The Technical Panel: Dance Lifts: Stationary, Straightline, & Curve - Explaining the Levels

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
You guys have been so awesome. I've incorporated some of the feedback into the new video, explaining the level for Stationary, Straightline, & Curve Lifts! The next video will focus on Rotational Lifts (andthe three different ways to earn levels!) Thanks again! :40beers:

Hanna

Skating junkie
This is truly excellent work and without a doubt helpful for so many! :love: Thank you! If I were you I'd be expecting a contact from ISU for copyrights in no time. :sekret:

Also, it's making me miss so many retired skaters. :wuzrobbed Cappellini/Lanotte, for example.

BittyBug

Disgusted
Thank you! I loved the way you broke it down in slo mo, because I definitely didn't notice all the features the first two times. :slinkaway

Question: How are combo lifts assessed - individually (like jump combos)? Or is there a bonus for combining lifts?

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Question: How are combo lifts assessed - individually (like jump combos)? Or is there a bonus for combining lifts?
I was going to do a video in that after rotational lifts. Basically, you call the two lifts separately. If the lifts are L2 or higher, they share their entry/exit feature(s) with the other lift, and upgrade the levels accordingly.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
This is truly excellent work and without a doubt helpful for so many! :love: Thank you! If I were you I'd be expecting a contact from ISU for copyrights in no time. :sekret:

Also, it's making me miss so many retired skaters. :wuzrobbed Cappellini/Lanotte, for example.
That would be so on brand for the ISU. :drama:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
That would be so on brand for the ISU. :drama:
I noticed you didn't use their music so, hopefully, that will be enough. Another trick is to change the color balance slightly or to put a border around the video.

ETA the boxes you are putting over the video with your notes work too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information