U.S. Men 2019-20 season - news & updates

Impromptu

Sekret Custom Title
Jason Brown pre-nationals article (Hersh)

Brown laughed when I brought up the subject by saying, “This wouldn’t be a conversation between Phil and Jason if I didn’t ask about the quad.”

“Of course,” he said. “I don’t think it’s a conversation with anyone without it coming up.”

VGThuy

I don’t think a promotional video by the marketing people has any bearing on who the judges like. There has been never any indication that the judges at US Nationals have ever been off of Jason when he performs well.

jlai

Question everything
Praying that he’ll hold it together in the FS. He hasn’t had a great FS in a while. I just want him to skate clean (aside from the quad).
Didn't he win the free skate at Golden Spin in December?
eta: Just checked: he got 78 and change in tes in December. If he has similar tes (and US judges may be more generous with the goe too, esp with skating last), and his pcs will keep him right there. I don't see any one in the top five (other than Chen) with a hard enough tech content to completely distance himself from Jason.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

clairecloutier

I'm kind of enjoying Jason flying under the radar a bit. I have a gut feeling he's going to make a splash this weekend and forcibly remind people that he is the best damn PCS skater the US has and they better not forget it.

I also have a feeling...just a feeling, no more...it would be quite something if he went perfectly clean at Nationals.

You called it @misskarne. 😊

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
NOOOOO....NBC breaking news coverage just as Nathan is about to skate ☹

Welcome to my world, here in LA we got repeats of the men short program and ice dance and then as soon as the men are about to start live we’ve had two hours of the newsbreak coverage. They never showed any of the men’s free

Can you believe it?

AngieNikodinovLove

I didn't see any results and can't watch it in Germany. Did he finish in the top 3?

I have to watch results on the computer since they stop TV coverage with the helicopter coverage. Jason finished second. 292.88 total

It also seems according to the protocols he went for a quad toe, downgraded though.

AngieNikodinovLove

men’s competition just finished a hot minute ago. I do hope they send Tomoki and Vincent to 4CC and let them battle outs for the third world spot. Tomoki did not impress me during the fall

semogal

Welcome to my world, here in LA we got repeats of the men short program and ice dance and then as soon as the men are about to start live we’ve had two hours of the newsbreak coverage. They never showed any of the men’s free

Can you believe it?
Which is why I am so thankful for NBC Gold. No news interruptions or college basketball games to come between me and skating.

love skating

Clueless American
I came home with three left to skate and saw it was only the sad news on NBC. Switched over to NBCSN so thankfully I saw Nathan and Jason (as well as Tomoki getting his scores and Andrew). I believe the Olympic Channel will be repeating all of the Nationals broadcasts this week so I will try to catch the men's free repeat then.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode

Sometimes, having unshakeable faith in my favourites is rewarded...like this.

God, I couldn't have asked for anything more than he gave us.

It also seems according to the protocols he went for a quad toe, downgraded though.

Yes, it was downgrade...but he stood up. He didn't fall! He STOOD UP! ON A QUAD! AT NATIONALS!

Now I'm going to cry again!

olympic

^The sad news of Kobe Bryant and his daughter's death pre-empted Nathan and Jason. Thank you for letting me know that the Men's free might be re-broadcast on the Olympic Channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information