The Tiger King Thread: for all you cool cats and kittens (SPOILERS)

Lacey

YES on Brad!!!

I have this terrible habit of watching TV while on my laptop. So I miss lots. 2020 ADD, a modern problem

This was not the best written program ever, lots of jumping around in this documentary.

So I am rewatching from the beginning.

Just as bizarre the second time around.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
I've actually been to Joe's tiger park, although I am now very glad that he wasn't personally there that day. I was not impressed with the facility and was taken aback when the employee explained Joe's theory on how to breed big cats until the saber tooth tiger was reborn. I had heard of tions and ligers before, but now we were seeing tiligers and liligers and who knows what else. At least the tiger cubs were cute.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I finished watching this last night. OMG bunch of trainwrecks. It was pretty watchable and the last two episodes were good. They are all pretty horrible people.

I did see a list of possible people to play the people in a film. It had David Spade as Joe. If they could an I, Tonya type of biopic it would really work.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The podcast uploaded episode 5 today. If they keep their pattern, they'll upload a bonus episode and then the final episode over the next few days.

antmanb

I'm not quite all the way through yet but have enjoyed it. None of the characters really come off well in the whole thing.

A friend said that she watched a documentary by Louis Theroux on Joe Exotic that she said was really interesting after watching this series. I think it's available on BBC iplayer.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
A friend said that she watched a documentary by Louis Theroux on Joe Exotic that she said was really interesting after watching this series. I think it's available on BBC iplayer.

Although I haven’t gone looking for it I believe it’s on Netflix as well.

meggonzo

Banned Member
3) Why does Baskin's ex-wife act like she's still his wife and entitled to be in his will in any substantial way?

I think you mean Don Lewis' ex-wife. Baskin is the new husband. I enjoyed their big cat cosplay.

I just binge watched the series last night. I haven't watched the special with Joel McHale yet. I'll probably watch it tonight and look through the other links in this thread.

I did read something today that Joe Exotic is not actually doing the singing in his videos.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Another article about the show that focuses on tiger conservation:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Too bad she's not getting the tigers. She could move them to her sanctuary.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Lowe didn't just leave them there. I know he says he's going to open that other park in OK but I think there is a good chance that will never happen.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I've been seeing a lot of articles about the rescuing of the tigers at Joe Exotic's zoo. Here is one about a sanctuary in Colorado that rescued 39 of them:

BaileyCatts

I still haven't watched the Tiger King series on Netflix yet, but there have been several takes on this story across network TV shows that I have watched (Animal Planet, ID Channel, 48 Hours, Oxygen, investigative news type of shows). I'm sorry but that man is just pure evil personified. He deserves to be in prison the rest of his life for the atrocious animal abuse alone. I don't know if this was in Tiger King or not, but there was a story that Saff Saffery told on one of those shows about a woman who had brought her horse to his 'zoo' in tears because she could no longer afford to feed him and just knew that 'Joe Exotic' would take such good care of her horse. Saff was right there and witnessed him fawn all over the woman about how well loved and cared for it would be. Minutes after she left the site, he walked right into the horse trailer, pulled out his gun and shot the horse dead right then and there, then had it cut up and fed it to the other animals. Those animals were kept in deplorable conditions. Two of the female lions that one show focused on that were rescued from his awful place had diseases the rescue vet had never seen before. He absolutely did not care one bit for those animals other than the money and notoriety it could bring him, and then killed them off when they were no longer useful or it cost too much to feed them. Oh and not to mention that whole taking a hit out on another person. I don't believe in any way he was set up. He knew exactly what he was doing and he wanted her dead because she was the cause of all the investigations that took away his claim to fame. He is a psychopath.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
They did talk about the horse on Tiger King. But not about some of the cats that were rescued. (Once they left the zoo, they didn't talk about them anymore.)

The documentary was very focused on Joe Exotic and often presented his POV without a lot of pushback. I think any critical thinker could see he treated the animals badly but I've seen morons online who swallowed his whole "my zoo and Carole Baskin's sanctuary are the same" line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information