The Craziness Continues

once_upon

Better off than 2020
When I worked at Canadian Tire in Guelph we had a customer come in and by a cannister of paint thinner, then walk to the parking lot, call 911 and drink the paint thinner.
Yep. And get hospitalization for IV alcohol

The poison control director I worked with would talk about it.

sk9tingfan

A picture says a thousand words:🚽✈️

Really:

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
If the Big Red Dog saw this rolling around on a beach, he'd go after it thinking it was a toy!

Try as he might, Reza Baluchi can't reach his destination without running afoul of the U.S. Coast Guard.

The key problem is his vessel: a giant floating hamster wheel made of buoys and wire, self-propelled by Baluchi running inside.

Baluchi, who lives in Florida after being granted asylum from Iran, was taken in by the Coast Guard last week aboard his vessel, following several days of back and forth with the authorities.

According to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. district court in South Florida, the Coast Guard cutter Valiant came across Baluchi and his homemade vessel about 70 nautical miles east of Tybee Island, Ga., on Aug. 26 as the Coast Guard was preparing for Hurricane Franklin.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Have you ever been near a table of people slamming down alcohol? Who then proceed to vomit?

It has to be obvious to anyone that this must have been more than one incidence. It does take time to throughly clean and discourages other diners from staying or coming back. Not everyone is charged the fee - only patrons who do vomit in public spaces.

I was at a wine tasting last year, where there were 12 free tastings. The bridal party at our table slammed them down like shots - they had no desire to really participate in the tasting, just drink. They had been drinking at several wineries and in the rented limo all afternoon.

ETA - it's not a "fruits and nuts" type of policy. It's economic sense

sk9tingfan

Have you ever been near a table of people slamming down alcohol? Who then proceed to vomit?

It has to be obvious to anyone that this must have been more than one incidence. It does take time to throughly clean and discourages other diners from staying or coming back. Not everyone is charged the fee - only patrons who do vomit in public spaces.

I was at a wine tasting last year, where there were 12 free tastings. The bridal party at our table slammed them down like shots - they had no desire to really participate in the tasting, just drink. They had been drinking at several wineries and in the rented limo all afternoon.

ETA - it's not a "fruits and nuts" type of policy. It's economic sense
Should not have labeled it with a disparaging remark. I approve of this. I was active in Tall Clubs International for many years and a large segment of their members were heavily into drinking. I was not and neither was my local chapter. That being said, I both attended and ran events, i.e. individual, weekends and conventions. I always resented the need to factor in a large portion of event costs and/prices to cover the open bars that pervaded these; btw, people wouldn't attend without them. Can you imagine having to provide 10 days of liquor for over 300 people; tall/large ones?

Barbara Manatee

This is not going help my flying phobia -

Off-duty Alaska Airlines pilot charged with 83 counts of attempted murder in alleged engine shutdown attempt​

• Alaska Airlines said a San Francisco-bound plane diverted to Portland after an off-duty Alaska pilot tried to interfere with the engines.
  • A recording of the incident appeared to show a pilot of the flight say that the person tried to shut the engines down.
:scream:

sk9tingfan

I think that this is a more generic problem in Italy than we think..

This contrasts with their American counterparts:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Oh gosh. That almost made me gag, @sk9tingfan. I didn't, but it reminded me of something that actually happened around 1992. Whenever my stepmom and I would go to the mall in Shreveport, we would stop and eat at El Chico before we left on our way home.

I always ordered the Chicken Enchilada dinner with their house dressing for the chips. It was always good except for one particular time. Now mind you, it couldn't be seen inside the Enchilada even after I cut off a portion to eat. When I began to chew I bit down on a wingnut, and it broke off part of one of my jaw teeth.

If any of you don't know what a wingnut is, here's a picture of it from Wikipedia. It's the middle one in the picture on the left.

I was freaking out and had the wingnut and half of my broken off tooth in my hand. My stepmom yelled at the waiter to come over to the table. The waiter started apologizing and said that they had wondered what happened to the wingnut that was on their chicken shredder!

The supervisor came to the table and told me that they would pay for any dental work I needed and gave me a year's worth of free coupons to eat at El Chico. I accepted and told them not to worry about a lawsuit.

I did have to get my jaw tooth pulled, and after that happened, I always asked any time I went to a Mexican restaurant if the wingnuts on their chicken shredder were tight and secure. The waiters always looked a little curious as to why I asked that, but they would assure me that the wingnuts were secure. I would then tell the waiter that was great and ordered the Chicken Enchilada dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information