U.S. Men in 2017 - articles & latest news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

I suspect most skaters would love for a program with 4Lo, 4Lz, and a 3A combo to be their "watered-down" version.

A good many of them would love that 4Lo when they have already skated a season with a 4Lz, 4F, 4S, 4T.

He is ridiculous.:biggrinbo

The music is great. The axel looks great. The transitions are a frigging focus in the program because people spent all last season ripping him apart for not having transitions.

The planned layout is terrifying in many, many ways.

But, boy, this is going to be a heck of a program if he gets the job done.

I do not care about how it stacks up with anyone else's program right now. It's not a retread. It's not a signature number that belongs to someone else. It's not a warhorse. It's a piece he can make his own, and I desperately wish there were more people doing the same this season.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I'm not a huge POTO fan, but I think it serves Max well. Fix the music at the end and it could be a real standout program for him. I have a soft spot for Max, and I'd love to see him make the team for Korea.

I love Nathan's programs soooo much. I think in a few months they could be really incredible.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
In the battles within and without, Max scored 86.06/175.50 for a total of 261.56.

Jason scored 83.01/ 176.87 for a total of 259.88.

Nathan scored 91.80/183.24 for a total of 275.04.

Shoma scored 104.87/214.97 for a total of 319.84.

olympic

In the battles within and without, Max scored 86.06/175.50 for a total of 261.56.

Jason scored 83.01/ 176.87 for a total of 259.88.

Nathan scored 91.80/183.24 for a total of 275.04.

Shoma scored 104.87/214.97 for a total of 319.84.

That distance between Nathan and Shoma will shrink quite a bit once Nathan commits to a full set of quads in each program. Re Nationals and the Olympic team, Nathan is in the driver's seat if he can do a 1-quad SP and 2-quad LP and come out w/ that type of score!

Intrigued by the distance between Jason and Max. It would appear that Max would need a 3 quad advantage to beat Jason. We will have to wait until October and Finlandia to see where Adam and Vincent are. It was announced a few weeks ago that Adam is going back to the 4Z. That causes me some nervousness because it seems like a Hail Mary.

BTW, was Vincent's WD from the Autumn Classic due to continuing recovery from boot blisters or is it due to getting the new LP together?

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
It was announced a few weeks ago that Adam is going back to the 4Z. That causes me some nervousness because it seems like a Hail Mary.
He had to give up the 4T because his picking foot was the injured one. He doesn't have that problem with the 4Lz. It's not his Plan A, but it's not an act of desperation.

Roux

I'm digging Nathan's LP. :cheer2:
Really like the step sequence in his SP, too.

I hope the jumps don't rain on my parade later in the season. :p This could be where *I* start calling him great... :lol:

pairskatingfan

Adam's lutz looks great. Hope we see that in competition. I think If Adam is hitting the lutz consistently, he will be clear ahead of Max and Jason, and Vincent is already far ahead of Max... So this spells bad news for Aaron.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
I think that might be an old video? Not to say he doesn't have a great one now - but his hair hasn't looked like that in quite some time.

Good catch; that is NOT a current lutz photo, unless Adam hit the hair stylist this afternoon and filmed this within the hour. The white/gray/silver/metallic period would be 2016 at latest, possibly 2015. The same era as the mesh shirts.....

Willin

@el henry @Pretty Vegas Inspiring Skaters is an account that regrams skating videos. In this case, the video was regrammed from Adam's official instagram. On his official account, there is no new 4Lz video - in fact, he hasn't posted any new skating video since July (only pictures). So I would assume this video is from a couple of years ago and that account just happened to regram it today.

Tinami Amori

Not a trick question... What is Jason Brown hopping for this season, including at the Olympics if he makes it, when his declared tech content is 72 and most Japanese men, and Javier, and Chen are around 110? (other than "I just want to skate my best and have fun")... Jason's PC scores are around 90, but same is for the rest top men...

Willin

@Tinami Amori I think he thought he'd have at least one quad this year. He can get huge scores even with one quad, and he has been working on two. So far it looks like he's got zero. I almost wish this was 7 years ago. I think he could have won the 2010 Olympics, or been top in the world before quads were king, but now that they aren't, I don't think he stands a chance at the podium without uncharacteristic disaster from all the top guys.

I also think he genuinely likes skating, and is still with it because he likes it. He's just the type of guy that won't let anything get him down. I don't know if he'll ever get the quads he needs to be truly competitive, but I'll be happy if he sticks around just so I can see his style of skating more.

dr.frog

Not a trick question... What is Jason Brown hopping for this season, including at the Olympics if he makes it, when his declared tech content is 72 and most Japanese men, and Javier, and Chen are around 110? (other than "I just want to skate my best and have fun")... Jason's PC scores are around 90, but same is for the rest top men...

I suppose he must be hoping that something will "click" before the Olympics and he'll be able to land at least one quad in each program, but beyond that, his prospects are not looking good. If this were fall 1983 or even 1993 he could be hoping to get a good pro touring contract even if he doesn't get anywhere near an Olympic medal, but there are no pro tours to speak of any more, so that kind of leaves just qualifying for the team and enjoying the experience for what it is before moving on to the rest of his life.

Tinami Amori

I suppose he must be hoping that something will "click" before the Olympics and he'll be able to land at least one quad in each program, but beyond that, his prospects are not looking good. If this were fall 1983 or even 1993 he could be hoping to get a good pro touring contract even if he doesn't get anywhere near an Olympic medal, but there are no pro tours to speak of any more, so that kind of leaves just qualifying for the team and enjoying the experience for what it is before moving on to the rest of his life.
Thanks! i see... he IS planning to add a quad to each programme.. that's makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information