. I'd check the schedule. And you may end up missing some of the event going out or getting back in of they indeed eliminate in and out privledges.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

puglover

Would love to make the get together but my friend seemed less than enthusiastic when I suggested it to her. As I am staying with her in Poco and she is my ride, no way I can make it back on my own. Come and see me if you can - I am in section 101, row 9, seat either 6 or 7 but I am the one with the short blonde hair. I went for the first time yesterday for the novice and junior pairs and thought it was a lovely arena. The girl at the door said they were unsure if you would be able to come and go during Friday and Saturday - they were waiting for a definitive answer on that. They did search my bag but I just brought a couple of granola bars in my pocket. There is a salad/sandwich table that the lady beside us was enjoying and the salad looked good but we didn't have time to find it.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The salads are sold from a small table next to a small cooler on the side of the arena with the BC Hall of Fame and the Main entrance. There are two tables close to each other selling different foods, and it's the one farthest away from the entrance.

Grab your salad early: they don't have a lot, and they were sold out before 5pm on Tuesday. The only thing they had left were cucumber rolls. (Chopsticks and soy sauce were available at the main condiments station.)

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Sorry I won't be able to make the get-together but it was great to catch some of you in the arena yesterday and to chat with Rosaleen a couple of times the day before :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Update:

FSU meet up

I have made a booking for Friday night at 8 for 10 people at Mahony and Sons Irish Pub
http://mahonyandsons.com
Booking for 10 is a guess and I told them that I'd keep them up to date with numbers as people express interest here.

So far we have:
@Japanfan and Mr Japanfan
@manhn
@The Accordion
@kalamalka and Rosaleen
@PeterG, @lurvylurker and Mr lurvylurker
and me :)

Are you coming?: @kwanfan1818, @jl22aries, @Snowflake3939 (and your friend), anyone else?

Please rsvp here asap so I can let the pub know how many. Thanks.

I'll make a booking for Saturday night too - at biercraft at 8pm which is also walkable from the arena but in the opposite direction.
http://biercraft.com/wesbrook-at-ubc/

AKAIK all the same people are planning on coming on Saturday too.

jl22aries

@alilou my friend hasn't gotten back to me re: if she wants to join tomorrow. I'd like to say put me down for 1, but there is the possibility that I may no show if my friend gets back to me with a contrary want/idea. Perhaps I leave it up to you whether you account for me in your booking numbers? I could always squeeze in if I do join? What would be easiest for you Allison?

Alilou

Ubercavorter
@alilou my friend hasn't gotten back to me re: if she wants to join tomorrow. I'd like to say put me down for 1, but there is the possibility that I may no show if my friend gets back to me with a contrary want/idea. Perhaps I leave it up to you whether you account for me in your booking numbers? I could always squeeze in if I do join? What would be easiest for you Allison?
Sure no problem. I'm sure they can fit in one more if you come. Be nice to see you!

randomsplashes

Does anyone know if they will check backpacks?
And also if anyone knows someone who's wanting to buy a mens/pairs short or free program or gala ticket, I have one (Section 101, Row 10, Seat 2) available.

Last edited:

puglover

Women behind me were really complaining about the food availability. One had a Skate Canada representative come over and talk to her as well as the head of food catering for the arena. I always go with low expectations to these week long competitions and so I am never disappointed. I did get a lovely quinoa, berry, kale salad from the women at the tables as well as a good orange/cranberry muffin. One of the great thing about our seats is many of the skaters warm up just beside us where they do their off ice routine. Also, so many coaches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information