This or That - Round 42

ilovepaydays

YES - but I'm highly skeptical that it will be cost-effective.

This year, yours truly wants to go to combine going to a skating event with a scenic vacation in North America. Luckily, flights tend to be affordable and even nonstop out of the DC area. Now, deciding on the best trip.

Where shall I go?

Salt Lake City, UT (early-mid September) - U.S. Intl Classic, some National Parks/Monuments, and maybe even Park City
or
Montreal, QC (mid-late September) - Skate Canada Autumn Classic
or
Regina, SK (October) - GP Skate Canada
or
Lake Placid/Adirondacks, NY (November) - GP Skate America

ilovepaydays

YAY - Actually, more like "Whatevs!" Natural gas is quickly replacing coal in the U.S. anyway. Sorry, miners! :p

Now that I've gone political and potentially offended people here...:eek:

Will the Conservatives in the U.K. be successful in the special election?

YAY - They'll gain seats.
or
MEH - They'll stay in the majority, but their margin will be about the same.
or
NAY - They'll stay in the majority, but they will lose a decent amount of seats.
or
OMFG! - They lose the majority to (assuming) a Labour led coalition.

ilovepaydays

Crispy chicken wings

Nike has been working with three superb runners (Olympic Marathon champ Eliud Kipchoge, half marathon world-record holder Zersenay Tadese, and two-time Boston winner Lelisa Desisa) to train and run the first sub-2 hour marathon.

The race is scheduled for sometime during May 6-8 at the Formula One Track in Monza, Italy. Will they succeed?

YAY! :eek:..........:cheer2:
or
NO FRIGGIN' WAY! (The world record in the men's marathon is currently 2:02:57, BTW.)

ilovepaydays

Ostrich - the eggs are huge! :eek:

The Kentucky Derby draw was this morning. Who will win on Saturday?

Classic Empire - the early-on favorite.
or
McCracken - Awesome name. :respec: Plus 5:1 is still great odds right now and #15 is the post that American Pharoah had in 2015.
or
Patch - America needs a new Seabiscuit type of horse right now. And Patch has only one eye.
or
Another horse (please name)

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

NO - I always thought that more than two stages were too many. Especially when (with few exceptions) the standings never changed after the compulsory dance anway.
McCracken - because I love the name :slinkaway
McCracken would be the greatest triple crown name EVER!

Are the concerns over the Netflix show "13 Reasons Why" valid?

YES - Because of how it shows a very dark topic (teenage suicide), there should be discretion and discussion with any young person that watches it.
or
NO - It's just a show.

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays

YES! (And if you don't PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take lessons and encourage as many parents as you can to have their children take lessons! It's critical to learn how to be water safe!)

Now, for something a bit more controversial..........

Should athletes like Caster Semenya who have hyperandrogenism be allowed to compete against women?

YES - It's fair. It's no different than how things like height can be adventageous for some basketball players.
or
YES - But
testosterone/hormone levels should be maintained at an acceptable range.
or
NO - It's completely unfair.

ilovepaydays

Nike has been working with three superb runners (Olympic Marathon champ Eliud Kipchoge, half marathon world-record holder Zersenay Tadese, and two-time Boston winner Lelisa Desisa) to train and run the first sub-2 hour marathon.

The race is scheduled for sometime during May 6-8 at the Formula One Track in Monza, Italy. Will they succeed?

YAY! :eek:..........:cheer2:
or
NO FRIGGIN' WAY! (The world record in the men's marathon is currently 2:02:57, BTW.)

YAY (I'm an eternal optimist :) )

BTW, the Nike Breaking2 attempt was this morning. Eliud Kipchoge came so close (2:00:24). This was insane to watch live.

ilovepaydays

NO - but that's because I'm old school when it comes to kids' toys. Plus, you can have similar toys without the risk.

========================
BTW -
The Kentucky Derby draw was this morning. Who will win on Saturday?

Classic Empire - the early-on favorite.
or
McCracken - Awesome name. :respec: Plus 5:1 is still great odds right now and #15 is the post that American Pharoah had in 2015.
or
Patch - America needs a new Seabiscuit type of horse right now. And Patch has only one eye.
or
Another horse (please name)

McCracken - because I love the name :slinkaway

Video: Always Dreaming won the Kentucky Derby! Apparently getting out in front and staying fast and close to the rails works. Who knew?! :lol: The other favorites did some :confused: races. What a weird race.
========================

European Athletics has proposed to the IAAF changes to record verification that would include clearing all records prior to 2005 when IAAF started storing all drug testing samples for 10 years. Should all older records be voided?

YES - Everyone knows that the World Records that were set in 1980s by East German/Soviet athletes were dirty. And let's be honest: How likely was it that FloJo was clean in 1988? No women has come close to her since.
or
NO - This is the stupidest idea ever in track & field. It unfairly punishes those who attained those records clean - for example, no one credible believes that Jonathan Edwards (triple jump - 1995) was doping. Innocent until proven guilty. Let's focus on getting the sport clean going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information