The Viceland Network

Cachoo

I'm sorry to separate this out from the tv thread but I stumbled upon this network a few days ago and it is seriously wonderful. I wanted to know if anyone else has seen it. I always loved the "Vice" newscasts on HBO but I didn't realize they had their own channel. It is new here anyway. The programming is very fresh.

I just finished watching Ellen Page's "Gaycation." They went to Japan and it was nuanced and moving and informative. I've also watched a program about the emergence of the Black Plague in Madagascar, rape in Bangladesh (infuriating response from the local police) and a funny and informative "foodie" show called "F***, This is Delicious" hosted by an often stoned rapper named Action Bronson (he's always hungry.) They are especially on top of music and the legalization of marijuana. There are two programs on Kendrick Lamar and Compton and the music scene in Brazil that are especially interesting. This is all in the past 48 hours. And this is just the tip of the Viceland iceburg in terms of what is offered.

Is anyone else watching? I don't remember seeing any advertising for this. In March it just appeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information