The voidiest program ever?

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
And wez just lurves ya for sharin'. That certainly was very voidy. What you would call "Lime Green Boa on Crack - Olga was in there somewhere" type voidy.

Funny though - I use the term voidy with my skating friends and they just look at me and go "What?".

Clay

Who is the coach? Everywhere! Everybodeee!
I'm glad someone posted that video! I remember watching it thinking, "what the hell?"
She's skating to something about moses? Was she trying to be sexy? I was PML when she 'bumped' into boards, but couldn't figure out if it was on purpose or not!

Basically, that program made no sense which makes it :respec:

Civic

Alexei Urmanov's long program at the 1999 World Pros. He had an 8 foot cape, a baton and the most outrageous hat. It was as if once he was freed from ISU costume and prop restrictions, he decided to give in to all of his voidy impulses. I loved it.

LordCirque

That is the strangest interpretation of "Go Down, Moses" that I have ever seen, unless she interpreted "Go Down" in a much different manner.

It was definitely an entertaining program. Thank You for sharing.

algonquin

Clay said:
I'm glad someone posted that video! I remember watching it thinking, "what the hell?"
She's skating to something about moses? Was she trying to be sexy?
Perhaps, she was supposed to be flirting with the Pharaoh to persuade him to let the “people go". Entertaining program, but an odd interpretation of a “spiritual”.

What is Olga up to these days? I really enjoyed her skating and missed her when she left.

michiruwater

I've watched 38 seconds of it and I'm already laughing. This is beautiful. Thank you for posting.

pollyanna

OMFG, that is awesome! :lol: Definitely the voidiest I've seen in a loooong time. Aw, Olga, we miss you!!

Mafke

I would assume that Markova was ignoring the words and thought she was doing a straight jazz number.

Ignoring what the words mean in English language songs was/is common in much of Europe (I've had people get mad when I tell them what some lyrics mean...).

IceJunkie

LMAO! That was great. I love it around 1:28 where she gives a seductive look to the cameras while the chorus of "Let my people go" hums in the background. :lol:

Aussie Willy

It still also proved that she possibly had the worst teeth in skating!!!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The part right after she waves at the camera reminds me of Connie Chung trying to get off the piano in her singing tribute to Maury. It seriously looks like she almost falls into the boards when she turned. ;)

Carmen Ovsiannikov

michiruwater said:
I've watched 38 seconds of it and I'm already laughing. This is beautiful. Thank you for posting.

Me too. I love how she waves bye bye to Moses at the beginning. I never thought I'd see The Ten Commandments burlesque style. :rofl: :rofl:

I love a good void just as much as the next guy and I've always liked Olga Markova but sometimes there is a thin line between voidy and disturbingly bizarre. I think Olga crossed that line with this program but I admit it is very entertaining.

alchemy void, thanks for posting that. :respec:

Carmen Ovsiannikov

SkateElectric said:
OMG I have not laughed so hard in a long while, almost peed my pants.

Awesomely bad.

:rofl: Same here.

I dunno, I think Olga might have come close to eclipsing "One Banana" in the tasteless programs department. But since she apparently didn't know what she was skating to I'll cut her a break. :rofl: again.

SkateElectric

That part where she skates over to the boards and looks at the camera, just made me think: "Let my people go, or I'll plague you with my feather boa and seduce you mercilessly."

Sugar

the voideiest program i ever saw was by usova and zhulin one year at world pros she was covered head to toe in devil red rubber including an odd looking hood and was oozing a VERY intense eerie voidiness

but i cant remember the year/program exactly....am i just imagiining this? does anyone else remember? am i going mad!?!

Taso

Sugar said:
the voideiest program i ever saw was by usova and zhulin one year at world pros she was covered head to toe in devil red rubber including an odd looking hood and was oozing a VERY intense eerie voidiness

but i cant remember the year/program exactly....am i just imagiining this? does anyone else remember? am i going mad!?!

Oh, the Rachmaninov Prelude!!! It's very good!

pollyanna

I always thought this one was pretty darned voidy. The Protopopovs at the 1986 World Pros skated their artistic program to Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini. Oleg, in heavy eye makeup and a bad wig, portrayed Paganini and Ludmila was his red violin. As much as I adore them, I couldn't help but laugh throughout this number.

Protopopovs 1986 World Pros AP

(There is some very nice historical footage of them at the beginning of the clip.)

pollyanna

I don't know if you'd call these voidy, or just Beacomesque.

Gary Beacom 1989 World Pros - Jazznoodling. Not one recognizable jump or spin according to the commentator.

Gary Beacom & Gia Guddat 1992 COI. Beacom and his girlfriend uses a couple too many pairs of skates in their program - I Think I've Lost My Marbles.

One of my skating boyfriends Norbert Schramm has always been voidy. And he looks pretty darned cute in lederhosen.

Norbert Schramm 1986 Worlds Pros artistic program, including mooing cows music.

Aussie Willy

Thanks for posting the Guddat/Beacom programme. I saw a photo of that programme once and have been wanting to see it for years. There couldn't be a possibility that it could be posted to FSVids?

And really appreciate the Norbert love being shared around.

Taso

ks1227 said:
I loved Usova and Zhulin but something about that program always just made me :lol:

Yeah, that program is my first figure skating memory :eek:. Her costume made a seven year old me :eek: as child. Her dress came up, had no panties, and she had no 'chinatown' either :scream:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information