The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I wasn’t sure where to post this request but this seemed like the best place to start. Are there videos anywhere online of the Love on the Floor show that Dai, Meryl, and Charlie did? I remember watching the whole show online the summer it premiered but can’t find it now. I only found a highlights package on YouTube. I searched FSVids and didn’t see anything.

Andrea82

Shawn Rettstatt (USA), Marie Bowness (Canada) and Joanna Budner (Poland) are the callers for Euros.
The ever-present Csaba Balint from Hungary is the Referee.

Bowness and Budner were both at Finnish GP this season.
Rettstattt was at JGP Egna, Skate America and University Winter Games.
Balint was the Referee at JGP Courchevel, JGP Riga, Budapest Trophy, Trophé de Nice, Ice Challenge, Golden Spin. And judge at Mezzaluna Cup.

Last edited:

Dobre

The battle for bronze at Euros will be interesting to see unfold.
Yes, it should be interesting.

Also it's quite something that Finland has a real contender at a Europeans it is hosting. (It's been about 28 years since Rahkamo & Kokko's last European medal). It would be asking a lot for Turkkila & Versluis to medal here, as there are quite a few contenders. But it's interesting nonetheless. I'm thinking maybe Reed & Ambrulevicius have the edge. I'm sure France is rooting for Lopareva & Brissaud. And the Czechs have a shot too. All teams with some pluses & some rocky past performances. So we see who steps up, hopefully with two solid skates. The finishes for the younger French team and the Georgians should be interesting as well.

And the mermaid & the sailor program is one of my favorite FDs this season.

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member

Also it's quite something that Finland has a real contender at a Europeans it is hosting. (It's been about 18 years since Rahkamo & Kokko's last European medal). It would be asking a lot for Turkkila & Versluis to medal here, as there are quite a few contenders. But it's interesting nonetheless. I'm thinking maybe Reed & Ambrulevicius have the edge. I'm sure France is rooting for Lopareva & Brissaud. And the Czechs have a shot too. All teams with some pluses & some rocky past performances. So we see who steps up, hopefully with two solid skates. The finishes for the younger French team and the Georgians should be interesting as well.

And the mermaid & the sailor program is one of my favorite FDs this season.
I think Finland only has one slot for dance. :(

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

Also it's quite something that Finland has a real contender at a Europeans it is hosting. (It's been about 18 years since Rahkamo & Kokko's last European medal).
I know time flies, but it's been 28 years ;)

I remember this performance well, as it was one the commentators really dug into about their dislike of the music/choreo.

Dobre

I remember this performance well, as it was one the commentators really dug into about their dislike of the music/choreo.
Thank you. It's late and my math skills are not so hot at this hour;). I'll edit above.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins

Was that their Beatles program? (ostensibly boring for them) And commentators didn't like it? :lol:

I didn't realize R&K won Europeans in 1995, either. I'm a bad fan. Excuse me while I go watch their Valse Triste for the 100000th time instead, again.

ostile17

I wasn’t sure where to post this request but this seemed like the best place to start. Are there videos anywhere online of the Love on the Floor show that Dai, Meryl, and Charlie did? I remember watching the whole show online the summer it premiered but can’t find it now. I only found a highlights package on YouTube. I searched FSVids and didn’t see anything.

LOFT 2016 1/2

LOTF 2016 2/2

On the same account you can also find LOTF 2017

yurokis40

Chock and bates 91 For one of the worst rd`s of the year not a hint of latin and Bates looks so goofy dancing this, slow twizzles.
If Piper and Paul had gotten that score at their own nationals people on this board would be up in arms, no amount of usfs politicking can save chock and bates and that free dance fire and what again. Its P2`s year unless Piper hasn`t recovered but from the looks of it she has.

