The voidiest program ever?

ThePurestSport

I had heard of , but never seen, Beacom till just now. That guy was a lunatic even in his competitive days-- I love it!
84 Canadian nats: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui_rBMJWF_c&mode=related&search=
some of those jump entries are really clever and might actually get decent GOE today for "unexpected approach", or whatever the term is. The entry into the 2a at the 4:30 mark is especially cool, followed by a huge death-spiral-looking thing. The musical transitions are a bit :huh:

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
pollyanna, thanks for the Jazznoodling link. I have seen several Gary Beacom programs and loved 'em all. It's amazing what control he has over those blades and it's a crying shame he can't perform in the US again (for those out of the loop, he was convicted of tax evasion or something and banned from the US--he's Canadian).

pollyanna

Aussie Willy said:
Thanks for posting the Guddat/Beacom programme. I saw a photo of that programme once and have been wanting to see it for years. There couldn't be a possibility that it could be posted to FSVids?

And really appreciate the Norbert love being shared around.

Aussie Willy, see here.

And I ADORE Norbert Schramm. :)

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
alchemy void said:
Olga Markova - 1998 Jaca Wolrd Pros EX :respec:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxjQwiaGsyo

This program is amazing!! Let's see, we have a lime green boa, Olga straddling the boards and making faces into the camera, and the music chants "let my people go" over and over again! I just found it and had to share it with everyone!

OMFG :rofl: :rofl: Where do you even start with this one? I love her!!! :respec: :inavoid:

pollyanna

Karpenko said:
OMFG :rofl: :rofl: Where do you even start with this one? I love her!!! :respec: :inavoid:
Really, I don't think anything I've ever seen will top this one. Olga with her boa, letting her people go. Truly the voidiest program ever. :lol:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
pollyanna said:
Really, I don't think anything I've ever seen will top this one. Olga with her boa, letting her people go. Truly the voidiest program ever. :lol:

:lol: It has to be, I don't think even Huberts hooker program holds a candle to this (Now I'm starting to wonder if Latetia's choreographer saw this program for inspiration before they came up with it.. :shuffle:). Right down to the facial expressions, even the popped jump added to the :inavoid: of the program! :swoon:

Jubak

These are all beautiful. Norbert Schramm - don't remember him much but aye, what a cutie & gorgeous legs even in lederhosen. What a strange program that was!

Always sort of had a soft spot for Markova. Hooker on crystal meth. Maybe it's a sad rallying cry and statement for all those kidnapped young women sent to Germany from Eastern bloc countries to become enslaved hookers - or wait, am I reading too much into it???? Does every program need a back story?

Anyway, on a serious note - interesting to see the wonderful edging on a previous generation's skaters.

Zora

Still wiping my tears from laughing too much at the boa and Olga Markova. A true champion of the voidy programs.:biggrinbo :biggrinbo :biggrinbo

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Gee not to take away from our lovely voidy Olga - just to the side there is the lovely gymnastic Olga which is worth watching. Just fabulous!!!

pollyanna

Toller Cranston gettin' down with his bad voidy self.

Alchemy void, I don't care how many other voidy programs get posted here, nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever beat Olga and her boa. I can't stop watching it - I have never watched a youtube video so many times. :lol:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Aussie Willy said:
Gee not to take away from our lovely voidy Olga - just to the side there is the lovely gymnastic Olga which is worth watching. Just fabulous!!!

:cheer: Wheeeee, do you mean Strazheva? Talk about voids!! :swoon: This gives me an idea, time for a gymnastics youtube thread innit?

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Karpenko said:
:cheer: Wheeeee, do you mean Strazheva? Talk about voids!! :swoon: This gives me an idea, time for a gymnastics youtube thread innit?
No it was the Korbet type of gymnast. Her uneven bars routine was stunning.

But certainly a gymnastics Youtube thread is a splendid idea. Go for it!!!:respec:

poths

Markova and her black tights never fail to have me :swoon: all over the shop!!! :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Voidiest/sluttiest/most WTF program of all time is however, Denise Biellmann and her program "Lick it"- It defies BELIEF!!!!!!

poths

pollyanna said:
Toller Cranston gettin' down with his bad voidy self.

Alchemy void, I don't care how many other voidy programs get posted here, nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever beat Olga and her boa. I can't stop watching it - I have never watched a youtube video so many times. :lol:
I totally forgot about this program!! :eek: ... This just shows you the distinct lack of voids in skating today! Compare this genius to the flails of Plushenko! ...you can't- :drama:

gk_891

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information