Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

mia mar

well, dwts gossip retweeted eTalk´s teaser. I feel nervous about this. I am not sure I want her to do dwts, especially not without scott.

D

Deleted member 74551

I’d be very surprised if they wanted one but not the other, and I’d also be very surprised if Scott would want to touch the show with a 10ft stick :p But in the highly unlikely chance it is this, I think I’d actually prefer just Tessa- you just know they’d try and manufacture drama if it were both.

Tbh, she’d probably be better than half of the professionals.

RoseRed

I’d be very surprised if they wanted one but not the other, and I’d also be very surprised if Scott would want to touch the show with a 10ft stick :p But in the highly unlikely chance it is this, I think I’d actually prefer just Tessa- you just know they’d try and manufacture drama if it were both.

Tbh, she’d probably be better than half of the professionals.
Looks like they've announced it.

We're SO EXCITED to announce that the amazing @tessavirtue is going to be taking over @YourMorning, @TheMarilynShow, @TheSocialCTV & @etalkCTV on Monday! You won't want to miss a minute!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Who announced it? And announced what exactly? She'll be hosting all those shows? Or just appearing on them? I'm so confused :confused:

dramagrrl

I’m not particularly a Gilles and Poirier fan, but I also agree they have interesting choreography. I loved their Hitchcock FD back from 2014 and I also like this ex of theirs https://youtu.be/u8u-kWecraA
I'm not particularly a G/P fan either, but I also really liked the Hitchcock FD and have liked some of their other choreo as well. I was a huge Crone/Poirier fan and loved a lot of the work Lane/Razgulajevs did for them, and I have also really liked the choreography of several lower-ranked dance teams at both the junior and senior levels that have come out of their school over the past ten years or so.

Re: the possibility of Tessa and/or Scott doing DWTS - please, please no. I would love it if they could totally avoid "reality" TV/competitions of any kind, unless it was another show of their own like in 2013-14. (And even that was pretty cheesy and wouldn't be my favourite idea.) I would much rather have them do a big, splashy skating TV special with lots of other high-ranked skater guests, along the lines of the amazing specials CBC produced back in the day (Brian Orser's Night Moves and Blame it on the Blues, which included guests such as Bourne & Kraatz, Brasseur & Eisler, Katerina Witt, and others, Elvis Stojko's Elvis: Incognito with B&K, Lucinda Ruh and others and of course, the absolute pinnacle of skating specials in my mind forever, Kurt's You Must Remember This, with Kristi Yamaguchi, Josee Chouinard, Hough & Ladret, etc.).

Sonata

If it were the 90s, they would have multiple CBC specials coming out for sure. I love You Must Remember This. It would be wonderful if they had someone like Kurt to guest star and guide them in doing a special like that. Would be great to see them do something like Carmen on Ice, which Katarina Witt and the two Brians did. It won an Emmy. I doubt CBC has the funds, but V&M have the charisma and skill to carry a drama on ice of that kind. They could sell it as ice dance meets hip hop/modern dance/lyrical romance. It would be amazingly voidy.

Gosh, I’m getting nostalgic for times where we had skating specials and I’d watch CBC specials on Sunday nights.

dramagrrl

If it were the 90s, they would have multiple CBC specials coming out for sure. I love You Must Remember This. It would be wonderful if they had someone like Kurt to guest star and guide them in doing a special like that. Would be great to see them do something like Carmen on Ice, which Katarina Witt and the two Brians did. It won an Emmy. I doubt CBC has the funds, but V&M have the charisma and skill to carry a drama on ice of that kind. They could sell it as ice dance meets hip hop/modern dance/lyrical romance. It would be amazingly voidy.

Gosh, I’m getting nostalgic for times where we had skating specials and I’d watch CBC specials on Sunday nights.
There were also the hilarious fairy-tale specials starring Liz Manley which were a combination of skating and comedy with well-known Canadian actors - Back to the Beanstalk and The Trial of Red Riding Hood. Kurt had another special before You Must Remember This and Brian Orser also had another initial special which were both simpler specials that were more focused on introducing them as skaters and people and less on dramatic storylines.

I am re-watching Elvis: Incognito on YouTube and while it is probably the weakest of these specials (too much cheesy "acting" between the skating scenes), it was still interesting and definitely worth watching. B&K had two dance numbers in the show that were great (I still adore the second one to a male/female vocal of "Time After Time"), and there were interesting bits with a magician, and another one with Brian Orser and Elvis doing duelling footwork over a light show on ice shaped like a huge guitar.

Awesome specials of the past aside, the part of me whose skatefan heart will always belong to Bourne & Kraatz would love to see V&M go to Shae-Lynn for choreography that would involve them learning/incorporating hydroblading into a program! (I loved this!)

Last edited:

Zazy

Re: the possibility of Tessa and/or Scott doing DWTS - please, please no. I would love it if they could totally avoid "reality" TV/competitions of any kind, unless it was another show of their own like in 2013-14. (And even that was pretty cheesy and wouldn't be my favourite idea.)

That's an understatement! I'm allergic to reality shows of any kind, the manufactured drama is just too much for me. I couldn't even get through more than a few minutes of the show, and the few clips I saw... who thought that was a good idea? Not sure if I could watch DWTS even if they were on - too much second-hand embarrassment.

