The ALL NEW Youtube thread!!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Just got through uploading videos from another unlabeled VHS tape of mine to 2001 Divas On Ice. It was great watching this show again. I was really impressed with Nancy Kerrigan's two programs.

It's one of very few times that I've seen Nancy actually having fun and enjoying her skating!

Nancy skates to the music, Strongest Suit in her first program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JzBA1fKgCc

She skates to Please Help Me, I'm Falling sung by Gladys Knight in her second program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECSsBHd9Kw

Rock2

This may have come up someplace else but I can't find any of the Japan Open skates on youtube from 2014. Specifically, Chan's Chopin skate. have they all been pulled down?

viennese

wrecked
Thank you so much for the 1970 World Championship videos. I'm impressed by the consistent speed in the top long programs, and the interesting and difficult entries into double axels and jump series. Amazing height on the split leaps!

I remember Patricia Dodd from John Curry's company. Check out her elegant, modern-looking dress - totally different from everyone else's. Tres chic.

Meoima

Hi everyone, I am looking for a video if Robin Cousins at WC 1977 when he had a terrible fall and had to be carried away while the music was still playing, and he had to have surgeries after that on both his legs.
Anyone has the video? Could you please share the link?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
:GnP1:Here's Grishuk & Platov's "Memorial" program in its original form:

http://youtu.be/5hhw7Jyr9gk

A total masterpiece, I love this so much more than what became of the program throughout the year. Yes he completely ate sh!t, but the difficulty of the choreography even by today's standards is incredible. I had no clue the spread eagle through the legs section originally had way more difficulty like this. :wideeyes: I also loved the costumes and felt they were better suited to the mood of the program, they set a tone of the scene of the program IMO. This program in its original form was absolutely stellar. (I liked it later on but not as much as this one)

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
A total masterpiece, I love this so much more than what became of the program throughout the year. Yes he completely ate sh!t, but the difficulty of the choreography even by today's standards is incredible. I had no clue the spread eagle through the legs section originally had way more difficulty like this. :wideeyes: I also loved the costumes and felt they were better suited to the mood of the program, they set a tone of the scene of the program IMO. This program in its original form was absolutely stellar.

:eek: :eek:

Great find.

I too, love this version significantly more than what we saw at Euros and Olympics.

I mean the combination of the WHITE hair, purple smock hoodie, and the :drama: prayer after the skate deserves a 5.9 for presentation all on it's own.

I wonder why they changed the spread eagle series and the final lifts, too. This was much more exciting and intricate in this version.

We really need another dancer on Pasha's level (batshit crazy, insanely good, and with the level 10 drama) again. I'd get back into dance instantly!

papa_pl

Banned Member
Figure Skating: Ideal I-Spin Virtuosos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woBz0PY4w-8
Often, in everyday life, even among very young girls, clad in soft white figure skates, with fancy pigtails and funny bunches, there is an strongly term "lipa", when referred to this spin... Perfect i-spin. Or a ''pencil'' with full tightening. Its prehistory began in the late 90s of the last century, in the era of gutta-percha american girl with Odessa roots Sasha Cohen. It was the first time when Sasha was as close as possible to the twine corner of the cherished one hundred and eighty degrees. This long baton with a touch of "almost" then picked up a lot, from Czech Nella Simaova to Japanese Miki Ando. The real story of a perfect ''pencil'' was created by Luxembourg skater Fleur Maxwell: she is a pioneer in executing this item with a perfect vertical longitudinal twine. Later her Ukrainian counterpart Anastasiya Kononenko supported Fleur's initiative, she became the second, who resigned the perfect ''pencil''. After another couple of years to its credit it could be written as the perfect embodiment of the American Tyler Pierce. And then came the turn of Yulia Lipnitskaya... Today, in addition to the aforementioned ''pencil''-girls there are three Russians who ideally possess this element: Natalia Ogoreltseva, Elizaveta Nugumanova and Anastasia Mukhortova. In the near future the number of owners of the ideal i-spin will only grow steadily since its absolute version is becoming very popular in Russia and in the whole world. In the new millennium there are new names, new developments, new results...

aftershocks

Banned Member
Can someone upload videos of past U.S. Nationals pairs teams from the 1980s and 1990s? :)

I'm hoping someone might have footage of Jim Peterson with either or both of his former partners: Natalie Vlandis and/ or Laura Handy.

Seerek

3axel1996 has always been a great source of historical videos, but his latest addition from this morning caught me a little bit by surprise...Complete Dramatic Falls Compilation of Anna Pogorilaya?

gk_891

:GnP1:Here's Grishuk & Platov's "Memorial" program in its original form:

http://youtu.be/5hhw7Jyr9gk

A total masterpiece, I love this so much more than what became of the program throughout the year. Yes he completely ate sh!t, but the difficulty of the choreography even by today's standards is incredible. I had no clue the spread eagle through the legs section originally had way more difficulty like this. :wideeyes: I also loved the costumes and felt they were better suited to the mood of the program, they set a tone of the scene of the program IMO. This program in its original form was absolutely stellar. (I liked it later on but not as much as this one)

That fall was scary. You can see in the slow-mo that they clashed blades and you can also see how close his face got to her skates.

I once read that the wild lift at the end may have been illegal. If that's true, it's a shame because it was a major highlight. They had a somewhat similar lift in The Feeling Begins a year earlier. At Worlds, they didn't skate it and I thought it was due to an error. But then I saw footage of them at Worlds practicing and I vaguely remember seeing them skate that 'improvised' lift rather than wild head-banger one. So if that lift was indeed illegal in some way, I guess they took it out strategically.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
3axel1996 has always been a great source of historical videos, but his latest addition from this morning caught me a little bit by surprise...Complete Dramatic Falls Compilation of Anna Pogorilaya?

And it's the third Pogorilaya fall compilation video he's done! :rofl: Must be a fan!?

He deserves to have some fun after recently uploading (and watching, I presume) Tara Ferguson and Keyla Ohs from the 1998 Grand Prix series. Holy shit--I knew things were rough for Canadian ladies were back then, but I didn't realize how bad they actually were. :eek: And now silver and bronze at Worlds, how far we've come! :respec:

Limonite

For the Mishkutenok & Dmitriev fans, this is their LP from the 1994 Goodwill Games in Saint Petersburg. I know their performance at the 1994 Olympics was way better, but what I like about this video is listening to Dick Button praising it; he was so excited about the passion of the program. I just love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlfAcHvCLvM

DDNatalia

Surprised USFS hasn't stepped it up with their youtube channel. They have rights to a lot of great programs. What's the harm in posting them at THIS point, as in (in many cases) YEARS later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information