U.S. Figure Skating launches a new website & asks for feedback

bladesofgorey

This was a long time coming, so good.
I will send feedback directly- but WHY is it so ^&*^%# hard to find competition results for even USFS sanctioned results on their website and why does this new website not include them in an easily discoverable (or even at all discoverable) way?!

(Also that choice for slanted all-caps fonts for page level navigation and links is impossible to read so I guess they didn't accessibility check their new site and they don't want anyone -even those with excellent vision- to be able to find anything on the new site either even if the information architecture is improved in this version.)

5Ali3

The question is, will US figure Skating finally use IceCalc for results?
One can only hope/pray!

:confused: U.S. Figure Skating has always used Calc. Calc is being replaced by a new program next year, which Swiss Timing and the ISU trialed at certain international comps this year. U.S. Figure Skating intends to use the new ISU software starting next year.

acraven

I don't suppose anyone has a working link to the charts showing short program and free skate requirements by level and the technical notifications issued this year? I used to go to Accounting Central to find that information to take to Nationals. At the moment I'm getting 404 Not Found error screens.

I've reported the issue to US Figure Skating, but I'm not too optimistic that they'll have time to address this before I head to Greensboro early on Sunday.

Thanks.

Debbie S

I don't suppose anyone has a working link to the charts showing short program and free skate requirements by level and the technical notifications issued this year? I used to go to Accounting Central to find that information to take to Nationals. At the moment I'm getting 404 Not Found error screens.
It looks like Accounting Central (and all the technical info) was moved to the Members Only site (I hope USFS changes that, it's not just participant skaters who are interested in that info). I tried to click on the links there and am also getting error messages - looks like they haven't actually set up the links yet. If the info is in the rulebook, the main site does have a link: https://www.usfigureskating.org/about/rules

Why would anyone with a functioning brain want to launch a new website, which isn't even finished, the week before their biggest event of the year? At least they could think to post a link to the Fan Zone, assuming they want people to go there.

gkelly

I don't suppose anyone has a working link to the charts showing short program and free skate requirements by level and the technical notifications issued this year?

The technical information is available in the Members Only site.

Skating Opportunities > [select discipline] > Skating Rules and Resources

It might be worth using the Submit Feedback page on the main site
to request that some of this information (e.g., program requirements) be made readily available to fans.

The ISU communications are available on the ISU site, but that's less well organized.

Tavi

Well, the link for practice groups at US Champs doesn’t work.

Edited to add that I got a fast response to my email, too, and the link for practice groups now works.:)

Last edited:

acraven

Thanks, @gkelly, but "Skating Rules and Resources" is not visible for me. My (old) membership number still allows me to sign in, but perhaps they have more robust authentication when it comes to actually getting the information. However, I don't see any justification for not allow fans access to the basic requirements.

I submitted a comment through the web form yesterday. I got a very fast response from a hard-working staffer, but the specified path isn't working for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information