The Voice - Fall 2017

flyingsit

They could just skip to the finale now. Addison, Chloe, Noah, and probably Red (which kills me because every time he's on my screen I gag).

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I can't decide who I like more- Addison or Chloe. I liked Chloe's song & performance better on Monday but other times I have liked Addison more. As long as they finish 1-2 I'm ok.

Even though I don't buy Janice's kind of music, I thought she was phenomenal & I was shocked she was in the bottom 2. But Adam sounded much better in the sing-off. Chandelier was the wrong song for her voice.

I would have had Shi'Ann & Devon in the bottom if you based it only on the performances, with Shi'Ann going home. To use Randy Jackson's favorite assessment, she is pitchy, dude.

ETA Devon has been one of my favs but his rendition of "I Have Nothing" was painful to my ears. Plus if I never hear that song again by anyone other than Whitney I will be glad.

Last edited:

chantilly

I find the coaches in this show way too nice and supremely lacking in critical evaluation.
Dayvon and Shian were completely off key.
Shian was off in pretty much every performance I've seen.
I still am bummed that Chris Weaver didn't make it or the rocker chick.
I expect Chloe, Noah, Addison in the top 3. I hope anyway.
They deserve it IMO.
And Brooke.
The rest IMO should be kicked off one by one.
But there's almost always someone who makes it through that shouldn't.
Anyway. This is the only season of this show I've watched and am pretty meh on it to be honest.
Although I LOVE Kelly Clarkson. She might drag me back.

shan

I like hearing the feedback in rehearsal from the coaches. But it drives me crazy that there is no real critique on performance night. Sometimes I think I'm listening to something different. Carson Daley's constant "she's only 15, she's only 15, she's only 15" is very annoying, but then they do that every year with some teen. I think Shi'ann is super talented, but she sounded off key at times and it was difficult to understand much of that song. Addison and Chloe are my favorites so far. I think the blonde country singer is kind of generic. Who is the African-American would be country singer? I like her personality, but I just don't get country from her. I suppose that's the point for her, but right now it seems little more than a way to stand out (not a bad idea). I love Noah, but I didn't think this week was so great.

moebius

Just finally caught up.
Noah Mac:
Loved his rendition of 'In The Air Tonight'
Didn't really like his version of 'Speed Of Sound'.
His version 'Electric Love' is a little bit better than the Coldplay song.
Loved his performance in the the group number with JHud. Was the best of the three.
He's my pick for the win, but I don't think he will. It'll be between Addison and Chloe. In that case, I pick Chloe.

Shi'ann:
Can't believe none of the judges mention her pitchiness on 'Listen'

Addison:
Her version was of 'Case of You' was alright. Not as good as James Wolpert's

Chloe:
Her version of 'Time After Time' was good, but not as good as Javier Colon's.
Her fans must be at least in their 40's b/c young adults probably wouldn't be familiar with 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart'.

Miley must be kicking herself in the foot for letting go of Addison and Chloe. Don't know why she chose Karli over Addison in the battle rounds. Don't know why she kept Ashland. Miley kept the powerhouse vocalists.

taf2002

Shi'ann:
Can't believe none of the judges mention her pitchiness on 'Listen'

I couldn't either. It must be a pattern. They haven't mentioned it any other time as well.

Chloe:
Her version of 'Time After Time' was good, but not as good as Javier Colon's.
Her fans must be at least in their 40's b/c young adults probably wouldn't be familiar with 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart'.

IMO it didn't matter if you heard it before or not. It was brilliant.

Miley must be kicking herself in the foot for letting go of Addison and Chloe. Don't know why she chose Karli over Addison in the battle rounds. Don't know why she kept Ashland. Miley kept the powerhouse vocalists.

When she initially created her group I thought she had the strongest team. After she purged them I thought she now has the weakest team. /shakes head

moebius

LOL @ Miley for mentioning that she doesn't like some of the pop songs she sings. I wonder if most big name artists feel the same way since they probably lost most of the creative control. I would think that since they have a lot of fans, they can risk experimenting with music or perform the style of music that they want without losing most of their fans. They would probably have to do this on their own as the record label most likely won't want to take the risk and would prefer them to record songs that they think will be big hits. I like the direction that Harry Styles went when he went solo. Much better than the songs he sang in One Direction.

Last edited:

shan

Watching tonight and not getting the Davon love. He just sounds overwrought to me from the first note. I wish there was more subtlety and nuance with him. Meh...

taf2002

Miley looks like she's being attacked by yellow fabric. :yikes:

Wasn't that hideous? I get that she wants to be quirky but she often wears things that just make her look unattractive.

IMO Addison & Brooke won the night. I loved their performances. I loved Noah's song choice (we need more Duran Duran) but not his delivery. He sounded off-key at times. And Chloe (or Blake) chose the most karaoke song for her there is.

iTunes:
2 Brooke
4 Chloe
5 Addison
11 Keisha (this surprised me, I hated it, plus what's country about All By Myself?)
15 Red
16 Adam
18 Noah
30 Devon
46 Ashland
72 Shi'Ann

I hope Adam isn't part of the bottom 3 but download sales don't always mean votes. It wouldn't bother me if the bottom 3 were the 3 lowest on iTunes with Shi'Ann going home. I don't really care who the other one is. I did think Ashland did a little better than Devon but part of that is song choice. I want to hear him sing something that isn't a old bombastic divs song. Can he do anything in the century?

shan

Well there you go, Adam is not in the bottom.

