Thoroughbred Racing 2024

Vagabond

I was pleased to see that the California Horse Racing Board voted unanimously today to approve dates for racing at Pleasanton in the second half of 2024. This decision came after :EVILLE: Santa Anita tried to intimidate the CHRB into consolidating all California racing in the Southern California.

While it it's a bit of a pity that there won't be racing anymore at Golden Gate Fields, it is an opportunity for something good to come in to replace it. Replacing Bay Meadows with housing, offices, and stores revitalized San Mateo.

I do hope that Pleasanton installs a turf course.

Last edited:

skipaway

I still own a few microshares with MyRacehorse and one of mine, Seize the Gray earned 27 points. He is so not a Derby horse, yet there was this constant push to trying to get him in the gate. If he had managed to make it in, I wouldn’t have been an excited owner…just because you have some points…doesn’t mean you should run.

He’s been entered in The Pat Day Mile.

sk8pics

I forgot to post that I met I’ll Have Another and McCraken when I was in Kentucky recently. I’ll Have Another, I call him ‘Nother, is quite regal and pretty friendly, but he also has this air of “you may go, peasant, I’ve had enough carrots for now.” :lol:

Awesome Gem, who some of you might remember, actually snuggled with me while I was taking some selfies with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information