A TV special probably won't happen but maybe a skating show that's centered around them where they invite their international skating friends?

dramagrrl

A TV special probably won't happen but maybe a skating show that's centered around them where they invite their international skating friends?
I suggested in the Patrick Chan thread that I wished his "big announcement" on the 15th wouldn't just be an official retirement announcement, but would be about starting a fall/winter Canadian tour with V&M as co-headliners. I know, big, far-fetched dreams, but a girl can wish, right? ;)

(And more seriously - in a post-Olympic year, with Team Canada as Olympic gold medalists, four skaters with six non-team medals between them - D/R, Patrick and V/M, of course - and a reigning World Champion with Kaetlyn, a Canadian tour with one big sponsor to fund it would probably be very profitable.)

Twilight1

@dramagrrl

1995 World Ex is my favourite exhibition of B&K. Sadeness from 2003 is a close 2nd.

I would love to see a tour with these skaters. I would especially love it if they did it in the fall except I don't think Osmond would be a part of it with it being to close to the season.

My favourite tours were Elvis' back in 1994+. I saw K&P, U&Z, Pasha & Sasha etc courtesy of those tours. I would never have seen some international names because CSOI was mostly Canadian skaters... not to say I wasn't happy to see Orser, Browning, S&P, etc

dramagrrl

My dream tour of the moment would be co-headlined by V/M and Patrick and would include Kaetlyn, D/R, Seguin/Bilodeau and Weaver/Poje (maybe throw in Soucisse/Firus and Nic Nadeau as bonus) as the Canadian content, and Savchenko/Massot, Sui/Han, Javier, P/C, and the Shibs as international guest stars. Obviously never gonna happen. ;)

Emdee

@dramagrrl

1995 World Ex is my favourite exhibition of B&K. Sadeness from 2003 is a close 2nd.

I would love to see a tour with these skaters. I would especially love it if they did it in the fall except I don't think Osmond would be a part of it with it being to close to the season.

My favourite tours were Elvis' back in 1994+. I saw K&P, U&Z, Pasha & Sasha etc courtesy of those tours. I would never have seen some international names because CSOI was mostly Canadian skaters... not to say I wasn't happy to see Orser, Browning, S&P, etc
I always remember the dance from that tour where those 3 dance teams along with BK danced.

Sonata

I’m just thinking this over and V/M do have the sponsors to put on a tv special: Adidas, Acura West, Lindt,Nivea, VISA, to name a few. I would not want them to ever go on DWTS. That’s not a dig against that show - it’s just that what draws people to them is their connection, and they would be separated if they went on DWTS. Also, I would see Americans like ShibSibs or Adam Rippon being offered spots ahead of them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were offered another reality show during Olympics and that they declined, having seen what the producers did with the first one (as Scott said, they did not respect his two basic requests: 1-Don’t create a romance between us 2-Don’t pit us against Meryl and Charlie).

Judy

I’m just thinking this over and V/M do have the sponsors to put on a tv special: Adidas, Acura West, Lindt,Nivea, VISA, to name a few. I would not want them to ever go on DWTS. That’s not a dig against that show - it’s just that what draws people to them is their connection, and they would be separated if they went on DWTS. Also, I would see Americans like ShibSibs or Adam Rippon being offered spots ahead of them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were offered another reality show during Olympics and that they declined, having seen what the producers did with the first one (as Scott said, they did not respect his two basic requests: 1-Don’t create a romance between us 2-Don’t pit us against Meryl and Charlie).

I never heard that they declined a second tv show and that Scott said those comments. I didn’t get the impression that they implied romance between the two though and it was hard not to have some type of rilavry shown in the first tv series. Plus they had Scott’s ex-girlfriend.

kittysk8ts

I have a question with all of this DWTS discussion - have they EVER had any athletes who are not from, or competing for USA on the show? I know it is moot, but still wondering.

pani

Will she still be able to tour?
What is tour, what is figure skating, who is Scott Moir? This all I about Tessa Virtue, who look won 10 medals at OG along and about her sponsorships and projects. Of couse she used SM photos, when she need to get more likes under her sponsorships messages.
Hope

kittysk8ts

What is tour, what is figure skating, who is Scott Moir? This all I about Tessa Virtue, who look won 10 medals at OG along and about her sponsorships and projects. Of couse she used SM photos, when she need to get more likes under her sponsorships messages.
Hope
???

Sonata

I never heard that they declined a second tv show and that Scott said those comments. I didn’t get the impression that they implied romance between the two though and it was hard not to have some type of rilavry shown in the first tv series. Plus they had Scott’s ex-girlfriend.

I do not know for a fact at all that they were offered another reality show, so thanks for preventing a rumour. My point is I wouldn’t be surprised IF there had been an offer, as the comeback narrative would have been interesting. I just can’t see a producer not contemplating it. I do remember the series showing many suggestive looks between the two and being edited to seem like Tessa was pining away for Scott. One person I worked said she was convinced after watching the show that Tessa was in love with him, which I quickly disagreed with. (If I recall, Tessa may have been in a long-term relationship at that time, but the bf was not shown.)

I was paraphrasing Scott. He mentioned asking the producers to stay away from those two storylines when giving an interview with TSL, around minute 44.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information