Transparency of yuzu

skateboy

Yuzu's silver medal performance at this worlds was far better than either of his Olympic gold free skates.

Tinami Amori

I don't know what he said in Japanese, but what he said in English and his body language are normal, honest, and not offensive to Chen (if i did not miss something he said in Japanese).

It's normal to say "loosing is disappointing", and it was not a dig at Chen or anyone. Yes, loosing is disappointing, and it's ok to show it if it is in a polite form (which it was).

... somebody in Orser's group needs to learn this behavior when losing gold... act like Yuzu, honestly say you're disappointed, don't play games, don't start scandals, don't blame... and go back to the ice and try to do better... ;)

CaliSteve

Thanks! that's even better...... He says "Chen is cool/great" and "now i have to practice more"..... LOVE this guy!:cheer2:

I thought that was very endearing. I have alot of respect for him as he doesnt blame "poor" judging or point fingers. He just says he wants to get better.

Some Fanyus' should take note.

Last edited:

CaliSteve

Why bother mentioning some Fanyus here then? That’s asking for trouble, so trouble came, here you are. People have a right to question certain things whether you like it or not.

Out of curiosity what were you questioning? Was it my post?

ostile17

What is the problem? Claire and me had a conversation because I misunderstood her but we cleared the case now.
You are a great Hanyu fan. If you read something bad on him and think that is not true you also start a debate immediately. What is the different???

Oh you bet, Fanyus do that all the times, even of something you say it' true... LOL

Last edited:

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Why bother mentioning some Fanyus here then? That’s asking for trouble, so trouble came, here you are. People have a right to question certain things whether you like it or not.
Reading this post makes me question whether I know what the meaning of the word "trouble" is. That is one reaction FSU has never caused me to have. So thanks.

CaliSteve

I know. There are many great, nice Fanyus, I know many of them!:40beers: But I met many disgusting, malicious fanyus, full of hate toward the other skaters. They are not Japanese. :(

I agree!

My friend's mother is a Fanyu. She travels to see Yuzu skate all over and has developed close friendships with other women who are fans. They support all the skaters and wave flags of the countries they represent.

shine

As far as I got it, the ice condition was far from ideal on the day of the SP - it was far too warm in the arena - so it might have led to the pop. Edge jumps are much more dependent on ice.
But his own condition also played into it.
Oh yeah, blame that warm ice, and poor edge jumper. Chen is just so lucky that he is good at lutzes. Classic fanyu comment, just like the thousands we see all over twitter. :D

Fairuza

Oh yeah, blame that warm ice, and poor edge jumper. Chen is just so lucky that he is good at lutzes. Classic fanyu comment, just like the thousands we see all over twitter. :D
Who blames anything? Who says I have any trouble accepting Yuzu’s loss? No, you invent some “classic Fanyu comment” here. I am quite happy with the way he performed after such a serious injury. Can you imagine anyone trying and puttting out that sort of performance on a busted ankle?
You know, it wasn’t me who came and whined about Fanyus. Someone else did. But whining about a group of fans is ok, I see, though in fact I’d recommend the whiner battle it out in the twitter world instead of bringing their woes here.
But commenting on the temperature and ice in the arena is not ok. Because it doesn’t ever ever affect anything at all. I heard quite a few people say it was very hot in the arena on that day - Yuzuru himself commented that the ice was the consistency of a sushi. Guess in your imagination, he was just inventing an excuse for a loss.

Last edited:

YesWay

but he doesn't have the content to beat Nathan clean-to-clean.
Sorry, but this is nonsense.

Base values of Nathan's programs at Saitama Worlds (if clean & max levels): 48.17 + 94.39 = 142.56
Base values of Yuzuru's programs at Saitama Worlds (if clean & max levels): 46.37 + 97.71 = 144.08
ie. very little difference in technical content.

If both skated clean, and the judges and tech panel actually followed the rules for GoE and PCS, Yuzuru would win easily. Nathan could replace a triple with another quad, it wouldn't help. Replace two triples with quads, it would still be close.

Unfortunately, the judges do NOT follow ISU rules.
And I think this is why Yuzuru always aims for "overwhelming victory":
He wants to give performances that can't be beaten, no matter how shameless the judges and tech panel are.
He will be forced to increase his base value...

Last edited:

antmanb

Sorry, but this is nonsense.

Base values of Nathan's programs at Saitama Worlds (if clean & max levels): 48.17 + 94.39 = 142.56
Base values of Yuzuru's programs at Saitama Worlds (if clean & max levels): 46.37 + 97.71 = 144.08
ie. very little difference in technical content.

How have you arrived at that figure for Hanyu's LP? Based on Saitama protocols the only things he didn't get full credit for was the 4S (2.42 points more for full value), and Level 3 on his step sequence (0.6 more for level 4), that makes a total of 3.02 points to add to his actual base value of 88.41 so his total would be 91.43 or 6.28 lower than the one you state above.

YesWay

How have you arrived at that figure for Hanyu's LP? Based on Saitama protocols the only things he didn't get full credit for was the 4S (2.42 points more for full value), and Level 3 on his step sequence (0.6 more for level 4), that makes a total of 3.02 points to add to his actual base value of 88.41 so his total would be 91.43 or- 6.28 lower than the one you state above.
Ah, you are correct, I miscalculated somewhere along the line.

But the fact remains: difference in technical base value is still very little, less than 5 points.

And if judges and tech panels followed ISU's rules on GoE and PCS, clean Yuzuru would still win over clean Nathan, and would still be tough to beat even if/when Nathan replaced one or more triples with quads.

But Yuzuru will surely attempt to increase his base value regardless.

Last edited:

antmanb

Ah, you are correct, I miscalculated somewhere along the line.

But the fact remains: difference in technical base value is still very little, less than 5 points.

With the men going for such risky elements I agree that a base value advantage of 5-8 points isn't much - a couple of wonky landings can lose you that, however...

And if judges and tech panels followed ISU's rules on GoE and PCS, clean Yuzuru would still win over clean Nathan, and would still be tough to beat even if/when Nathan replaced one or more triples with quads.

That is just uber BS right there. The GOE guidelines seemed very fairly applied at worlds, and Hanyu got higher components in both the FS and the SP despite the errors in his programmes. Also Hanyu's programmes this season were IMO far lesser programmes than any other he has skated before. They had fewer transitions and lot of empty spots that his previous programmes have not had. I personally hope this season was a blip in terms of programmes and that he comes back with programmes more suited to a skater of his calibre.

But Yuzuru will surely attempt to increase his base value regardless.

I think he's zeroed in on the quad axel so I fully expect him to try...I just hope he doesn't kill himself trying for it.

YesWay

The GOE guidelines seemed very fairly applied at worlds.
I disagree about GoE: Judges did not seem to know what "bullet points" are, or which are supposed to be pre-requisites for +4 and +5. Many criteria for PCS components appeared similarly ignored. And I was appalled by the Tech panel.

Bear in mind, this is also about hypothetical clean vs clean programs ie. with both skaters fully fit, and able to train/prepare adequately beforehand.

I think he's zeroed in on the quad axel so I fully expect him to try...I just hope he doesn't kill himself trying for it.
Yes, I expect so. Although I think it might largely be for pride, to be the first. Because unless he can nail it every time, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to risk it, from a scoring point of view - when ISU already pre-emptively nerfed the 4A base value.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information