Does anyone else hear an annoying whistle in the crowd? I could hear it all through Danielle Bradberry's song and everytime there is cheering. :lynch:

moebius

Noah hasn't been performing well in the live shows so far. He's probably gonna be going home next week if he doesn't get back to the level he was before the live shows, which is a shame because he can really sing. He and Shi'Ann both have voices beyond their years, but Noah also has the creative artistry which Shi'Ann doesn't have yet. I thought Noah would be in danger this week, but luckily three singers did worse than he did.

It's possible that Devon, which all the judges been pimping may not make it to the finale.

I was pleasantly surprised by Addison's performance last night. It is my favorite live performance of the season so far, and I'm not a fan of hers. I also never heard of the original version, so I have nothing to compare it to.

I noticed that Devon is probably one of the more eloquent contestants in Voice history, unlike most contestants who don't answer the questions from Carson as well as Devon.

Last edited:

taf2002

It's possible that Devon, which all the judges been pimping may not make it to the finale.

You can't deny his talent but he hasn't sung one thing yet that I would want to download. Most of his choices have been female diva songs from long ago. And he doesn't make them original or fresh.

LeafOnTheWind

I can't hear Addison singing most of "Both Sides Now". Did she forget the words at some point or did I just not hear her?

shan

I can't hear Addison singing most of "Both Sides Now". Did she forget the words at some point or did I just not hear her?

I think the notes were reallllllyyy low.

I don't understand why there are ballet dancers in the background of Faithfully sung by Brooke. Wow Miley is pulling out all the stops... fire, smoke, ballet dancers. :lol: She has an amazing voice, but it felt like musical theater at times. Meh...

moebius

Looks like Chloe, Addison, Red, and Brooke will make it to the final. Devon (most likely since he was in the bottom 3 last week, so fans might be voting like crazy for him this week) or Noah might sneak in there. Adam and Keisha (or possibly Noah) most likely instantly eliminated. Noah's performance was okay, not enough to make it to the finale. He should've sang 'Take Me To Church' by Hozier. Maybe that song would've helped him get into the finale. Hopefully he'll have a kickass performance on the instant save if he gets the chance to perform. He's never had a song from the live performances in the top 10 iTunes chart, so that may lessen his chances of getting into the finale, but Jesse from last season who also never had a top 10 song on the iTunes chart beat Hunter to the finale who had multiple songs on the top 10 iTunes chart. So hope is not all lost.

Last edited:

flyingsit

I have to fast forward through Red every time he performs. I just can't with that kind of country music. And last night was Chloe's worst performance by far, IMO. Last week was just karaoke, and this one was completely forgettable.

If Noah makes it to the finale, he should sing either Radioactive or Demons by Imagine Dragons.
Addison should do a Jewel song, maybe Foolish Games.

taf2002

I didn't like Chloe's or Noah's solo performances or their duet. I get that the singers want to change up the songs so they don't sound karaoke but they just sounded off-key. I can't understand how Chloe beat Addison on iTunes. I really liked Addison, Red & Brooke & I hope they get into the top 4.

iTunes:
1. Chloe
2. Addison
3. Chloe/Noah
5. Red
6. Brooke
8. Noah
9. Devon
14. Adam/Red
15. Adam
18. Addison/Keisha
21. Keisha

Keisha & Adam are clearly going home & I think Devon too but I predict the 4th spot will be between Noah & Brooke. I really think Red has done enough to be in the finale.

Rob

Beach Bum
I was not impressed with Noah at all last night. He can sing, but the stomping with the same hand gesture over and over
did not draw me in.

I'd be happy with any of Addison, Brooke, Chloe winning.

taf2002

I do not want Blake to win again. He gloats too much & he does it in such a way that it sounds like HE won & the singer had little to do with it. Adam gloats too but it seems like he gives the singer most of the credit.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Given how they've changed the voting, I expect one of the younger contestants to win.

moebius

Noah was so close getting into the finals. He was leading at least half of the time during the twitter save. He was off key during the instant save performance. Maybe that is why he lost it to Red. But then again, Red probably Red has all the Blake fans voting for him. So maybe it wouldn't have mattered if Noah sang well or not.

Chloe's version of 'I Want To Know What Love Is' is okay. I like Hunter Plake's version better. Still can't believe that Hunter didn't make it to the finals in addition to Lauren Duski not winning (wasn't a fan, but expected her to win based on iTunes sales)

Last edited:

Rob

Beach Bum
I think Falling Slowly was a great choice for Adam and Addison's duet. Beyond that I didn't have time to pay enough attention so I don't know who I like for the win.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Chloe had two really good performances. Her duet with Blake suffered in comparison.
Addison seemed a bit all over the place in her cover and duet, but her single was stunning. The only downside is that the single sounded more country than alt-folk.
Brooke's single didn't appeal to me, but she nailed O Holy Night. I think doing Wrecking Ball for the duet was a mistake as she sounded more like a back up singer.
Red's commitment was what stood out to me. The three songs couldn't have been more different and he showed a surprising amount of redneck range.

Based on performance and pimping, I think Chloe's got this unless there's a huge turnout from the other sectors.

flyingsit

Chloe definitely had the most pimping, but I thought her only actually good performance was the original song. Bette Davis Eyes was just karaoke -- she'd be a great lead singer for an 80s cover band, but that seems to be the only thing she's interested in musically.

I'm team Addison for sure.

Red's cover (To Make You Feel My Love) was the only song of his the entire season that I didn't fast-forward through. Brooke was great on O Holy Night, and it reminded me what I've disliked about most of her performances -- she has a gorgeous voice but she goes over the top every single time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information