The Voice - Fall 2020

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
My god, most of the song choices for this week, even the wildcard singoff, were so crap. Real tuneless modern country trash that nobody ever wanted. These contestants come in auditioning with appropriate nice standout material, and by the end 90% end up singing terrible country music we can't recognize. It happens every year, and its really sad. Because it has the potential to be a great show with great singers. Its so weird to see them stripped of their charm every season. I miss X Factor.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
My god, most of the song choices for this week, even the wildcard singoff, were so crap. Real tuneless modern country trash that nobody ever wanted. These contestants come in auditioning with appropriate nice standout material, and by the end 90% end up singing terrible country music we can't recognize. It happens every year, and its really sad. Because it has the potential to be a great show with great singers. Its so weird to see them stripped of their charm every season. I miss X Factor.
I was stunned by some of the judges' choices. Why did Gwen keep Ben instead of Payge? Why did Blake keep Jim (who bombed Monday night) instead of Taryn or Sid? I thought Kelly should have kept Madeline instead of Cami but really both choices were good. I was afraid she would keep generic-country Tanner. John's team was so good he probably couldn't have made a bad choice but I agreed with keeping Tamara. Her cover of Crazy was crazy good. For the knockout I would have preferred Payge but I really like Bailey Rae so I can't be too mad. Except at Gwen for not choosing her.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Kelly had some good people but she gave them away. I think her team is the weakest now. I liked Madeline the best. Tanner was horrible.

Gwen has some good people - I liked Payge & Carter the most. I was sorry Larriah didn't win the knockout. I think she was better than Taryn. I've been liking Joseph but hated his arrangement & his old-fashioned song choice. The way he kept going in & out of his falsetto & lower key was jarring. I don't think Ben has a prayer - better people than him went home.

Blake's Jim & Ian were much better up to this point. I thought they were a little bland & Worth The Wait (horrible name!) was generic family group. I've like Sid from the start so I wasn't surprised he did so well. For the 1st time Blake's #1 may not be country.

John has a strong team so it's hard to predict. I think Tamara is a shoo-in but it's hard to know if John will get the votes, he's so different & IMO didn't do as well as usual. Bailey Rae may take the spot that I had predicted for him. The Voice has a lot of country voters.

I can't predict. I have no idea why they want to have such a short season. Tonight will whittle the 17 down to 9 & then (I think) next week will be the finale.
I may or may not have posted earlier that Sid is from the county west of my hometown and has lived and performed in Richmond for sometime.

moebius

Why did Gwen keep Ben instead of Payge? Why did Blake keep Jim (who bombed Monday night) instead of Taryn or Sid?
Because Gwen wants to beat Blake by winning with a country singer.
Jim is Blake's favorite judging by his comments.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Because Gwen wants to beat Blake by winning with a country singer.
Jim is Blake's favorite judging by his comments.
Well I don't think either will win using Ben or Jim. John has a better chance with Bailey Rae.

moebius

Ryan didn’t show for the results of the 4-way. Carson’s exact words were “had to exit the competition“, so I have some googling to do to find out what happened. Found it. Kicked off for violating C19 protocol.
You would think that he would be extra cautious in preventing the spread of CV since his mother was in the ICU battling CV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information