Thank you Canada tour Dec 2 on CTV

kalamalka

on the SCI broadcast today, they've been promoting a broadcast of the TYCT, November 24 at 8pm (has also just been noted in GSD in the TYCT thread)

Japanfan

"Post-production challenges"? I've never seen that reason before.

Suspicious.

'Post-production challenges' can usually be overcome. If the editing suite or sound studio have a technical failure, the producers can just replace or fix them. If a professional leaves for whatever reason, another one can be hired.

So, I wonder what's really going on.

I was really looking forward to this show. :(

Alvyne

I saw on my PVR a program called "Tessa and Scott special" that will air on December 27, on CTV2. I wonder if it's the TYCT. There is no description yet.

rvi5

My TV listing shows a “Tessa & Scott” at 8:00pm on CTV2 Dec. 27th. But it is described as their reality series.

ETA: ...however, it should be noted that my cable TV listing often has wrong movies or descriptions. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Skate Talker

Can't check to see what my listings say because no CTV2 in my market and with World Junior Championships (Hockey) starting boxing day, no figure skateing on any TSN channel either.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
For those anxiously waiting for the broadcast of The Thank You Canada Tour, originally scheduled for earlier this month:

From CTV Communications yesterday (via a Twitter message): "We do not have an updated broadcast date. Once post production is completed it will be re-added to our schedule."

starrynight

For those anxiously waiting for the broadcast of The Thank You Canada Tour, originally scheduled for earlier this month:

From CTV Communications yesterday (via a Twitter message): "We do not have an updated broadcast date. Once post production is completed it will be re-added to our schedule."

At least this sounds like a broadcast date will be happening?

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Suspicious.

'Post-production challenges' can usually be overcome. If the editing suite or sound studio have a technical failure, the producers can just replace or fix them. If a professional leaves for whatever reason, another one can be hired.

So, I wonder what's really going on.

I was really looking forward to this show. :(

If an editing suite or studio goes down, the work simply moves to the one next door, unless when it went down it took significant work down with them with no access to back ups, which is quite unheard of in this day in age. TV broadcasts from servers, and when one goes down, there's two more back up servers just for air - forget about actual storage. There are so many steps in post-production: editing, audio, review, captioning, DV, etc., before it's even delivered to Master Control for air. Something could have gone wrong well after editing but it would have to be sufficiently catastrophic for it to be pulled and not rescheduled at all. Marquee programs aren't treated like Littlest Hobo repeats.

I would put money on that they couldn't get rights to a fair bit of the music for air. When Stars On Ice is shown, fans complain when one program is chosen for air over another, but that's often decided by what music they were able to pay for. I know the opening was good to go, because Serena Ryder has a good working relationship with CTV. :p

Also possible: the CTV producer/bigwigs (big shows often need to be approved by higher-up directors) involved may have had a different vision for what they wanted to air, and couldn't come to an agreement with the tour producers. That would be rare, as they all would have signed a contract, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Either way, there's a handful of times to air skating shows like this for maximum $$$, and TTYCT just lost out on probably the best time of year for broadcast. It could make sense to air before/after Canadians (CTV still has those rights, I believe) but that would have been announced by now. I don't think there's any plans to air this at all, and I'm sure someone's head rolled over it.

Anemone

Just announced during tonight's nationals broadcast that this will air on CTV on Feb. 10th at 7pm.

screech

During the free dance broadcast of Canadians, Rod Black just announced that the TTYCT will air on CTV on February 10.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I'm relieved - I really thought they weren't airing it this season.

Japanfan

Here's the Thank You Canada Tour for anyone feeling like they need a little self-immolation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eb4Q8ZYisM

Thanks for posting that, I missed it when it showed on TV.

I am generally not a fan of a show skating, but did enjoy the performances to older programs. As usual, the girls vs. boys and flirty boys/girls numbers got on my nerve.

But seeing Elvis was wonderful. I'm particularly fond of his Bruce Lee program, which was the first program I probably ever watched in FS (94 Men's Olympics comp is what made me a fan). But I also enjoyed his show numbers - more than I have in the past.

He's 46, and still a better jumper than P. Chiddy. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information