The Technical Panel: Twizzles - Explaining the Levels

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Thanks everyone for your feedback and kind words on the Midnight Blues video. Here's the video explanation for Twizzles! Always interested in what's working and what's not for you as a viewer. Thanks again @tony for the inspiration! Next up, Lifts!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
When I tell you this is pages and pages of reading across multiple different documents randomly placed on the ISU site, in the typical unclear ISU verbiage... and then @thvu has it all simply condensed into 3 minutes... these videos truly are spectacular.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
They really are - and they'll be some of the first things I share with any casual friends who express a deeper interest in ice dance going forward. The first two have been superb!

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
When my girls skated in Canada you could see videos like this through their Skate Canada membership link. That was many years ago so their memberships are no longer active so not sure if they still have them.

Hanna

Skating junkie
Thanks everyone for your feedback and kind words on the Midnight Blues video. Here's the video explanation for Twizzles! Always interested in what's working and what's not for you as a viewer. Thanks again @tony for the inspiration! Next up, Lifts!

This is truly amazing, thank you so much! 😍

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Really helpful in breaking down the features. I did have to pause the video to read the graphics because they disappeared faster than I had anticipated.
This something I went back and forth on. I settled on keeping the momentum of the video knowing that people could pause.

You made me realize these hints on how to think about the levels would be useful to have handy. I’ll probably make some small graphic “cheat sheets” that I’ll link in the description and tweet out or something.

mjb52

Wow! I haven't watched yet, but I'm excited to check these videos out. Thank you so much.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Thank you for the excellent work, as always. I was wondering if you will be doing a series of videos tackling GOEs after you explain the levels for various elements.
I plan on it! I‘m going to finish up explaining the elements and levels, then part 2 follow ups on where the elements can go wrong. GOEs will come after that. I feel like those will have to inevitably call out crazy marks. :lol:

eusebius

Subscribed! @thvu these are awesome and i'm going to have to rewatch them multiple times to get my head around all this essential info! :cheer2:

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Thank you so much for your great videos! as I am a big ice dance fan this helps me a lot to keep learning about the technical aspect

I am sure MANY skaters will appreciate these videos once they get to them

Debrah

Thank you so much for your wonderful, informative videos! Looking forward to the next one.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I would actually love to see some videos explaining levels 1, 2, and 3. Specifically, I'd like to see examples of a top team making a mistake so we could understand how that mistake would cause them to lose the levels that they did, i.e. why did they get a level 2 and not a 3 for an interruption?

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I would actually love to see some videos explaining levels 1, 2, and 3. Specifically, I'd like to see examples of a top team making a mistake so we could understand how that mistake would cause them to lose the levels that they did, i.e. why did they get a level 2 and not a 3 for an interruption?
I’m planning on a part 2 video for each element that goes over this!

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I’m planning on a part 2 video for each element that goes over this!
Can't wait to see Part 2 for the Twizzles. Sometimes the mistake (balance check) is obvious but other times I've missed what caused the level for one of the skaters to drop on their twizzles.

canbelto

Wonderful video! I do have a question: is there a team whose twizzles are considered the chef's kiss in terms of speed, rotation, positions?

VGThuy

Wonderful video! I do have a question: is there a team whose twizzles are considered the chef's kiss in terms of speed, rotation, positions?
When Alla Shekhovtsova and the ISU ice dance technical committee did their meeting at 2018 Worlds explaining +5s, when it they showed examples of Twizzles that should "for sure" receive +5, they used Virtue/Moir (Moulin Rouge to be exact) and the Shibs (their Paradise FD if I remember correctly) as video examples. Of course, individual fans' may have their own ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information