Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, #46 : Until the End of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyasnake

Thanks for this. Some fantastic skating! I like this program much better this time around than the first time around a little while back. I still don't care for the music personally but they really seem to believe in this program and they make it work.
That's the key. 2 examples come to mind : First, P/C's free last year. Everybody said it was too risky etc, and they end up with the WR. Second H/D' SD from last year. Highly doubted and criticized because of too many "music cuts","it's too much","not cohesive" etc. They get a monstruous score at worlds. Both teams really liked their material and believed in it really much. This year, V/M has had "critics" for the FD, for the theme actually (also for the SD, but it's more a stylistic question, not a theme choice, so doesn't matter because it works), but since they are so committed to it, I expect it to grow even more so that it peaks in Korea. When you connect to a programm, it's hard to go wrong :gallopin1

Maddie Sparks

I just looked over the protocols and V/M scored 18 perfect 10s within the Performance, Composition and Interpretation sections of the PCs. It's safe to say that the judging panel is really responding to this program - regardless of what the skating media or fandom is saying. I can't even imagine the score they could get if they hit all their levels (which they are so close to doing already) and skated it clean.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So make that two bobbles then? I only noticed one, in the CiSt in the left corner opposite the judges. She was doing a turn and bobbled. I missed the one in front of the judges.

Sorry so late replying. I checked the seating order of the judges when I went back tonight and as suspected the two lowest GOE's they got for the CiSt (+1) from the Spanish and Russian judges is precisely where it happened. Which is also right in front of the tech panel. It isn't a level issue but I imagine those two caught it and along with the twizzle reflected it in their GOE score. But you had to be looking at them and see the expression on Tessa's face to know something was off and those two judges would have had a front row seat. it's not a big deal, I was more curious why they gave +1 while all the others went higher so it must be that. it happens around the 1:45 mark in the video right above that ddtpdx posted but it isn't as noticeable from that angle. From where I was sitting her face was more noticeable.

Anyway, just to repeat my impressions today. That FD is so good live!

forthewin

I just watched their FD. I'm in tears. That's so touching. V/M have always been able to draw me completely in, but this time I feel like they touched my soul with this FD. I'm literally tearing up during the middle part until the end. I can't help it. It's beyond the world wonderful.

dramagrrl

British Eurosport, after the FD: "I can't imagine anyone is going to compete with that this season."

As much as I sincerely like P&C, I agree - no one should be able to if they skate clean. In terms of pure skating and pure ice dancing skills, Tessa and Scott are just a cut above the entire rest of the field.

Alexandria

lovely commentary from Ben Agosto in the second showing in the Olympic channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Pp5pm9ME4

This is great. I wouldn't want to listen to this much commentary all the time, but for a second showing, I love that he did his homework and made an effort to talk about the technicalities of why they received the scores they did. I never see that from commentators, at least not in English.

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but they're looking so much more confident, compared to last year, with the twizzles. I hope that keeps up all season!

double runner

You know what's weird? Of course I've known (like everyone else) that this will be their final year of competing but it didn't really hit me until just now as I watched the run through of their exhibition number. The song is perfect for them and I think having them use some familiar moves and lifts almost makes this a compilation of their their career.

By all accounts, this was something they just put together this morning so I'm sure its a bit of a tribute piece.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I wonder if this was their planned exhibition or just something they threw together for SC due to the singer's death. Did they say?
Scott attended the airing of their final Kingston concert in some small town in Ontario so I think it was something in his mind to do at some point this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information