The ALL NEW Youtube thread!!

Loves_Shizuka

It's nothing new or anything, but I just want to post this performance of Shizuka to 'Ave Maria' from the Japan Super Challenge. She really is the one skater I could watch all day; her basics are sublime. At the risk of sounding like a mad uber, her skating touches me like literally no-one else's. Anyone agree she's getting MORE beautiful as she gets older? :shizuka1: :glamor:

Oh and catch-foot into 3lutz! :D

OK, enough, gushing :eek: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqrhRBEoY4Q

BigB08822

Nice skate from Shizuka! Too bad she isn't coming back, she can still do the jumps and with difficult entrances to boot. Did she ever lose her eligibility? I wonder if she would consider coming back if she skated for ANY country besides Japan?

Loves_Shizuka

Even if she could I doubt she'd want to come back. She won the two biggest things she could and even they came as a surprise. She's said more than once that she hated competition and much preferred to skate in shows, even before she won worlds and the OGM. She's clearly very happy in what she's doing now; and how could she top 04 and 06?! :)

icenut84

I recently found a DVD that I forgot I even had, of the 2008 Europeans gala. (I don't think I even watched it at the time! I must have lost it.) Anyway, I watched it the other night and absolutely LOVED Sarah Meier's performance to Amelie. I couldn't find it on YouTube but found the vid of her performing it at Festa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbCs2Mb0ymo

I just think it's absolutely beautiful. Especially near the beginning where she does a long sequence of turns to the music, just stunning.

:swoon:

bardtoob

1992 WC Ladies SP Chen Lu

When this music actually suited her skating. She should have changed it for the 1992-93 season because she was so much more elegant by then.

This was supposed to be her 1992-93 season SP, music performed by Jean Pierre Rampal.

Lu Chen Skate America 1992 short program

If she had used this SP rather than that Beetle Juice and Unchained Melody SP at 1993 World she probably would have won.

Last edited:

Erin

Banned Member
Klimova & Ponamarenko's OSP from 1989 Worlds really put the Charlestons from this season to shame:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko44GUtLbG0

Wynne & Druar had a really good Charleston, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUzHjLkGstw&feature=related&pos=5

And the Duchesnays showed why I get nervous about any skaters that have used hats, scarves, etc. in the ODs the past couple of years:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86VfIqFAjY&feature=related&pos=1
Toller Cranston's commentary on the Duchesnays' program is particularly entertaining - tell us how you really feel Toller!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am still looking for Plushenko's new program skated to Chopin's music from the movie 'The Pianist'. Strangely I can't find it when I do a search on Youtube. Can someone post a link to this? Thanks in advance.

franzlfan

I am still looking for Plushenko's new program skated to Chopin's music from the movie 'The Pianist'. Strangely I can't find it when I do a search on Youtube. Can someone post a link to this? Thanks in advance.

Main Theme (Nocturne in C-Sharp Minor, Op20), apparently Plushenko is using this piece for his short program. I don't know if there's any video of his complete program but there're two clips of him skating to it.

Also, Carron/Jost used a different version of this piece for their 07-08 season FD.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Main Theme (Nocturne in C-Sharp Minor, Op20), apparently Plushenko is using this piece for his short program. I don't know if there's any video of his complete program but there're two clips of him skating to it.

Also, Carron/Jost used a different version of this piece for their 07-08 season FD.

Thanks for the links. Chopin's nocturne in c sharp minor is one of my favorite pieces of music. I have it on the couple of CDs. One of them is by the real life Wladislaw Szpilman, on whose story the movie Pianist is based on. I Hope Zhenya keeps this music for his SP.

sk8tingfan

Klimova & Ponamarenko's OSP from 1989 Worlds really put the Charlestons from this season to shame:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko44GUtLbG0

Thanks for that link! What a great programme from K/P. It makes me kind of miss that era of skating because now so many of the OD programmes are so frantic it isn't always enjoyable to watch. This however was just beautiful pure skating, fun choreography, and great character.

sk8tingfan

Thanks! That was great!

Seeing this almost makes me wish that singles skaters could use music with lyrics for their competetive programmes. I think it would have the potential to open up the style of skating using a lot of more modern dance elements (without resorting to the typical The Feeling Begins "pseudo-modern" style that seems to pass for contemporary in skating these days) and I would love to see Johnny and other brave skaters dance like this in competition. It may also draw in new and younger fans.

OTOH, I hate to think of all the syrupy sweet ballads the little girls would use. That would be pretty unbearable.

Sorry for slightly OT.

Seerek

Wow, were the only required elements the 3 jumps, 2 spins and a footwork sequence?

Yes, I think for at least the 1972-73 and 1973-74 seasons, there were only 6 required elements in the short program (someone please correct me if not right)

shan

I've heard of Holly Cook but had never seen any of her programs. She had a great double axel!

shan

Yulia Vorobieva 1998 Worlds LP- Brace yourself because Uncle Dick and Terry are jerks during this very enjoyable program.

Yeah, he just dissected every perceived flaw in her prg. How many ways can you say "she's not going to get good marks"... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information