The Adam Rippon Good News Thread

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively

aftershocks

Banned Member
Go AdaRipp! Get your boogie on at U.S. Nationals!!! :cheer:

I wish you a wonderful balance between attack and inner calm. You can do it!

care bear

In his career he proved to be a strong competitor, so in this sense I wish him to skate his best in the FS! Good luck!

aftershocks

Banned Member
Adam will just be turning 25 this year I believe, so he still has youth and a bit of time to continue. It will be up to him whether he decides that he has more to give, and more he wants to accomplish.

Sending lots of love to Adam and many thanks for the beautiful moments and memories he gave us this season, and in past seasons. You are a wonderful skater, Adam, and you have the goods. Believe in yourself, and learn from the pressures of this season. Go with what's in your heart. It's always important to listen to yourself and to know that you are ready to do battle when the big moments come -- there's no room for self-doubt.

No matter whether or not the Olympic dream is still within your reach, you still have the opportunity to compete and to shine if that's what's in your heart. Lots of factors go into making competitive decisions, and it's necessary to figure out the personal costs and the sacrifices, but don't ever give up on yourself and what you truly desire to accomplish. :saint:

E.A. Week

I really hope Adam takes advantage of the opportunity to go to 4CC and skates his best. Bittersweet consolation, I'm sure, but if he intends to continue competing, he needs to let the USFSA know he's still serious. A good finish there might net him good GP assignments for next fall. He's young enough and seems healthy; he could continue to 2018 if he wants.

Primorskaya

Well apparently Aruntunian wants him to keep going for another two seasons at least.
I'm very disappointed for him, but not in him. It's too bad the pressure got to him like that. He's never been as good as this season, and there's no reason he wouldn't keep on improving technically, and get his nerves under control. Everything else is just pretty perfect as it is imo ;)

Jammers

I can't see Rippon making it till 2018. To many young skaters like Josh Farris and Jason Brown will just continue to get better and better and they have age on their side. Plus i have no doubt that they will both master the quad making them hard to beat.

Marco

I am so upset for Rippon because he has finally gotten the 3axel down for the most part only to have the jump fail him at Nationals. Otherwise he has it all. Wonderful programs, natural expression, beautiful spins, soft basics.

Didn't he win 4CCs in 2010? Time to repeat.

Kelvster

Yes, disappointed for Adam as well. But even going into the free, he probably knew that it would be a long shot. OTOH, Richard Dornbush was probably a lot more devastated ...

Anyway, all the best to Adam. Hope he can make another World appearance.

centerpt1

My dream Olympic men's team was Adam and Jeremy.

What did happen to Adam? He did so well on the GP, but looked uncomfortable at Nationals. Is he injured?

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ I believe it was the enormous pressure and expectations. The nerves seemed to lead him to forgetting his 3-axel technique, plus he didn't make an effort to go for the quad at all. Perhaps the quad was not solidly under his belt. But if you nix doing that element you planned all year to be competitive, then skating cleanly is crucial.

On the positive side, all disappointing experiences are redemptive if there are lessons one can learn and apply. Failure is not the end of the world; look up quotes about failure and you will find a treasure trove of great wisdom. Yes, time and opportunity are limited in figure skating, but sport is not an island within itself (meaning use what you learn to go forward in life and in figure skating if Adam desires to continue with skating, and I hope he does).

Sylvia

TBD
ONE YEAR LATER ... bumping up for the now two-time U.S. Silver medalist! :)

2 Adam Rippon, SC of New York 84.71 (5th in SP) 187.77 (1st in FS) 272.48 (Total)

2015 Nationals FS protocols: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/2015_us_fs_champs/SEGM018.html
Adam received 6 10s from 3 judges.

ETA:

He has been named to both the 2015 Four Continents and World teams.

From Sunday's warmup before the FS via Jackie Wong (examinerskating) on Twitter:
WATCH: Clean quad lutz (!!!) just now from Adam Rippon exm.nr/1GCxUCH #NC2015 vine.co/v/OTqlrBnDZz6

This recap article includes NBC's official videos of both Brown's and Rippon's free skates: http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/20...-skating-nationals-us-championships-olympics/

From Adam's Instagram:
Mens podium selfie! #nc2015
http://instagram.com/p/yTaWfQPYxX/

Last edited:

kittyjake5

Thrilled for Adam. The last couple of seasons especially last season was so difficult for him
and seeing his sadness in the K&C was heartbreaking, but not today his smile was glorious, not only
did he have the best FS of the competition imo he gets the best dressed award!

Allskate

Yaaaay for the program. Boo to the lutz downgrade.

I understand the downgrade, but it was so close and so beautiful. I hope he nails it at Worlds. But, downgrade or not, that was the best program I've ever seen him skate.

Last edited:

E.A. Week

I am so happy! I've enjoyed Adam's skating for five years now, but had kind of lost hope he would ever be able to pull it all together. Never been so happy to be proven wrong. The US men's program seems to be finally getting its legs. I was so impressed with Adam's gutsy quad Lutz attempts. His programs are really beautiful, and he's such an impressive artist on the ice. Whatever he's done to improve his skating, I hope he continues with it. He really found his competitive fire with this event. My fingers will be crossed so hard for him at 4CC and Worlds.

KCC

Loved, loved, loved his LP! And when did Adam get those broad shoulders? Have I missed them all these years or does the shirt just show them off better? That man should be a model.

Skittl1321

Loved, loved, loved his LP! And when did Adam get those broad shoulders? Have I missed them all these years or does the shirt just show them off better? That man should be a model.

I totally agree with the model comment. His face looks like it came right out of a magazine.

I think his body shape has changed over the last 4-5 years, which makes sense based on his age. Most 25 year olds look a bit different than they do at 20.

He is a definitely the best looking guy in figure skating right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information