The Bachelor Season 20---Ben H's search for love

Catherine M

Well I'm not going to lie, I really, really, really enjoyed watching last night's 20th anniversary special. Well I could do without the stupid plot line of whether Jared was going to take Ashley's virginity on national TV but the rest was all a lot of fun.

Jade was just beautiful and the look on Tanner's face when he saw her come down those stairs is probably one of the most real moments ever on any Bachelor show. Wish them all the best and hope for lots of cute Janner babies in their future. Guess it goes to show you if you are good people and TPTB like you alot, ABC will give you your dream wedding with Seal singing your first dance song. Take note future contestants!

Can't wait for Riley Mesnick and Ford Rosenbaum to be on Bachelor Season 45!

Rob

Beach Bum
My satellite went out during Emily's visit with the parents, but I caught enough of her babbling to mom that I was kind of glad it went out. The one-sided nature was probably editing, but it was getting cringeworthy.

It came back on just in time for "I don't like vegetables," which is right up there with "other than shopping, I like bears."

Catherine M

So you wonder why folks want to be on this show, there's an article on US Weekly's site that Jade & Tanner will make over $1 million dollars for the items they promote on their social media accounts. I think it does help that they are both very likeable as I can't see the Olivias and JJs of the franchise getting that amount of cash.

Add to the money they probably got from ABC for televising their wedding, its going to be a very good year for the Tolberts.

I Luv Bulldogs

Hometowns! Do all these people really live in these beautiful homes? Are they rented? Staged? And why were Jojo and her mom sitting on the bed with their shoes on. Ewwww I couldn't even concentrate on their convo.

Caila's mom was pretty and youthful looking. On the opposite end we have Jojo's mom. Yikes too much plastic surgery. I think Ben got a good glimpse of what "his future wife" will look like in 25 years.

Did anyone catch Jojo's mom swigging from the bottle in the kitchen scene?? Lol.

Catherine M

JoJo's parents are really rich--her Dad is a leading doctor in Dallas so their McMansion wasn't a surprise. Her brother Ben, the taller one, was on "Ready for Love" on NBC back in 2013 and ended up proposing to his girl but didn't marry her. Pilot Jake is one of his friends and he dated Jamie Otis of Ben F's season, Bachelor Pad and Married at First sight" fame. So this family has been around reality TV A LOT and knows what is up.

And her ex Chad has some big salon and is looking for some extra publicity so I'm sure that's why he agreed to participate in this episode. An ex contestant tweeted out last night that you have to give all the intel on your exes when you are cast including their phone numbers. So any of the girls could have had the "ex pops up on the hometown date" storyline. It just happened to be JoJo that was the lucky one. I wanted it to be the guy that Caila dumped to go off and "date" Ben after seeing him on her TeeVee.

Caila has beautiful hair but I can't get past the fake pretty pink princess act she is putting on. And enough with wanting to be the next Bachelorette, its annoying.

For a minute, I thought that Lauren's sister Mollie was going to tell Ben to dump her sister and start to date ME instead. It was weird how much flirting she was doing.

Did not feel sorry for Amanda to get sent back to reality as a 26 year old is NOT ready for an instant family of two toddlers, no matter how cute they are in pigtails. And please, please, please do not go to Paradise this summer to find their new father!!

Catherine M

Bump for tonight's big finale.

Should be good, just to see Mama Ben's face when she's told that her dear boy is "in love" with two women at the same time. Hee.

And tons of rumors going around about who the next Bachelorette is going to be. Reality Steve was sure it was Caila but even he has backed away from that news now. I just hope its not Andi 2.0 as she's been hanging out in LA for awhile and badly wants to do the show again.

Catherine M

Update on the next Bachelorette:

RS has a new blog up this morning. Said that Caila found out 3 days ago that she was NOT going to be the Bachelorette, after filming her introduction piece with her family and friends in Ohio. They did the same thing to Nick and Arie in the past so nothing new there but she is really upset as she was counting on the bachelorette gig to increase her brand and now she goes back into the reject pile. When will these people learn to never, ever trust Fleiss and his minions!?!?

Wonder if she'll show up in Paradise now!!?

For those wondering, he says that tonight's final 2 is the new Bachelorette. Haven't had final 2 be the one since I guess DeAnna so that's something new. So at least its not Andi 2.0!

Rob

Beach Bum
I think JoJo will be much more interesting than Caila, but I was kind of hoping it would
be Caila so I could stop watching. I'll wind up watch JoJo.

Catherine M

JoJo's season started filming last night.

On paper her season should be a good one so I'll be tuning in to see how it all unfolds.

Have no idea if Ben & Lauren will buck the trend and make it as a couple. Guess time will tell!

PeterG

Have no idea if Ben & Lauren will buck the trend and make it as a couple. Guess time will tell!

Hopefully they can make it work until Ben has done at least a couple of routines on DWTS wearing Maks' leftover leather pants. :grope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information