On My Own

Chock and bates 91 For one of the worst rd`s of the year not a hint of latin and Bates looks so goofy dancing this, slow twizzles.
If Piper and Paul had gotten that score at their own nationals people on this board would be up in arms, no amount of usfs politicking can save chock and bates and that free dance fire and what again. Its P2`s year unless Piper hasn`t recovered but from the looks of it she has.
Yaas! you are so right, queen! 👑 You go slay those losers! keep it real, babeh gurl

sap5

Can someone tell me why C/P received a level two for their PSt last night?
If no one can guess, can anyone tell me off the top of their head how the tech panel looks at the PSt for levels. I know I can look at the handbook, but if anyone already understands what the panel is looking at, that would be great.

litenkyckling

If no one can guess, can anyone tell me off the top of their head how the tech panel looks at the PSt for levels. I know I can look at the handbook, but if anyone already understands what the panel is looking at, that would be great.
Off the top of my head 2 difficult turns each? So PSt score = W score + M score

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Off the top of my head 2 difficult turns each? So PSt score = W score + M score
That’s pretty much it. And for Level 4, they need 3 different dance holds and all turns must be clean. The requirements are pretty shallow, but the calls are pretty strict. Only the first of one of the required difficult turns counts. For example, a partner’s first two turns could be a counter/rocker combination, and that could occur easily in a couple of seconds. That’s the entirety of the required steps done for that partner, and every subsequent step is more or less irrelevant. They would not count at all in helping to gain levels. There could be 15 more difficult turns and it wouldn’t matter. In fact, every subsequent step or turn makes it less likely the element will be called level 4, as to be called a level 4, all steps and turns need to be 100% clean.

This is usually why you don’t see a lot of level 4 calls on the Pattern D Steps. Panels are pretty much looking for any reason not to call a step clean, or see a hold as not fully established.

Last edited:

VGThuy

Ice dance calling is on a different level of scrutiny. They don’t want to hand out level 4s with some exceptions (like 2016 Worlds haha).

sap5

That’s pretty much it. And for Level 4, they need 3 different dance holds and all turns must be clean. The requirements are pretty shallow, but the calls are pretty strict. Only the first of one of the required difficult turns counts. For example, a partner’s first two turns could be a counter/rocker combination, and that could occur easily in a couple of seconds. That’s the entirety of the required steps done for that partner, and every subsequent step is more or less irrelevant. They would not count at all in helping to gain levels. There could be 15 more difficult turns and it wouldn’t matter. In fact, every subsequent step or turn makes it less likely the element will be called level 4, as to be called a level 4, all steps and turns need to be 100% clean.

This is usually why you don’t see a lot of level 4 calls on the Pattern D Steps. Panels are pretty much looking for any reason not to call a step clean, or see a hold as not fully established.
So when does the PSt start and end? Can you get all the turns done in a few seconds and then move on to the next element?

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
So when does the PSt start and end? Can you get all the turns done in a few seconds and then move on to the next element?
From a stop, it starts on the short axis, on the side opposite the judges or on the judges side, doesn’t matter (I’m sure there will be some season in the future where it will). Teams must complete one full loop in either direction. The element stops being called when they pass the starting point after completing a full loop.

Dobre

I'm utterly behind on this thread, but I just want to say :swoon: that RD performance by Guignard & Fabbri was so utterly fabulous. Sharp. As I have believed they would get to all season. And absolute attack while under great pressure.

My Mom this morning while we were watching the start of that program: "Her weapon of choice. Marco."

yurokis40

Just watched the awful rd by the browns at their nationals , how the hell did this team beat bashynska and beaumont for the world junior title last year judges must have been drunk or bought off by usfs.
The Italians at euros I like them but that rd ain`t it.
The brits have improved Lilah skates better Tessa Virtue has done wonders.
I love the tashlers and hope they and the finns beat the overrated green and parsons at worlds.

VGThuy

Just watched the awful rd by the browns at their nationals , how the hell did this team beat bashynska and beaumont for the world junior title last year judges must have been drunk or bought off by usfs.
I love the tashlers and hope they and the finns beat the overrated green and parsons at worlds.
Aka I hate all teams that threaten my precious Canadians.

litenkyckling

I don't mean to be rude - but your comments "ain't it". We're all here as fans of ice dance - it's important to be respectful of all athletes, whether you like them or not. Maybe find a different outlet for these kinds of comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information